XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Home

The agents investigate the Peacocks family.

Home

Postby GillyDreamer78 » August 28th, 2010, 9:39 am

Picspam by nino.smile
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Re: Home

Postby maurisap » May 29th, 2012, 7:21 pm

I watched this Sunday night in the chatroom. Wow! Still as good as ever!

This is the ultimate sick episode. I still, after all these years, cannot hear Johnny Mathis sing "Wonderful" without flashing to this ep.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby Agent Skulder » May 30th, 2012, 2:43 pm

maurisap wrote: This is the ultimate sick episode...

... it's sick alright, but not completely fiction. Lots of inbred families still exist in rural, outlying areas in the US. This is one reason why some census takers were armed for the 2010 Census.

I still, after all these years, cannot hear Johnny Mathis sing "Wonderful" without flashing to this ep.

I thought this music was the perfect counterpoint to the horror depicted. But you're right - if that song were to play, I'd flash on the final scene, no question.
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Skulder » June 10th, 2013, 6:01 pm

An infamous episode of the X-Files was based on something that happened to Charlie Chaplin!

@OMGFacts: An infamous episode of the X-Files was based on something that happened to Charlie Chaplin! Which one? http://omgf.ac/ts/T1C

Great read complete with original outdated XF website link. And a less gruesome explanation of the story idea genesis, than one of the crew actually reading about a family like the Peacocks.

"The show had shocking images and an atmosphere that resembled the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The script turned a lot of heads at Fox. Some executives even called it immoral. Turns out, the writers based the script on the real life experiences of Charlie Chaplin.

Chaplin was touring England in a musical. He went to stay in an old boarding house. The family who ran it liked him and asked him to come upstairs to show him something not many people saw. There was a man with no arms or legs. Then, they started dancing and the kid flopped around. When they were done, the kid lay on his back and was rolled under the bed.

That anecdote showed up in an autobiography and the writer of the episode thought that he just had to do something like that at some point in his life...

Source:
http://www.oocities.org/earl20xx/XHome.html
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby TruthIsOutThere » October 30th, 2015, 5:15 pm

Here's an interview with Morgan and Wong about this episode.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Return to 4.2 Home