XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

What other Annabeth Gish movies do u like?

Moderator: ItsOutThere

What other Annabeth Gish movies do u like?

Postby Gillyinfatuation » June 12th, 2010, 10:45 pm

I like Mystic Pizza and of course Stephen Kings Desperation.
“If you do that one more time, YOU’RE GOING TO LOSE A FINGER!!”
gillyinfatuation.tumblr.com
Gillyinfatuation
Cassandra Spender, Hybrid Liason

Re: What other Annabeth Gish movies do u like?

Postby GillyDreamer78 » June 13th, 2010, 7:24 am

I really love Mystic Pizza too. I've sen her in many films and series but can't remember the titles.
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Postby Quest » December 15th, 2010, 6:00 am

I love, love, love Mystic Pizza!! And as it so happens I just had the chance to go to Mystic, CT for a weekend and you know that we had to go to the REAL Mystic Pizza!! It was awesome, and the staff there was so nice. They have the whole place decorated with picture from the movie and from the filming of the movie. OMG it was something to see. And what is even better about Mystic Pizza that we seem to forget??? Is that it had two actors from the X Files in it...we can't forget about Lili Taylor!

THE ANSWERS ARE THERE, YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR THEM.
Quest
Eddie Van Blundht, Plumber

Postby GillyDreamer78 » December 15th, 2010, 7:08 am

OMG, Quest, that is awesome!! Yes, two actresses, Lili Taylor from "Mind's Eye" too! 8-) Thank you so much for posting this, Quest! big]
GillyDreamer78

Postby SpecialAgent88 » December 15th, 2010, 9:03 am

I like Mystic Pizza too and that is so cool about the REAL Mystic Pizza place, I never knew it even existed, thanks for the photos Quest 8-)
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby Gillyinfatuation » December 15th, 2010, 10:17 am

thats awesome Quest.......thanks for sharing 8-)
“If you do that one more time, YOU’RE GOING TO LOSE A FINGER!!”
gillyinfatuation.tumblr.com
Gillyinfatuation
Cassandra Spender, Hybrid Liason

Postby Agent Skulder » December 17th, 2010, 9:08 am

Quest wrote:I love, love, love Mystic Pizza!! .... And what is even better about Mystic Pizza that we seem to forget??? Is that it had two actors from the X Files in it...we can't forget about Lili Taylor!

I completely forgot Lili Taylor was in Mystic AND X-Files! I think both she and Gish are both excellent actors who never seem to get much recognition.... To me that means they're THAT GOOD as actors when their persona doesn't overpower their roles. (As opposed to actors who are constantly in the news every time they sneeze, yet once their movies open you're left wondering "They earned HOW much?" ... I'd rather watch Taylor and Gish any day.)

Quick trivia - for the longest time I just assumed that Annabeth Gish was related to the great actress of an earlier era, Lillian Gish. Annabeth has said in many interviews that they're not related. Since it's such an unusual name, people naturally assume they're related somewhere on a family tree.
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby GillyDreamer78 » December 17th, 2010, 10:18 am

Agent Skulder, I agree with you. I would rather watch Taylor and Gish too than these actors who are constantly in the news every time they sneeze like you said.
Interesting trivia, thanks, Agent Skulder! ;)
GillyDreamer78

Postby MF Luder » December 17th, 2010, 11:03 am

I adore a film called Beautiful Girls. Annabeth appears alongside Timothy Hutton, Matt Dillon, Pruit Taylor Vince (Unruhe), Uma Thurman, Mira Sorvino, Lauren Holly and Rosie O Donnell and it's a wonderful little film, slow moving, but full of charm, humour and a good soundtrack.
MF Luder
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Agent Skulder » April 10th, 2011, 9:37 pm

Earlier I was thinking about one of the first movies I ever saw Gish in... Which led me to remember to another what I call "sleeper" - a movie that generated little buzz but was, and remains, well worth the rental.

I'm no MF Luder so please bear with me - also IMDb does a much better job with details than I can.  The main takeaway here is - if only to watch a less experienced Gish in action, these are well worth your time.

The earlier / earliest movie released in 1987 was "Hiding Out" with Jon Cryer.  The story's a bit preposterous -  a 20-something stockbroker does a bad thing and "hides out" at his cousin's high school as a (wait for it) high school kid.  But you know how certain actors just catch your eye and make you smile?  This actor was a young, still round faced Gish who was just outstanding.  Her true (IRL) persona shone thru, and you wanted the movie to continue to see whether she and Cryer's characters really got to know each other once he was done hiding out.  (BTW - he does a much better job in this film than the Sheen POS 2.5 Men. - just my not so humble opinion. Wouldn't want to date or mate him, but would gladly berate him!)

Next is a thriller - "The Last Supper" - a MUST RENT.  OMFG!  The first time I watched this my ice cream melted, uneaten.  It's from 1995 and features Gish, Cameron Diaz, (Mr.) Courtney B. Vance who's SPECTACULAR (that velvety voice and delivery... Someone catch me when I faint) and Ron Eldard.... These grad students share a house, and invite guests to dinner.  Anyone they decide doesn't meet their own ethical standards, or whom they just dislike, well, let's say they find a new way to fertilize their rose garden.  While the actors aren't hard to look at, the WRITING will take you away.  Plus the movie makes a point which (these days) is an unexpected bonus.  You get to think for a change, and it's not all about the sex.
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Thexfilesz » April 18th, 2011, 8:02 pm

I liked the short film she did, Gillery's Little Secret. She's like the perfect lesbian :lf
Thexfilesz
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby tigerlilie » April 18th, 2011, 8:13 pm

My fav is "Shag". My cousins and I would watch it every summer at the resort we went to as a family. Not the most high quality of films but it holds nastalga for me. I have not seen it in years but the general premis is that it is about four girl friends in the '60's just out of high school who go for one last trip together before one gets married. Shananigins inssu. It is cute.
tigerlilie
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby stottie92 » April 19th, 2011, 7:05 pm

I was round at a friend's house today and while we were chosing what movie to watch I came across Mystic Pizza and when I saw that AG was in it I dropped everything else and begged that we watched it...well I was begging in my mind - on the outside I like to think I kept a cool face :)
Anyway, I really enjoyed it and as much as I love Julia Roberts - I really think Gish blew her out of the water in this movie!
p.s whenever Jojo and Bill stood next to each other I couldn't help but picture Mulder and Scully...does anyone know if Jojo was really small or was Bill tall?
stottie92
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby kyouryokusenshi » August 13th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Knots was also great! She also plays a lesbian in this comedy. Buying "Brotherhood" and going to watch. In ss3, they actually in-cooperate her pregnancy into the show. Very interesting and cannot wait to watch!
kyouryokusenshi
Blane Faulkner, Wannabe Abductee

Postby joss_doggett » September 18th, 2015, 4:25 pm

Just saw the Canadian tv movie Murder on her Mind (2007) starring beautiful Annabeth. My wife and I really enjoyed it. It was very moving and full of suspense I highly recommend it. She plays the role of a mother, a novelist and a detective in which she excels at.

Cover here:

http://www.zone-telechargement.com/index.php?q=annabeth+gish&search_start=2#biglistcheckbox
Monica Reyes: Mmm. I'm back in Gdansk. Let me get some plates.
John Doggett: Plates? For crying out loud... who eats Polish sausage with plates?
joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Return to Reyes / Annabeth Gish