XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Rate "The Beginning"

M&S hunt for a deadly creature in the Arizona desert.

The Beginning

5 -- Perfect episode!
13%
4 -- Near perfect
25%
3 -- Good episode
25%
2 -- Needs some improvement
38%
1 -- Really needed rewriting
No votes

Total votes : 8

Rate "The Beginning"

Postby maurisap » October 26th, 2010, 11:36 pm

With the X-Files reopened, Mulder and Scully eagerly hunt for a deadly creature in the Arizona desert. What they find seems to support Mulder’s revived belief in aliens, but is discredited when the agents are not reassigned to the X-Files, with Jeffrey Spender and Diana Fowley taking over instead.

Rate the episode and write a review.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
]
maurisap
Site Admin

Re: Rate "The Beginning"

Postby maurisap » November 15th, 2010, 9:47 pm

"3-"
This gets a 3 minus from me because there were really good parts and really awful parts. I hate the change in alien forms, and I hated the introduction of Fowley and Spender.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
]
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby scully_hair » November 16th, 2010, 3:47 am

Anything with Mimi Rogers in it is bound to suck hard and this episode is no exception. The only positive thing that can be said about "The Beginning", is that it's not the worst hour of the show.
scully_hair
Darin Oswald, Electricity

Postby MartinaBC » December 17th, 2010, 2:39 am

I can live with the introduction of Spender, but I absolutely hate Diana Fowley. Poor Scully, she looks so jealous sometimes...
Mulder should not even talk to Fowley (inmy humble opinion), she is such a b...ch... :lol:
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hands"
( from The X Files, Episode "Amor Fati")
MartinaBC
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ScullyIsMyHomegirl » December 26th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Just saw this eppy for the first time and thought I'd write a few initial thoughts on it

All in all it was a good episode. positives were a good storyline, a great guest star turn from the actor who plays Gibson Praise. He just blew me away. A few great one liners from Scully as well. However a huge negative was the introduction of spender and fowley. I can't stand that mulder would trust fowley's judgement over mulders.

Its my first time watching season six so if i bring anything up that has already been covered i do apologise. I also wondered whether it will be a good idea to have an initial thoughts bit from me after I've watched each eppy of series 6
W.W.D.S.D - What Would Dana Scully Do??

Check out my fic UnChanged in the Romance section :)
ScullyIsMyHomegirl
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby Blue Strawberries » June 28th, 2011, 4:28 am

A very enjoyable start to the season, with some minor flaws. Positives: The CSM, Gibson Praise, The Alien-thingie, Negatives: Fowley and Spender... detest them both, especially Spender. I'll have to give it a 4, because the positives were very positive and overweigh the negatives.
"Not everything dies, Mr. Mulder."
Blue Strawberries
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby dnb_junkie » August 3rd, 2014, 6:45 am

I watched this episode again yesterday but paid more attention. Usually I either skip or half watch some episodes if I'm doing a rewatch. It isn't the worst episode and it was better than I remembered, probably because I paid more attention so knew what was going on. It certainly isn't what I class as a great episode. Fowley and Spender being one of the things I disliked about it but there were some lines I liked and Gibson Praise being in it was a bonus.
dnb_junkie
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby Doug Hutchison » September 14th, 2015, 12:42 pm

Unfortunately the whole purpose of the episode seems to be to write off the movie, so it's just 40 minutes building to the alien's skin falling away and the show returning to where it was before. Rubbish.
Doug Hutchison
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Return to 6.1 The Beginning