XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Thoughts about the episode

Mulder switches lives with a Man in Black.

Thoughts about the episode

Postby maurisap » August 15th, 2011, 10:52 pm

I just watched this episode as part of the XFU ReWatch, and I have to say that it is as enjoyable now as it was in the "Old Days." Michael McKean is a jewel (I know I've said before that the casting people on XF were spectacular). The script is so funny! The crass things that Morris Fletcher says to Scully crack me up.

On a more serious note, once again Scully makes me want to knock my head against a wall. I keep wondering, after ALL she has seen in the last 6 years, how can she not see the differences in the way Mulder is acting and not realize that this isn't him! Especially after Van Blundht!
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
]
maurisap
Site Admin

Re: Thoughts about the episode

Postby ItsOutThere » August 5th, 2014, 5:15 am

Dreamland is one of my all-time favourite episodes; I honestly can't think of anything I don't like about it! You have the fantastic acting talent, well written characters and story lines, witty dialogue and, after the move from Vancouver to LA, some great new scenery to explore - the mid west! I have to agree with you though Maurisap, but at least she got things sorted in Field Trip!

Morris Fletcher: Oh baby, I like this.
[Scully handcuffs him to the bed]
Scully: [Scully fires a bullet into the wall next to Morris] You call me baby one more time, you're gonna be peeing through a catheter.

(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Return to 6.4 Dreamland