XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Arcadia

M&S go undercover as a married couple to investigate a planned community.

Arcadia

Postby GillyDreamer78 » August 3rd, 2010, 7:26 pm

ImageImageImageImage
Image Credit: xf_is_love@livejournal
Last edited by GillyDreamer78 on September 29th, 2010, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Re: Arcadia

Postby SpecialAgent88 » August 3rd, 2010, 8:07 pm

Mulder and Scully pretending to be a married couple = priceless.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby slvrscreenqt » August 19th, 2010, 1:34 am

What I love the most about this episode is the mere fact that they act so genuine when they "pretend" to be married. I can watch this episode with my eyes closed. It was made for every shipper. Without this episode we wouldn't have the classic lines like, "Woman make me a sandwich." & "The thrill is gone."

I love the fact that their sooo comfortable with each other in a domestic situation. Like how she's annoyed about the toilet seat, and yet she doesn't care if he sees her in a green mask. LOL. I love how they flirt between each other, from teasing each other to M constantly having his arms around S. Oh and not to mention, Rob & Laura Petrie <Ummm.... can you say Dick Van Dyke Show?>
slvrscreenqt
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby Agent Spooky » September 28th, 2010, 6:24 pm

SpecialAgent88 wrote:Mulder and Scully pretending to be a married couple = priceless.

So true... especially now ;). Considering things... they're practically married in a way :P.

slvrscreenqt wrote:What I love the most about this episode is the mere fact that they act so genuine when they "pretend" to be married. I can watch this episode with my eyes closed. It was made for every shipper. Without this episode we wouldn't have the classic lines like, "Woman make me a sandwich." & "The thrill is gone."

I love the fact that their sooo comfortable with each other in a domestic situation. Like how she's annoyed about the toilet seat, and yet she doesn't care if he sees her in a green mask. LOL. I love how they flirt between each other, from teasing each other to M constantly having his arms around S. Oh and not to mention, Rob & Laura Petrie <Ummm.... can you say Dick Van Dyke Show?>

Me too. That's why it's one of my favorite episodes.
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby maurisap » April 16th, 2011, 10:58 am

I know DD and GA look very domestic, but they look wonderful too! The perfect couple.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
]
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby special_agent_mully » July 25th, 2011, 11:30 am

love this one! mulder's dialogue is great. dig the part where mulder comes in and throws his sweatshirt across the room, past scully. scully's reaction is perfect. their flirty interaction throughout is warming.

this epi reminds me of 'the jones' that DD was in.
special_agent_mully
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Arcadia

Postby marian mulder 79 » August 28th, 2011, 3:16 am

slvrscreenqt wrote:What I love the most about this episode is the mere fact that they act so genuine when they "pretend" to be married. I can watch this episode with my eyes closed. It was made for every shipper. Without this episode we wouldn't have the classic lines like, "Woman make me a sandwich." & "The thrill is gone."

you're right, that there are subtle flirtatious around them, how every minute wasted not being able to hug mulder scully in and she was a little uncomfortable about the treatment of rare touch that way .. without regard to know a side rarely seen: such as when they have privacy: desoordenado and M is the opposite and she reveals a secret of beauty.
simply beautiful this episode and one that I never tire of laughing at jokes that are private.
David and Gillian do an excellent paper.
marian mulder 79
marian mulder 79
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby JaredJEstes » April 28th, 2014, 9:54 pm

Definitely agree with everything in this thread thus far! Love the couple dialogue!
By assuming that concepts have fixed meanings, we are surrendering our will to the wills of those who framed these concepts
JaredJEstes
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby ItsOutThere » August 5th, 2014, 6:20 am

Now before going into this I would like to ask a question. Where I live, we don't have these "Gated communities" or residential streets that have homeowners associations... so does this stuff actually happen? And is it really the American Dream to live in a place like that?

This episode is brilliantly hilarious with some stellar dialogue! There are so many classic moments that i wont try to mention them all... Sure the actual story line was a bit weak, but it was worth it just to witness the husband and wife facade!

Mulder: Wow. Admit it, all you want to do is play house. Woman! Get back in here and make me a sandwich!
[Scully throws a rubber glove at him]
Mulder: Did I not make myself clear?

Gordy: So, how was your first night? Peaceful?
Mulder: It was wonderful. We just spooned up and fell asleep like little baby cats. Isn't that right honey bunch?
Dana Scully: That's right poopy head.

(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby TruthIsOutThere » August 7th, 2014, 3:29 pm

Sadly, there is a lot of truth to Homeowner's groups like this. I don't understand how anybody could subject themselves to such things, but many (especially the wealthy) often do.

A friend I know, for example, has rules on how often he has to have the roof shakes (sort of like fancy shingles) replaced. Not only that, but it spells out exactly what color they need to be! :-o
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby ItsOutThere » August 9th, 2014, 7:20 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:A friend I know, for example, has rules on how often he has to have the roof shakes (sort of like fancy shingles) replaced. Not only that, but it spells out exactly what color they need to be!

Wow okay that is rather excessive. I think that is one of the major differences between NZ and the USA; We don't have a sense of neighbourhood communities, in fact not many people talk to their neighbours at all. I've never been to a "House warming Party" (Other than my friends') and we haven't had a block party or the likes either. The only "issue" we seem to have is with when berms should be cut, and if this should be done by the council. Other than that, you can have whatever colour of house, shingle or letterbox you like! The house across the road is purple and we don't even have a letterbox.
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » August 11th, 2014, 8:09 pm

Honestly that's how most of America is as well. It's the exception rather than the rule anymore to know your neighbors. And though we've hosted a few block parties, they're exceptionally rare here too.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby ItsOutThere » August 11th, 2014, 8:39 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:Honestly that's how most of America is as well. It's the exception rather than the rule anymore to know your neighbors. And though we've hosted a few block parties, they're exceptionally rare here too.

It's amazing though to see how media alters our perspectives so drastically. Half of the time, people are in these communities with white picket fences and big houses 'living the American dream'. Having BBQ's and street parties and the likes. To name a few that I've watched recently would be Arcadia, The Joneses, Edward Scissor Hands, Desperate Housewives... just to name a few!
ItsOutThere

Return to 6.15 Arcadia