XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

The Goldberg Variation

M&S meet the luckiest man on Earth.

The Goldberg Variation

Postby Agent Spooky » October 20th, 2010, 1:58 pm

I generally liked this episode ok.

It was certainly different -- that's for sure.

What it's about:

A man is tossed off the top of a 29 story building by gangsters. Amazingly, he gets up and walks away unscathed. Mulder and Scully investigate when Mulder suspects this man may have paranormal abilities. The man in question may just be the luckiest man on Earth.

Source: imdb.com

One of my favorite parts of this episode, was just the playfulness and the flirting between M & S :). It's nice to see that kind of stuff between those two.

As for the plot itself -- it was interesting to see how it unfolded. As in why the guy did what he did and that kind of thing. It turns out that he was doing it selflessly for someone in need.

Thoughts, anyone?
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Re: The Goldberg Variation

Postby GillyDreamer78 » October 20th, 2010, 2:11 pm

I love this episode, it's so cute. And Mulder and Scully are very flirty. My favorite moment is when Scully tells Mulder this:

Scully: "So, here's the plan, as I see it: we inform the Chicago field office about Weems, leaving it to them to secure his testimony, you change your clothes, we fly back to DC by sunset and all is right with the world."

I think she wanted to be with alone with Mulder, it's like something was going on between those two. hug]
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Postby Agent Spooky » October 20th, 2010, 3:25 pm

GillyDreamer78 wrote:I love this episode, it's so cute. And Mulder and Scully are very flirty. My favorite moment is when Scully tells Mulder this:

Scully: "So, here's the plan, as I see it: we inform the Chicago field office about Weems, leaving it to them to secure his testimony, you change your clothes, we fly back to DC by sunset and all is right with the world."

I think she wanted to be with alone with Mulder, it's like something was going on between those two. hug]

Yea I know. [agree]

We all know what was going on ;) .
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby scully_hair » October 20th, 2010, 3:52 pm

I've never liked this episode. The premise is rather intriguing but the execution is awful and the plot quickly becomes dull and very lame.
scully_hair
Darin Oswald, Electricity

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 20th, 2010, 7:22 pm

I like this episode and thought that Weems was a very good hearted person, because all he wanted to do was win enough money for the kid to get an operation. And I agree with GD78, both Mulder and Scully seem so flirty in this episode, they just wanted to fly back to DC and have a little fun in Mulder or Scully's apartment.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby SpecialAgent88 » June 14th, 2011, 8:22 am

Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » June 14th, 2011, 8:25 am

xphiles: Tumblr
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby redfoxykiwiphroot » October 9th, 2011, 4:22 pm

and Scully's wearing different lipstick... something's definately going down!
redfoxykiwiphroot
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Return to 7.6 The Goldberg Variation