XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Rate "Roadrunners"

S&D investigate a murder in a Utah town.

Roadrunners

5 -- Perfect episode!
44%
4 -- Near perfect
44%
3 -- Good episode
13%
2 -- Needs some improvement
No votes
1 -- Really needed rewriting
No votes

Total votes : 16

Rate "Roadrunners"

Postby maurisap » October 27th, 2010, 12:03 am

Working alone, Scully pursues a cult that worship a slug-like organism; but in her efforts to save an injured stranger, she discovers she’s in over her head.

Rate the episode and write a review.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Re: Rate "Roadrunners"

Postby JeSouhaite » October 27th, 2010, 8:32 pm

Excellent ep. The whole time, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for Doggett to find Scully. It's interesting that Scully basically ditches Doggett in this ep. I suppose it's her turn after having been ditched so many times by Mulder.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby maurisap » November 21st, 2010, 7:28 pm

Another good MOTW. This episode marks the time when I felt like the writers began making the character of JD someone who is likable and admirable.

On the other hand, and what keeps me from giving this a higher ranking, is the way they have Scully act. JD is her partner and she follows no rules of safety or care for her pregnancy, instead she ditches him. I would think Scully is smarter than this. And there just happens to be a phone booth out in the middle of nowhere? Don't think so!

"4"
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby gorgclaud » December 1st, 2010, 10:03 am

my 3rd fave ep of all time. Just so edge of your seat stuff, so funny with the creepy cult leaders and Scullys risk of her pregnancy, and us waiting for Doggett to finally get to her. When he does, it is quite possibly the best piece of TV and XF entertainment ever made! The whole sequence from when he questions that man and woman whilst Scully creates a fire to get attention is perfect, right to the end credits. It prgresses their relationship too, in an interesting way, really shows Doggetts character and where he stands, not just for Scully but for the audience too.

Love the way this ep looks too.

I made this tribute vid to the ep a long time ago now, right at the start of my digitial vidding "career" (i did vids on VHS back in the day too) so forgive its imperfectnesss!

gorgclaud

Postby gorgclaud » December 2nd, 2010, 10:12 am

I think i was a full on Doggett Scully Shipper during Patience...Roadrunners sealed it for sure that I was obsessed with Doggett and Robert Patrick. He is complete perfection in this ep. Hero, funny, cool , sauve, calm, understanding, sexy, in a suit - without jacket also - so you can see his wrist and his sexy watch :lol: and saves Scully's ass and doesnt have a massive go at her. Perfect man! :D
gorgclaud

Postby gorgclaud » December 8th, 2010, 11:44 am

Dana Doggett wrote:
I also find the way he uses his pocket knife to be very sexy too.

OMG all his accessories turn me on!! Wallet in Invocation too... :D
gorgclaud

Postby gorgclaud » December 8th, 2010, 12:26 pm

Dana Doggett wrote:
gorgclaud wrote:
Dana Doggett wrote:
I also find the way he uses his pocket knife to be very sexy too.

OMG all his accessories turn me on!! Wallet in Invocation too... :D

What about that third eye of his? ;) LOL

I wish we could have seen him wearing reading glasses. He has a Lens Crafters case on his bedside table. I would have died if we had seen him wearing glasses, that would have been so sexy.

now see Robert Patrick in whats it called....that film...so creepy and weird...he wears glasses in it and i dont like them on him...the one with Teri Hatcher.
gorgclaud

Postby stottie92 » June 14th, 2011, 3:25 pm

I always forget about this episode - which is a shame because I love it! I remember the first time I watched it I literally screamed in that scene when they're all rounding on Scully in the barn and she's yelling at the top of her voice - major goose-bumps! Awh and that scene near the end when Doggett carries Scully off in his arms - oh so macho.
stottie92
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby HristinaB » August 18th, 2012, 5:37 pm

Surprise, surprise, a non-Mulder episode I liked!

I found "Roadrunners" to be very, very tense, dark, creepy, gruesome and scary and enjoyed it a lot. However, I have *always* wondered how different (better?) it would have been, had we seen that episode with Mulder instead of Doggett. Can you imagine him slicing Scully and digging around her body for that slug? You can't tell me THAT wouldn't have been memorable! Plus, knowing that Vince Gilligan is the God of Continuity, I'm certain he would have made some mention of the chip implanted in the back of her neck, maybe have Mulder worry if maybe he removed it by mistake.

3/5
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it.
HristinaB
Big Mike, Staff Vet

Postby Doug Hutchison » October 17th, 2015, 9:56 pm

One of my favourite later episodes. It's creepy, funny, bizarre and well acted by all concerned.
Doug Hutchison
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby TruthIsOutThere » October 18th, 2015, 1:25 am

I absolutely love this one. It's probably in my top 10 XF episodes; it's that good. Typical great Vince Gilligan writing, and it gets back to that "creepy small town" feel that the show had in its first couple of seasons.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby syzygy620 » February 6th, 2016, 3:41 pm

I'm currently working my way through S8 stand-alones, and I think this is the best stand-alone episode/MOTW of the season. Badlaa's probably a close second, but Scully/Gillian Anderson is great in this one!
syzygy620
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby TruthIsOutThere » February 10th, 2016, 4:19 pm

syzygy620 wrote:I'm currently working my way through S8 stand-alones, and I think this is the best stand-alone episode/MOTW of the season. Badlaa's probably a close second, but Scully/Gillian Anderson is great in this one!

Agreed. "Badlaa" is another good one, but these are both fantastic MotW eps. My daughter mentioned something about somebody small and creepy last night and I referenced "Badlaa", to which she cried out in terror (she hates that episode, as it freaks her out so!)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Return to 8.4 Roadrunners