XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Anyone who watched the series after it was aired?

Moderators: ItsOutThere, Quest, TruthIsOutThere

Anyone who watched the series after it was aired?

Postby Jax » June 21st, 2016, 9:56 pm

I was too young to watch the series growing up, I remember watching reruns with my parents as a kid and seeing IWTB in theaters. I recently watched the entire series in one school year and just finished the reboot season 10. Now, I feel like I wasted the show because most people watched it from 93-02. It's funny because now I can't wait until season 11 because the x files is all I can think about now:). Anyone else like this? I barely even remember some of the episodes because of how fast I watched the series. :?
Jax
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Re: Anyone who watched the series after it was aired?

Postby Sage97 » August 4th, 2016, 9:51 pm

The forum makes me sad. No one hangs out here anymore.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby syzygy620 » August 7th, 2016, 4:50 pm

I know! I still check in to see if anything new has been posted. I'm willing to post and try to revive some old topics if anyone else is lurking about like I am ;)
syzygy620
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Sage97 » August 13th, 2016, 11:18 pm

I do too but it just depresses me. It seems that Mulder and Scully are no longer relevant. Forgotten.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby Andrew80 » August 23rd, 2016, 10:35 am

Mulder and Scully are always relevant. However, it is natural that there is less interest in this message board now after Season 10 was finished and there is no fresh news. However, people are still coming and if there is a Season 11 (CC, FOX and actors all said there was a strong possibility) there will be much more traffic here. Don't give up, the truth is still out there. :)
Andrew80
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby Agent Spooky » September 9th, 2016, 5:27 pm

I haven't had the chance to re watch season 10. Real life has just gotten in the way lately.
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby Sage97 » September 10th, 2016, 2:49 pm

Andrew80 wrote:Mulder and Scully are always relevant. However, it is natural that there is less interest in this message board now after Season 10 was finished and there is no fresh news. However, people are still coming and if there is a Season 11 (CC, FOX and actors all said there was a strong possibility) there will be much more traffic here. Don't give up, the truth is still out there. :)

Thanks Andrew. I will continue to trust no one until season 11.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » November 29th, 2016, 10:10 pm

Sage97 wrote:I do too but it just depresses me. It seems that Mulder and Scully are no longer relevant. Forgotten.

I wouldn't say they're irrelevant or forgotten, I just think people are too busy nowadays to stop and enjoy reading through the forums and the fan fictions. I had to remind myself the other day that I was on here virtually every day for a good 6 hours not long ago. I think it's time to get back involved. Hows it been Sage? We must organize a chat convo sometime soon.

Answering the original question; I watched the series after it had completely aired. I was only a little one when it first came out, and didn't discover it until my teens. Then was full on "fan-girl" when it played every day after-school. I saved up and went to buy seasons 6 - 9 because I couldn't wait a whole day to watch another episode :oops:
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby Sage97 » November 30th, 2016, 7:21 pm

ItsOutThere wrote:Hows it been Sage? We must organize a chat convo sometime soon.

Life's been good. A convo would be great. Haven't seen OneShoe around in forever. Just let me know and I'll join in.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby OneShoe » December 24th, 2016, 11:39 pm

Sage97 wrote:
Life's been good. A convo would be great. Haven't seen OneShoe around in forever. Just let me know and I'll join in.

I'm still alive, and I need more X-Files in my life.
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby Barry_Insane_Duane » April 9th, 2017, 9:22 am

On the original topic, I was born in '95 and never really watched any episodes growing up, although my parents did and told me about them some times. When I got to college I watched the whole series on Netflix and have since seen every episode multiple times. I wish I had been around to watch the whole series when it was airing on TV, but I loved being able to binge watch it. Netflix just removed the whole series, though, which sucks :(
Barry_Insane_Duane
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby Sage97 » April 9th, 2017, 9:46 pm

Try Amazon or Hulu. If not, the bluray set is more than worth it for a true Phile. :)
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby UofLCardFan08 » April 22nd, 2017, 11:02 pm

I was only 12 when it ended in 2002, and I didn't begin watching the series until early 2014.

Sage97 wrote:The forum makes me sad. No one hangs out here anymore.

Go to tumblr.com and certain facebook groups, and you will see that that's far from the case.
UofLCardFan08
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Return to X-Files General Discussion