LittleStarbuck
Rob Roberts, Food Service
LittleStarbuck

Revival Up-Dates

Postby LittleStarbuck » August 11th, 2015, 6:23 pm

So it's been confirmed that Sheila Larken will be returning to the X-Files (episode 2 "Home Again")
http://tvline.com/2015/08/07/the-x-files-scullys-mom-sheila-larken-episode-2/

And also that Annabeth Gish will be reprising her role as Monica Reyes in episode 6!
http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/783-exclusive-more-casting-news-for-xfilesrevival

(I needed some good news today :-) )

Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist
Sage97

Re: Revival Up-Dates

Postby Sage97 » August 12th, 2015, 5:40 am

Reyes!
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder

LittleStarbuck
LittleStarbuck

Postby LittleStarbuck » August 19th, 2015, 12:51 pm

Okay, we seem to have some episode titles (Some may be changed before the episodes air)

Episode 1- My Struggle
Episode 2- Home Again
Episode 3- Mulder and Scully meet the Were-Monster
Episode 4- Babylon
Episode 5- Founders Mutation
Episode 6- ?

If I'm being completely honest, none of these sound like X-Files episodes :lol:
Well, maybe Babylon.

Andrew80
Andrew80
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » August 19th, 2015, 2:37 pm

Except for My Struggle and Home Again, these are all working titles.

LittleStarbuck
LittleStarbuck

Postby LittleStarbuck » August 19th, 2015, 5:20 pm

LittleStarbuck wrote:Okay, we seem to have some episode titles (Some may be changed before the episodes air)

Episode 1- My Struggle
Episode 2- Home Again
Episode 3- Mulder and Scully meet the Were-Monster
Episode 4- Babylon
Episode 5- Founders Mutation
Episode 6- ?

My Struggle and Home Again are confirmed titles, as is Founder's Mutation, and it's just been updated that Episode 6 is titled My Struggle II

joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
joss_doggett

Postby joss_doggett » August 20th, 2015, 6:36 am

ANNABETH GISH :doink :doink :doink :lf :lf :lf loved] loved] loved] :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo bravo] bravo] bravo] bravo] tramp] tramp] tramp] party] party] serenade] serenade] serenade] reys] reys] reys] lovel) lovel) lovel) lovel) lovel) :-) :-) :-)
Monica Reyes: Mmm. I'm back in Gdansk. Let me get some plates.
John Doggett: Plates? For crying out loud... who eats Polish sausage with plates?

LittleStarbuck
LittleStarbuck

Postby LittleStarbuck » August 20th, 2015, 6:57 am

joss_doggett wrote:ANNABETH GISH :doink :doink :doink :lf :lf :lf loved] loved] loved] :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo bravo] bravo] bravo] bravo] tramp] tramp] tramp] party] party] serenade] serenade] serenade] reys] reys] reys] lovel) lovel) lovel) lovel) lovel) :-) :-) :-)

Hahaha, my feelings exactly joss_doggett! I knew you'd be excited :-)

Annabeth seems excited as well
https://instagram.com/p/6kf5ZyBXi4/?taken-by=annabeth_gish

joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
joss_doggett

Postby joss_doggett » August 20th, 2015, 7:10 am

Excited is an UN-DER-STATE-MENT my dear Starbuck! Even the Pointer Sisters were not AS excited as I am!

HIP-HIP-HURRAY !!!

John Doggett: Plates? For crying out loud... who eats Polish sausage with plates?

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » August 20th, 2015, 5:08 pm

It's been reported that "Chuck" alum Vik Sahay will be an informant for Mulder in an episode.

joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
joss_doggett

Postby joss_doggett » August 20th, 2015, 5:53 pm

The final episode of the #XFilesRevival begins filming today 08/20/15 at Riverview @olv #yvrshoots

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » August 21st, 2015, 11:08 am

That's cool; I wonder if any of it will look familiar? My daughter and I scoped out Riverview on our visit to Vancouver a few months ago, wondering if they would film there (in fact, we probably ran into some of the crew, though they denied it).

joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
joss_doggett

Postby joss_doggett » August 21st, 2015, 4:52 pm

You're a law officer Doug you can go wherever you want! Get us some pix and interviews from the set for cryin' out loud!

Kiddin' :-)

LittleStarbuck
LittleStarbuck

Postby LittleStarbuck » August 22nd, 2015, 3:49 pm

Annabeth Gish posted this image. The camera is named "Squishy Lens"
https://instagram.com/p/6qsjP-hXhc/?taken-by=annabeth_gish

Here is a demo clip of a "Squishy Lens"
http://www.clairmont.com/videos/squishy_lens/squishy_lens_demo.html

What do you guys think? It looks rather mystical. Dreamlike. If Reyes is being filmed with this camera, she will look like an angel! Or it could be a memory, flashback, I have no idea.

:dk

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » August 22nd, 2015, 5:31 pm

joss_doggett wrote:You're a law officer Doug you can go wherever you want! Get us some pix and interviews from the set for cryin' out loud!

Kiddin' :-)

Yeah, I learned back in the 90s that you don't even let Canadians (especially border patrol) know of your law enforcement connections. They assume you're a gun nut and psycho! lol

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » August 22nd, 2015, 5:35 pm

LittleStarbuck wrote:Annabeth Gish posted this image. The camera is named "Squishy Lens"
https://instagram.com/p/6qsjP-hXhc/?taken-by=annabeth_gish

Here is a demo clip of a "Squishy Lens"
http://www.clairmont.com/videos/squishy_lens/squishy_lens_demo.html

What do you guys think? It looks rather mystical. Dreamlike. If Reyes is being filmed with this camera, she will look like an angel! Or it could be a memory, flashback, I have no idea.

:dk

That's wild about the 'Squishy Lens', LS. It does make me wonder if they'll do something dream-like (that could be a way of bringing back some of the 'dead' characters as well).

LittleStarbuck
LittleStarbuck

Postby LittleStarbuck » August 31st, 2015, 5:08 pm

X-Files revival filming has finished

Final scene included Gillian Anderson and Annabeth Gish.

arghhhhhhhh.jpg
arghhhhhhhh.jpg (66.46 KiB) Viewed 3718 times

God is good

Joe X
Joe X
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner
Joe X

Postby Joe X » August 31st, 2015, 5:22 pm

Is my vision off, or is Revival Scully blonde? Am I alone in the feeling that I can't believe someone chose to make Scully blonde for the revival? I would like to personally start a 12 step group for this. Is nothing sacred? :|

LittleStarbuck
LittleStarbuck

Postby LittleStarbuck » August 31st, 2015, 5:31 pm

Joe X wrote:Is my vision off, or is Revival Scully blonde? Am I alone in the feeling that I can't believe someone chose to make Scully blonde for the revival? I would like to personally start a 12 step group for this. Is nothing sacred? :|

She'll be blonde for a specific reason. But don't worry, it seems to be more red in the leaked pics from episodes 3,4 and 5. Maybe they will making it redder in editing.

Joe X
Joe X
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner
Joe X

Postby Joe X » August 31st, 2015, 6:59 pm

From your lips to God's ears Little Starbuck!

I guess all we can do now is wait. The real question that the XFU inhabitants need to brace themselves for - just in case - is "Is it possible, to live in a world where Scully is a blonde?" To me, the universe has constants - physical laws that govern the way all other eventualities unfold. Light Speed is 299,792,458 m/s, sea level air pressure is 101.325 kPa, Spock has pointy ears, and Scully's hair is red. It is by these truths of perception, that all other facets of reality factor from....I'm just saying.

LittleStarbuck
LittleStarbuck

Postby LittleStarbuck » August 31st, 2015, 7:33 pm

Joe X wrote:From your lips to God's ears Little Starbuck!

I guess all we can do now is wait. The real question that the XFU inhabitants need to brace themselves for - just in case - is "Is it possible, to live in a world where Scully is a blonde?" To me, the universe has constants - physical laws that govern the way all other eventualities unfold. Light Speed is 299,792,458 m/s, sea level air pressure is 101.325 kPa, Spock has pointy ears, and Scully's hair is red. It is by these truths of perception, that all other facets of reality factor from....I'm just saying.

Then maybe Scully's blonde hair is an indication of a twist in reality?

But in all honesty, I think that they've given Gillian a weird wig that looks a different colour on every single photo, because there's that one that I posted from Annabeth's Instagram that makes Scully look blonde, then here's a another photo from the same scene:
11111.jpg
11111.jpg (74.58 KiB) Viewed 3707 times

It's red!
It must be something to do with camera filters, however in episode 1 she definitely looks blonde. Non-blonde Scully is not Scully at all, but then again, maybe that's the point.

joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
joss_doggett

Postby joss_doggett » September 1st, 2015, 9:50 am

ANNABEEEEEEEEEEEEEETH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lovel) lovel) lovel) lovel) lovel) lovel) lovel)

Annabeth, feel free to get under my umbrella there's room for 2 ;) ;) ;)

joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
joss_doggett

Postby joss_doggett » September 2nd, 2015, 11:15 am

LittleStarbuck
LittleStarbuck

Postby LittleStarbuck » September 2nd, 2015, 11:21 am

Someone who visited the set during the final filming last night said that -while Scully was being medical doctory to Mulder- she kissed him on the lips, however this was in rehearsal and they didn't do it again after having a talk with CC. DAMN YOU CC AND YOUR AVERSION TO MSR! However it says a lot about the state of MSR if Gillian felt that kissing Mulder would be something Scully would do in that moment.

Andrew80
Andrew80
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » September 2nd, 2015, 3:18 pm

LittleStarbuck wrote:Someone who visited the set during the final filming last night said that -while Scully was being medical doctory to Mulder- she kissed him on the lips, however this was in rehearsal and they didn't do it again after having a talk with CC. DAMN YOU CC AND YOUR AVERSION TO MSR! However it says a lot about the state of MSR if Gillian felt that kissing Mulder would be something Scully would do in that moment.

I've got a pretty reliable info (I, like Mulder, do not reveal my sources :) ) that will warm the hearts of all shippers: apparently, M and S will have resumed their romantic relationship before/during Episode 6. There won't be a kiss in the aforementioned scene, but because Mulder's illness is contagious and therefore they decided that Scully should be professional, not romantic about it, not because CC didn't want MSR. In addition, that scene, though the last one to be shot, will not be the ending scene of the show.

Reliability of information-around 85-90%.

joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
joss_doggett

Postby joss_doggett » September 3rd, 2015, 7:23 am

The ending scene of the show?

SAMANTHA MULDER RETURNS!!!

Reliability: 0-0.1% :P :P

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » September 3rd, 2015, 1:48 pm

More news from Daily Mail (who always seem keen to tell us what the characters are wearing), the Toronto Sun, and Geek Snack.

Andrew80
Andrew80
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » September 13th, 2015, 11:31 am

First episode of the reboot will premiere in October:

http://www.ibtimes.com/x-files-reboot-p ... dy-2093159

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » September 14th, 2015, 4:50 pm

Just heard that yesterday; it seems the Philes are overall pretty upset about it, and worried that we're going to be inundated with spoilers now. Personally, I'm hopeful the buzz will help the show.

DD interview (the full interview is half an hour, but this is the relevant part about TXF).

Andrew80
Andrew80
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » September 14th, 2015, 5:09 pm

Frankly speaking, the only episode from the reboot I am really looking forward to is Home Again-judging by previous spoilers, this is the only part of it that truly has potential to recapture the spirit of old MotW episodes from seasons 1-7. It won't be screened in advance, so I am home and dry :)

Thanks for the interview, it's really funny how real life DD has same mannerisms as Mulder, but totally different voice. Or maybe he simply had a bad cold :)

LittleStarbuck
LittleStarbuck

Postby LittleStarbuck » September 14th, 2015, 6:49 pm

CC has revealed in an interview that Mulder and Scully have in fact split up in the revival

"We do it in an interesting way," The X-Files creator Chris Carter tells The Hollywood Reporter of his decision to break up the popular couple. "We play with that relationship [in the event series]. We put some of the tension back in that was relieved by them being together. It added to the storytelling opportunities. It’s something that I came up with; I had been thinking about it. There was always talk of [breaking them up] if we did another movie."

"Put some tension back"? It's resolved! There is no UST anymore, STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! There better be a twist to this. Sometimes I wonder if CC has ever actually watched The X-Files or listened to a word the fandom has said. Oooooooo he makes me so mad :x :x :x

Andrew80
Andrew80
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » September 15th, 2015, 3:49 am

http://www.lifezette.com/popzette/why-x ... wont-exit/

More spoilers here (not just about MSR) from DD and Mitch Pileggi.

It is official now-I will not be watching the reboot at all. They confirmed what it would all be about-UST (which was artificially created in the first place) and relationship issues resolving and boring, boring, boring baby William stuff AGAIN, with MotWs taking a back burner. In short-seasons 8 and 9 (read: soap opera) all over again instead of fresh ideas. Extremely disappointing. I will watch Season 3 or 4 again instead and enjoy the REAL X-Files. I really don't see the point in tarnishing beautiful X-Files memories with this kind of stuff. I already made that mistake with IWTB. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Another thing-if CC thinks this is going to work 20 years later with new audiences, he's got another thing coming. The key for a successful revival is to capture new audiences-that means fresh, innovative plots and ideas that are in sync with the zeitgeist. If he thinks teenagers and young adults now are interested in resolving issues from 15 years ago (which they could not possibly know about because they were age 2-7 when these episodes had been originally aired or not born at all), bickering of a 50-somethings couple and miraculous revivals of characters that died at least three times before, he is seriously delusional. A lot of people that watched the original show are simply not interested anymore (logical, because it began 22 years ago and ended 13 years ago plus a lot of fans lost interest after ending of Season 7) and new audiences will in all probability neither understand nor care for this. I predict a biiiiig tank, just like IWTB tanked.

joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
joss_doggett

Postby joss_doggett » September 15th, 2015, 9:56 am

Sorry, I'm soooooo looking forward to seeing the show again only cuz there's Scully and Mulder on a / any screen!

PS: To Andrew80: sorry but HOME AGAIN is the IDW Season 11 X-Files comic book NOT the tv reboot!

Andrew80
Andrew80
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » September 15th, 2015, 12:12 pm

joss_doggett wrote:Sorry, I'm soooooo looking forward to seeing the show again only cuz there's Scully and Mulder on a / any screen!

PS: To Andrew80: sorry but HOME AGAIN is the IDW Season 11 X-Files comic book NOT the tv reboot!

It is also the second episode of the reboot.

lostinlove
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer
lostinlove

Postby lostinlove » September 15th, 2015, 2:01 pm

I will be watching if I get the chance ( here in Britain ) in spite of all the sadness and negativity that's going the rounds, I will watch, then decide what I think afterwards.
I owe you everything, you owe me nothing

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » September 18th, 2015, 12:44 pm

Thanks for the link (though it doesn't really say all that you said it says). I'm still very much looking forward to it, and am confident they'll do a masterful job.

joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
joss_doggett

Postby joss_doggett » September 18th, 2015, 4:27 pm

SO AM I !!

Andrew80
Andrew80
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » September 18th, 2015, 6:11 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:Thanks for the link (though it doesn't really say all that you said it says). I'm still very much looking forward to it, and am confident they'll do a masterful job.

I know, they said some of it directly and some of it I inferred.

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » September 24th, 2015, 12:32 pm

Nothing really new in this article about reboots, but it does suggest that the odds are good for TXF reboot to be at least somewhat successful, as franchises with a small but rabid fanbase do tend to get at least a solid portion of the crowded TV market.

lostinlove
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer
lostinlove

Postby lostinlove » September 25th, 2015, 9:01 am

Thanks for the article Truth, sorry to keep waffling on, but does ANYBODY know if we are getting the new episodes here in England (note desperation in request there!!)
I owe you everything, you owe me nothing

dnb_junkie
dnb_junkie
Duane Barry, Chauffeur
dnb_junkie

Postby dnb_junkie » September 25th, 2015, 9:08 am

lostinlove wrote:Thanks for the article Truth, sorry to keep waffling on, but does ANYBODY know if we are getting the new episodes here in England (note desperation in request there!!)

I have no idea if we will be, but I hope so!