maurisap
Site Admin
maurisap

The Viewers Go Wild!

Postby maurisap » January 25th, 2016, 6:54 pm

The media is reporting a big hit! Viewership was every bit as good as it was when the series ended. Hopefully viewership will increase as the 6 episodes air.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/01/25/the-x-files-return-nabs-blockbuster-ratings/#351e0ff9402c
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.

Eddie Van Blundht
Eddie Van Blundht
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner
Eddie Van Blundht

Re: The Viewers Go Wild!

Postby Eddie Van Blundht » January 25th, 2016, 7:23 pm

Aww Yeah!!!

Andrew80
Andrew80
Rob Roberts, Food Service
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » January 26th, 2016, 5:10 pm

The key question is: What are the ratings for Founder's Mutation? I mean, there is a big danger that some people, especially younger/new audience, simply gave up after that abomination of a first episode. That would be a huge shame, because Mutation represents (sort of) return to the X-Files we all know and love. I really hope people persisted and opted to watch the second episode too.

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » January 26th, 2016, 6:22 pm

Not everyone thought the first episode was bad. Personally, though I'm very concerned about a potential retcon of the Mythology, I thought it was better than "Founder's Mutation" (which was also pretty good).

My co-worker called today and raved and raved about how good "My Struggle" was, and the two people who watched it with me thought it was quite good as well.

The reviews are actually mixed (when totaling them up on another, very negative TXF website, there were actually more positive than negative reviews), with quite a few singing its praises, FWIW.

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » January 26th, 2016, 6:27 pm

Also, Rotten Tomatoes has Season 10 down so far as 86% positive (from the viewers). Combining that with the general reaction from what's been seen on social media and other sources, and most seem to really be enjoying the new season (which for now admittedly has a small sample size).

Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist
Sage97

Postby Sage97 » January 26th, 2016, 10:30 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:Also, Rotten Tomatoes has Season 10 down so far as 86% positive (from the viewers). Combining that with the general reaction from what's been seen on social media and other sources, and most seem to really be enjoying the new season (which for now admittedly has a small sample size).

That sounds very promising Truth. I said in another thread that I preferred My Struggle over Founders Mutation.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » February 1st, 2016, 6:23 pm

Even more promising: it's now being said that the show is breaking world-wide records. Seems there's still lots of fans out there! :sun

lostinlove
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer
lostinlove

Postby lostinlove » February 3rd, 2016, 12:16 pm

That is brilliant news Truth, can't wait for Monday when we get it here!
I owe you everything, you owe me nothing

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » February 3rd, 2016, 2:54 pm

Andrew80
Andrew80
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » February 3rd, 2016, 6:23 pm

There was still a significant drop of ratings from the first ep to the second. I mean, on the one hand it was expected, but on the other it still showed a (natural) disappointment of viewers with that wretched My Struggle thingy. I am curious-can someone post the ratings for the Were-Monster? If that one had good ratings we can expect a significant increase for Home Again.

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » February 4th, 2016, 5:28 pm

Andrew80 wrote:There was still a significant drop of ratings from the first ep to the second. I mean, on the one hand it was expected, but on the other it still showed a (natural) disappointment of viewers with that wretched My Struggle thingy. I am curious-can someone post the ratings for the Were-Monster? If that one had good ratings we can expect a significant increase for Home Again.

The latest ratings are saying around 10 million for M&SMTWM, but more importantly it was the #2 show for the week in the coveted demographics (and the #7 show overall). When you're getting nearly 80% of the viewers of the top rated show on TV (which in this case was the Republican debate sans Trump), you're still considered to be a hit. Almost just as important, it seems to be a good lead-in for FOX's Lucifer.

Andrew80
Andrew80
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » February 6th, 2016, 4:00 am

That is very good news, that means the viewers stuck to it. Excellent. I can say with relative certainty we'll see more of the X-Files even after episode 6 ends.

barchick
barchick
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator
barchick

Postby barchick » February 9th, 2016, 5:59 am

Great news. I just hope that by the time we come back for a follow on season that Chris and co have some better scripts. I'm even open to bringing in some new writers for some fresh ideas.

Though Fox if you are going to commission another season, can we have a 10/12 episode run this time? 6 is not enough to do what we need done in a series with this amount of history.

Andrew80
Andrew80
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » February 9th, 2016, 6:17 am

barchick wrote:Great news. I just hope that by the time we come back for a follow on season that Chris and co have some better scripts.

And that Mulder and Scully will be doing the investigating, not some cheap substitutes (Agents Miller and Bronstein or whoever).

ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » March 3rd, 2016, 3:33 pm

The show was doing incredibly well in the UK as well:

And while 1.32 million more people watched NCIS on CBS last week, The X-Files had more than twice as many viewers as any other scripted series among the treasured age group of 18-49, the Nielsen company said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z41sFxdtUs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3418339/Isn-t-nice-suddenly-highly-regarded-Mulder-s-quote-rings-true-X-Files-debuts-16-19-million-viewers.html
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)