Many of you have posted some of the ridiculous things from this episode, but allow me to add a few more (even though I enjoyed much from this ep, like the pacing and the overall large scenes of panic and society breaking down):
- So the Mulder who is paranoid enough to cover the camera on his laptop not only has a "find my phone" app on his desktop, but leaves his laptop open and it HAS NO PASSWORD!?!
- Scully - all 5' nothing of her - can just shout at a bunch of looters and they all skulk away like chastised children?
- Monica Reyes is suddenly a turncoat, for "reasons that made sense to her at the time"? He couldn't have come up with something better than that? (like that she did it to keep William safe, for example?)
- I've done many DNA swabs of people before, and the instructions are to swab the mouth for 30 seconds; like all the rest of it, they simply decided to make things quicker (by a factor of 10 to 100) for the sake of TV
- Scully is the only one who can drive on the sidewalk, and only she is able to navigate around all the other stuck cars?
Things like the above are just plain bad writing and direction. Overall I've been a staunch supporter of CC, but he clearly needs someone else to rein him in and help him out.
FWIW, though, he says that he does read reviews
, so hopefully he'll accept some of the constructive criticism for the inevitable Season 11. I think this article
puts it perfectly, how he's got great ideas, but just needs to have some help at times.