XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

X Files Cold Cases

Moderators: ItsOutThere, Quest, TruthIsOutThere

X Files Cold Cases

Postby Sage97 » April 29th, 2017, 2:56 am

This is kinda funny.

Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Re: X Files Cold Cases

Postby OneShoe » April 29th, 2017, 12:52 pm

Wait, is this the thing Audible is doing? Because I was pretty excited for that, but if they are just gonna be reading the Season 10 comics that's disappointing. This sounds like a table read or something.

I do really like the Doctor Who stories that Big Finish puts out, so I've always thought something similar with The X-Files would be awesome.
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby Sage97 » April 29th, 2017, 10:17 pm

Hi OneShoe. I was hoping these are just dry runs of the Audible project. I sure hope the finished product doesn't sound like this.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby OneShoe » May 1st, 2017, 9:29 am

The X-Cast did a great interview with Joe Harris. He did say they were adapting the 25 issue run of Season 10. So that could be interesting now that I think about it. Especially if they involved more of the original actors.
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » May 12th, 2017, 3:57 pm

I went ahead and ordered the Audible after listening to the X-Cast podcast with Joe Harris. I'm looking forward to this, but I sure hope this isn't an indication of the quality. There were moments where it seemed Gillian Anderson was reading things in the most boring and unenthusiastic voice she could muster. It did sound like just a table read to get an idea of what it might sound like. Hopefully they'll have an actual director and will get much better quality for the actual recordings.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Sage97 » May 28th, 2017, 10:19 am

Hi Truth. Did you get the Audibles yet? Let us know what you think.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » December 5th, 2017, 6:29 pm

Yeah, and they're pretty cool. But very much recaps of the S10 comics. It's many, many hours long, and I've only listened to a small part of it so far.

It's fun to hear the voices of Mulder, Skully, Skinner, TLG, etc. again in an XF story.

[Sorry it took me seven months to answer this, Sage. My disappointment with the Mythology of S10 has made it so that I haven't been checking out this site very often]
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Return to X-Files General Discussion