XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Least favorite X Files episodes?

Moderators: ItsOutThere, Quest, TruthIsOutThere

Least favorite X Files episodes?

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 11th, 2010, 8:38 am

I’m just a little curious what is everyone's least favorite X Files episode or episodes?

I don’t have that many, but there are a couple that I really don’t watch.

1. X Cops – it just never seemed like an X Files to me.
2. Badlaa – didn’t like the story with the guy hiding in the fat guys behind.
3. Dod Kalm – never liked seeing Mulder and Scully with all that makeup.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Re: Least favorite X Files episodes?

Postby GillyDreamer78 » September 11th, 2010, 10:26 am

The Field where I died-it doesn't make sense, booooooooooring, don't like it at all
3-bad, bad, bad
X Cops- Like you said SA88, never seemd like X-Files
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Postby maurisap » September 11th, 2010, 9:35 pm

but I LOVE X-Cops!

Least favorite: Providence/Provenance. Those two episodes drives me insane.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby danaleigh2008 » September 12th, 2010, 2:26 am

same here mauisap.. i love x cops! Also dont mind 3 cos its vampires :D

er... my least favourite.. basically a lot from from season 8/9... wasnt the same without Mulder :?
danaleigh2008
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby GillyDreamer78 » September 12th, 2010, 8:05 am

maurisap wrote:but I LOVE X-Cops!

Least favorite: Providence/Provenance. Those two episodes drives me insane.

I'm totally the oposite. I love two episodes you mentioned but can't watch X-cops. Just shows how different we are.
GillyDreamer78

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 12th, 2010, 8:27 am

I think X Cops is an okay episode, but somehow I usually skip the episode and just move to the next one, it's not very X File -ish to me, so I don't watch it.

However Providence/Provenance is one of my favorite mythology episodes from season 9. I like the story line when an FBI agent infiltrates a UFO cult that believes Scully's baby to be an alien savior. It also has the Lone Gunmen involved and we discover that they are the only people that Scully trust with her son William. I thought it had good character development between Scully and Reyes, with the two of them really trusting each other and working as partners to locate and recover a kidnapped William. I've always felt that Scully really trusted Monica and this episode shows the excellent trust and teamwork between the two FBI Agents.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88

Postby KEZMULDER » September 12th, 2010, 2:15 pm

Space - yawn :roll:
All things - :oops:
Salvage - baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :|
Lord of the flies - the only good thing about this ep is Jane lynch from glee is in it. :P
Improbable - god awful :x
FOLLOW MY BLOG :)http://kezgeek.blogspot.com/

FACEBOOK GROUP
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 366&v=wall
KEZMULDER
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby maurisap » September 12th, 2010, 2:35 pm

We are all different, that's for sure.

My next least favorite after Providence/Provenance is Badlaa.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby Quest » September 14th, 2010, 5:08 am

Badlaa tops my list of least favorite, followed by Born Again from season 1. Just because I couldn't buy "Janice" from Friends as being a cop.

Pretty much all of season 9 would have to be my least favorite...although I really can't tell ya because I only watched three episodes from the beginning of that season and of course the Truth parts 1 and 2. Which flame me if you will, but I thought DD kinda sucked in the Truth. I thought his acting was very off and he kinda "lost" Fox Mulder in that one.

THE ANSWERS ARE THERE, YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR THEM.
Quest
Eddie Van Blundht, Plumber

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 14th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Quest brings up a very good point about season 9, it sounds like Quest hardly watches the season and it's not a favorite. This is a little off topic, but how does everyone feel about season 9 and what do you like or dislike about it?

I like season 9, but it happens to be my least favorite season. I like it because Scully and Reyes have very good chemistry, which allows Scully to finally have a female friend that she can confide in and open her pent up emotions, plus I thought they made one tough crime fighting team.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby GillyDreamer78 » September 14th, 2010, 7:29 pm

Season 9 is my least favorite season as well but i liked it anyway. I liked SCully/Reyes friendship, Reyes reminded Scully of Melissa I think. I missed Mulder, yes, but I focused on other things since he was not there. I think season 9 has some really good episodes.
Don't get me wrong but sometimes i think that some people don't want to give season 9 a chance. They heard it sucks because Mulder was not in it and so they just say it's bad. I always say that i have to see a thing for myself first and then I'll judge.
And as I said once before in another thread, the so called second generation of philes sees season 8 and 9 diffrently. They can read now that Mulder came back and everything, we the first generation didn't have that chance.
GillyDreamer78

Postby maurisap » September 14th, 2010, 7:57 pm

You bring up a good point -- Phile-Generation 2.0 seems to like season 8 and 9 better than the 1.0 gen. Heaven only knows why lol!

I try and I try to like it, but I just can't. Yes, there are good points to it. We get to see some shippy stuff. Doggett grows as a character. And honestly - I was one of the dozen people out there who hoped the seasons WOULD be successful because I didn't want X-Files to end and I would have watched it without Mulder or Scully. But there are so many things I DISlike about the two seasons that it is hard to overcome. And oddly, it isn't the episodes with Doggett or Reyes predominantly featured.

It just seemed like Scully lost herself in those seasons. Instead of a tough agent on the hunt for justice, we got sobbing Scully and way too much angst.

And Mulder-- the whole alien abduction thing made me wince. Fine--abduct him. But the pointless brutality? WHEN did any other abduction in the show result in people have their faces torn like that? Or the big rubber diaper? (OK, yes, we did see the rubber diaper in Jose Chung, but that kind of makes my point). And when Mulder returned, did viewers get what they deserved? No, we got Mulder and Scully being alienated as a couple somehow. Pointless angst again. I'm telling you, if I come back from being buried for three months, I will declare my feelings to my lover from the mountain tops!

Then don't even get me started on the Super Soldiers. That ruined the entire mythology.

And then last, the asinine decision to kill off The Lone Gunmen, as well as every villain in the series, was stupid. All these years later and I'm still making up plausible (and not so plausible) plot lines that would allow LGM and Krycek to still be alive.

But I am always willing to give 8 and 9 another chance. I mean, it's the XFiles!
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby GillyDreamer78 » September 14th, 2010, 8:06 pm

[quote="maurisap"]
It just seemed like Scully lost herself in those seasons. Instead of a tough agent on the hunt for justice, we got sobbing Scully and way too much angst.
She thought her lover was dead. I mean after so many years they finally got together and then Mulder "died". Forgive me but i would act the same as Scully but that is just me. And after all she's been through I think she was intitled to show how vulnerable she really was.
I agree with you about Mulder and Scully being astranged after Mulder returned. CC handled that really bad.
GillyDreamer78

Postby maurisap » September 14th, 2010, 8:15 pm

I know what you mean...yes, if my lover was dead I would bawl my eyes out!

And I would have been outraged if the writers hadn't portrayed grief from scully. I think what bothers me though is that it was angst that didn't produce anything. That scene when Scully is clutching Mulder's pillow and crying? That is gut-wrenching. I cry everytime I see it. But that should have been a private moment and instead Doggett is there, for NO purpose whatsoever.

It's like the writers were just a little off in their characterization. I can't explain it. I'll think on it some more and write in a bit.
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby muldersalias » September 14th, 2010, 8:21 pm

william, hands down, is my least favorite episode.

the last two seasons are my least favorite- from emo!scully with disappeared!mulder, and i feel like everyone was burnt out by that time. the freshness of robert patrick and annabeth gish wasn't enough to salvage it. so i generally think of those two seasons as separate from the true x-files. as bad as that sounds.

so, pre that whole mess, my least favorite would have to be space (oh, bless it though. it was like episode 8 since EVER and it's just so boring). i also don't really care for shapes, i believe. and, as much as i ADORE skinner, i never got into avatar (lol much like i never liked the movie with the same name).

edit: i think i need to use the term "least favorite" MORE. :!:
Last edited by muldersalias on September 14th, 2010, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
look to the stars
let hope burn in your eyes
and we'll love, and we'll hate, and we'll die
all to no avail, all to no avail
-muse
muldersalias
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby GillyDreamer78 » September 14th, 2010, 8:21 pm

maurisap wrote:I know what you mean...yes, if my lover was dead I would bawl my eyes out!

And I would have been outraged if the writers hadn't portrayed grief from scully. I think what bothers me though is that it was angst that didn't produce anything. That scene when Scully is clutching Mulder's pillow and crying? That is gut-wrenching. I cry everytime I see it. But that should have been a private moment and instead Doggett is there, for NO purpose whatsoever.

It's like the writers were just a little off in their characterization. I can't explain it. I'll think on it some more and write in a bit.

No no, I know what you mean. It pissed me off that Doggett was there too. I mean damn CC and co, if you give us a love story, do it properly.
GillyDreamer78

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 15th, 2010, 8:22 am

Wow, maurisap that’s a pretty long post, but I guess there is a lot to say about season 9. I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and Scully is different in season 9. I wish she would have stayed a tough agent on the hunt for justice, but, I still liked Scully either way. She was still pretty tough and I liked her emotional ups and downs. Maybe Scully cried a little too much, but I understood some of the reasons, I mean Mulder her lover was missing, she’s a single mom and she’s not sure about the status of William. That’s a lot of things to worry about.

Now what really gets me is CC allowing the killing off of the Lone Gunmen, I’m still having an issue with that one, because they are my favourite characters after Mulder and Scully.

Let’s give season 9 another chance, to me it’s a very good season.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 15th, 2010, 8:32 am

If the X Files had season 10 with Doggett and Reyes, I would have given the show a chance and continued to watch.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby GillyDreamer78 » September 15th, 2010, 8:35 am

SpecialAgent88 wrote:If the X Files had season 10 with Doggett and Reyes, I would have given the show a chance and continued to watch.

I'm gonna be honest here. I wouldn't have. Without Mulder and Scully it's just not "The X-files" anymore.
GillyDreamer78

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 15th, 2010, 11:20 am

Average weekly viewers by season in thousands:
Season one - 7,100
Season two - 9,700
Season three - 16,400
Season four - 19,200
Season five - 19,800
Season six - 17,200
Season seven - 14,200
Season eight - 13,600
Season nine - 8,800

Here are weekly average viewers by season, if you take a look at season nine; it’s still better than season 1 and almost as good as season 2. Season 9 had close to 9 million weekly viewers, which is a very good audience today. However, CC did say that starting with Nothing Important Happened Today, the audience was lost and the show was never able to recover.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby DkSMoTMaEs » September 15th, 2010, 3:28 pm

1. Fight club
2."3"
3.Teso dos Bichos
4.max
DkSMoTMaEs
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Least Fave Episode

Postby ReynardMuldrake » March 3rd, 2011, 12:37 pm

Hi this has probably already been posted or discussed but what is your least fave episode?

so far I dont Like Jose Chung and

F. Emasculata (only because the bursting boils are icky lol but apart from that its a great episode)
ReynardMuldrake

Re: Least Fave Episode

Postby Salome » March 3rd, 2011, 4:01 pm

Oh, that's easy. The Field Where I Died. What a laborious hour of television that was. idont]
Salome
Darin Oswald, Electricity

Postby SpecialAgent88 » March 3rd, 2011, 7:55 pm

Død Kalm, never liked to see Mulder and Scully with all that makeup on.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby GillyDreamer78 » March 3rd, 2011, 8:00 pm

"The Field where I died" and "3". Those two were just horrible!
GillyDreamer78

Postby CSM_Clone » March 4th, 2011, 3:20 am

'The Field Where I Died' for sure.
Thought it was just me :?
CSM_Clone
Eddie Van Blundht, Plumber

Postby Tucker » March 4th, 2011, 5:00 am

The field where I died is really not a fan fave, and I have to agree. Really don't dig that episode. Was a mission to watch all of it.
Tucker
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby JeSouhaite » March 4th, 2011, 10:53 am

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of TFWID, either.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby Eugene Victor Tooms » March 5th, 2011, 12:17 pm

Definitely, for me,

- Space
- Alpha
- Teso Dos Bichos

Real booooooring episodes !
Eugene Victor Tooms

Postby Agent Skulder » March 5th, 2011, 7:00 pm

My top 2:

S P A C E (imagine screaming)
The Field Where I Died (and nearly lost my sh*t trying to follow the plot.)
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby ReynardMuldrake » March 5th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Hi mayb im random but i didnt think 'The field where I died' was all that bad, i think the underlining theme of that episode is that Mulder & Scully are destined to be together if not in this life some other life, as their souls are continuously brought together in some form or another, and Mulder is clearly linked with that field in his past life, we actually hear two very different past lifes of Mulder and Scully is in them in some guise.

RM
ReynardMuldrake

Postby steffinfection » March 5th, 2011, 9:14 pm

I'd say so far the only episode I didn't like was fire I did not like the phoebe character she totally ruined the episode. After viewing all the post I might have to watch out for this episode titled the field where I died ;)

Agent Skulder wrote:The Field Where I Died (and nearly lost my sh*t trying to follow the plot.)

Agent skulder that statement made me :lol
Why, if we were all wiener dogs, our problems would be solved.
steffinfection
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby Agent Skulder » March 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm

ReynardMuldrake wrote:Hi mayb im random but i didnt think 'The field where I died' was all that bad....RM

Something interesting I've found is that some eps that were just tough to get thru some nights were just fine or great other nights several weeks / months later. (Unfortunately - for me, at times the reverse also held true.)

So I'll probably give this another shot in a few months... My last viewing was around 2007, 3 tries in all. Suggestion for first time viewers - plan to concentrate when watching this and leave the "laundry" for later. That plus not having commercial interruptions may give you an entirely different experience.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby ReynardMuldrake » March 31st, 2011, 8:00 pm

I dont understand why they keep trying to do goofy episode's i dont find them that funny they just seem a little silly to me and season filler, am I missing something...? lol

RM
ReynardMuldrake

Postby SpecialAgent88 » March 31st, 2011, 8:03 pm

What goofy episodes are you referring too RM?
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby GillyDreamer78 » April 1st, 2011, 7:35 am

I think goofy (funny) episodes are great, especially in the season 7 because they balanced the season somehow.
GillyDreamer78

Postby Agent Skulder » April 1st, 2011, 10:31 am

ReynardMuldrake wrote:I dont understand why they keep trying to do goofy episode's i dont find them that funny they just seem a little silly to me and season filler, am I missing something...? lol

RM

This is probably me being dense - but which goofy / funny eps do you mean???
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Eugene Victor Tooms » April 1st, 2011, 6:13 pm

I loved the "goofy episodes" as you guys say, because they are really well made and that shows how good authors/directors/producers are at switching styles !
Eugene Victor Tooms

Postby SpecialAgent88 » April 1st, 2011, 6:40 pm

I didn't care for the following episodes in season 8.

1. Patience
2. Redrum
3. Via Negativa
4. Surekill
5. Salvage
6. Badlaa
7. The Gift
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby ReynardMuldrake » April 1st, 2011, 7:14 pm

Im talking about episode's that have poor acting and poor storyline's and are only made for comedic effect i cant see the point in them, i really cant, i mean ok there is one or two id say ok they pass because they are midly entertaining for example 'Humbug but why have 'Hollywood AD and others i mean its just daft to me i dont seem to get the idea of them 'Jose chung as well i feel like mayb theres an in-joke somewhere and im missing out mayb by the time iv watched and re-watched the entire XFS then mayb il see the bigger picture but as for now i dont see how they fit as episodes.

RM
ReynardMuldrake

Next

Return to X-Files General Discussion