XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

What episode did you watch last?

Moderators: ItsOutThere, Quest, TruthIsOutThere

Re: What episode did you watch last?

Postby OneShoe » June 28th, 2015, 9:45 pm

Hungry - I do like this episode, but the most ridiculous thing about it is that Rob Roberts was able to eavesdrop on Mulder and Scully using the drive-thru mic and speaker. lol
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » June 29th, 2015, 1:01 pm

Yesterday my daughter and I watched "S.R. 819". I'd forgotten how great this episode is, and the music was outstanding!
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby joss_doggett » June 29th, 2015, 1:29 pm

I loooove SR819: it's Matheson's return and I remember the 1st time I watched it I'd immediately recognized hobo bearded Krycek torturing Skinner.
AWESOME episode!

When my sons grow up I hope they'll like watching XF with their old daddy :-) :-)
Monica Reyes: Mmm. I'm back in Gdansk. Let me get some plates.
John Doggett: Plates? For crying out loud... who eats Polish sausage with plates?
joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby ScullyIsMyAunt » July 1st, 2015, 7:38 am

Biogenesis. I didn't get to finish it though. :P I have to watch it from the half way point tonight. DAMN IT!
ScullyIsMyAunt
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 4th, 2015, 5:26 pm

"Fallen Angel". I've got another young person (practically another kid of mine, as he lives with us about half the week) now binge-watching the show! :)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby CurleanBlue » July 6th, 2015, 10:33 pm

Orison. Scott Wilson from Walking Dead! Up to my least favourite season.
CurleanBlue
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 7th, 2015, 11:03 am

Ooh! I didn't realize Scott Wilson was in one! I should be coming up on "Orison" soon in my rewatch with my daughter. Looking forward to seeing that one again.

Last night we watched "E.B.E.". First instance of the Lone Gunmen, and such a good episode overall! lang] byers] fro]
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby joss_doggett » July 9th, 2015, 4:00 am

Isn't EBE the one where Frohike says Scully's 'hot' ? :-)
John Doggett: Plates? For crying out loud... who eats Polish sausage with plates?
joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 9th, 2015, 1:10 pm

It sure is, joss!

And I love line later on, when Scully complains to Mulder that that was the most paranoid group of people she'd ever met, and how she "doesn't know how you could think that what they say is even remotely plausible."

MULDER: I think it’s remotely plausible that someone might think you’re hot.

I also love it when Mulder tells Langly repeatedly to turn off the recording device, but Langly never does. lol lang]
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby LittleStarbuck » July 9th, 2015, 4:25 pm

I watched 'How the Ghosts Stole Christmas' and I never realised how funny it was before :-) Especially Scully's reactions to the ghosts! The ending was precious as well. I'd love to know what it was they bought each other for christmas...?
LittleStarbuck
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby CurleanBlue » July 9th, 2015, 9:33 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:Ooh! I didn't realize Scott Wilson was in one! I should be coming up on "Orison" soon in my rewatch with my daughter. Looking forward to seeing that one again.

Last night we watched "E.B.E.". First instance of the Lone Gunmen, and such a good episode overall! lang] byers] fro]

As a huge Walking Dead fan I knew either and saw the credits " Special Guest Star Scott Wilson." he had special guest status too. :P

Watched The Amazing Maleeni, Sein und Zeit and Closure. I always skip Signs & Wonders because I'm not really a fan of heavy religious themed MOTW episodes. And snakes .
CurleanBlue
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby joss_doggett » July 10th, 2015, 3:11 pm

As a big WALKING DEAD fan I would never EVER have realized both Scott Wilsons were the one and the same!

Currently hesitating to watch THE WALK or 2SHY (season 3) :-)
joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 10th, 2015, 9:54 pm

We just watched "Tithonus". I didn't remember that Vince Gilligan wrote this one! You even hear Mulder say the name "Ehrmantrout" (when doing background checks), a name he later used for one of the main characters in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby joss_doggett » July 11th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Tithonus is one heck of a good episode: the whole photography paradigm was very well crafted.

Tonight I watched my ALL TIME FAVORITE X-FILES EPISODE: DEEP THROAT :-) :-)

Have you ever asked yourselves which episode was your favorite? That if you actually HAD TO choose one episode which one it'd be?

It took me years and years after Season 9 to answer that question but I think this one has it all: Snow's music when Mulder gets over the fence and crosses the forbidden airbase, Scully's smile every time she thinks Mulder is such a 'sucker', Jerry Hardin's 1st appearance and his unforgettable lines like 'They've been here for a long long time', the conspiracy, the brainwashing, the UFO tiny teeny little lights in the the sky, the Seth Green duo.
To me this one has it ALL.

My 5 and a 1/2 year old eldest son insisted on watching it with his mom and dad tonight and geez was it a treat! We watched it in English so he had a little trouble understanding all the lines but I was here to answer his dozens of questions (!) and he was sooo looking forward to seeing Mulder actually come face to face with the military UFO.

An unforgettable night. I'll convince his mom to have him watch CONDUIT with us, SQUEEZE being too violent for a boy his age imo.
joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 11th, 2015, 10:49 pm

Good job introducing the kids to the show, joss!

Today I watched "Sleepless" (with our family friend who is binge watching the show), then me and my daughter continued on our rewatch, enjoying the end of the Syndicate in "Two Fathers" and "One Son".
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby joss_doggett » July 12th, 2015, 1:23 pm

SLEEPLESS!! 1st appearance of Krycek !

2 FATHERS / ONE SON: the end of Jeffrey! The end of the Syndicate! The end of an era !! AWESOME
joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Sage97 » July 12th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Watched Agua Mala yesterday. I remember not liking it the first time but I picked up Mulder's humor that I never noticed before and he's pretty danged funny. Funny how you see and hear things differently the second time around.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby joss_doggett » July 13th, 2015, 6:06 am

Well I was so flabbergasted by TWO FATHERS / ONE SON (it looked like the show was over) that I couldn't stand watching AGUA MALA right after as if nothing'd happened. I should watch it a 2nd time around though :-)
joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 13th, 2015, 1:18 pm

Looks like we've just about caught up with you, Sage (as "Agua Mala" will be our next one). I always thought it was a pretty decent episode, though I agree with joss that they should have at least made mention of the major events of "Two Fathers"/"One Son", being as that two-parter had such a significant impact on their world.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby DPO » July 13th, 2015, 3:29 pm

Last night I watched 3. I didn't like this episode the first time I saw it but I thought I would give it another chance. I still don't like it. The whole episode is just ridiculous and didn't make any sense. Mulder wearing Scully's cross necklace was so cute though!
DPO
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby TruthInMe » July 13th, 2015, 7:12 pm

I am currently watching Jersey Devil to get caught up with the 201 Days promo and will be watching Shadows and Ghost in the Machine. In addition to this, I am doing a binge rewatch (2 or more episodes at a time). Just finished Our Town last night, and will be watching the Anasazi/Blessing Way/Paper Clip arc tonight. skinner]
TruthInMe
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby joss_doggett » July 15th, 2015, 2:42 pm

I watched CONDUIT with my wife and my eldest son: this is my son's 3rd X-Files! I cover his eyes when someone shows up dead and my wife yells at me for making me show him this series. But I think CONDUIT is one of the least violent episodes of the season.

The most amazing thing is that I must've seen CONDUIT for the 7th or 8th time but for the 1st time EVER I cried!

I think I hadn't seen this episode since I became a dad 5 years ago and seeing the little boy missing his sister, a metaphor for Mulder's own quest for his sister's disappearance made me cry both because I'm a dad and I have two sons.
Again, amazing how rewatching the show can trigger so many different emotions.
joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 17th, 2015, 12:48 pm

Last night we watched "Agua Mala", and I really enjoyed it.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby DPO » July 18th, 2015, 4:46 pm

I watched Quagmire the other day. I love this episode but it always makes me sad when Queequeg dies :(
DPO
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby joss_doggett » July 18th, 2015, 5:19 pm

Don't be sad! I'm sure CC has a trick up his sleeve to make Queequeg come back in the 2016 revival ;-)
joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby OneShoe » July 18th, 2015, 11:03 pm

Today I watched "Ice" and "Space" with my mom and sister. We are behind on the 201 Days of X-Files rewatch thingy, which is totally my sister's fault because apparently she has a life and I don't.

Anyway, while I love "Ice", I am clueless to how the whole parasite thing works. If there can only be one in each body, how is it that they happen to draw the one drop of blood that has the larva in it? Or if there are many larvae, how does there end up only being one worm? Also, the larvae look like cartoon fish skeletons.

"Space" - I still don't get why people think this episode is boring? Or do people just think it's bad? Anyway, I definitely think they must have improved the effects some.
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby joss_doggett » July 19th, 2015, 7:40 am

These FX have improved indeed! Germany aired Seasons 1 and more in HD!
I love ICE! It has this Carpenter's THING vibe in it!
joss_doggett
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby ScullyIsMyAunt » July 19th, 2015, 3:09 pm

Just watched "Millenium"
Love that smoocheroo at the end
Gotta say, that was a unique way to briing zombies into the show.
ScullyIsMyAunt
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby ItsOutThere » July 23rd, 2015, 8:10 pm

ScullyIsMyAunt wrote:Just watched "Millenium". Love that smoocheroo at the end. Gotta say, that was a unique way to briing zombies into the show.

Millenium is one of my favourite episodes that stuck with me over the years. The little prayer / chant that is said is concreted into my brain in a way. Its the first of two significant zombie-esc episodes (I count Hollywood AD) and I love how they were able to pull it off in a Walking Dead somewhat-believable sense :)

TODAY I WATCHED....
1) Nothing Important Happened Today
2) Nothing Important Happened Today II

I haven't actually seen season 9 before so made a promise to OneShoe that I would do at least 10 episodes over the next month so that I can see what all this fuss about Reyes and Doggett is about haha..
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 24th, 2015, 10:48 am

Curious what you thought about them, ItsOutThere?
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby OneShoe » July 26th, 2015, 8:25 pm

Yesterday, we made it through "Miracle Man".
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby LittleStarbuck » July 27th, 2015, 7:54 am

I watched Existence last night and I have decided that it's officially my favourite episode. It's just so beautiful; the lighting, the music, Scully. It's just stunning. And the ending with Mulder, Scully and William finally being a family (and the kiss) is just perfect. I really wish it had ended there.
LittleStarbuck
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby Agent Spooky » July 27th, 2015, 1:28 pm

LittleStarbuck wrote:I watched Existence last night and I have decided that it's officially my favourite episode. It's just so beautiful; the lighting, the music, Scully. It's just stunning. And the ending with Mulder, Scully and William finally being a family (and the kiss) is just perfect. I really wish it had ended there.

Definitely! That episode was so bittersweet :).

Just watched part of Squeeze. I think I saw it before. And I recognized Donal Logue from Law and Order: SVU on it as Scully's date/friend, Tom Colton. Man he looked like a kid there! :lol:
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 28th, 2015, 5:07 am

I don't even remember seeing Logue on SVU before. He plays a fun character on "Gotham" and was one of the two stars on a great show called "Terriers" a few years ago.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby barchick » July 30th, 2015, 12:30 pm

I watched All Things and En Ami.... still trying to figure out when the sex began. I dunno... watching Theef last week I was convinced it was on at that point.

:?
barchick
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 30th, 2015, 7:06 pm

Today we watched "Monday"; I'd forgotten Vince Gilligan was a co-writer on this excellent episode!
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby barchick » July 31st, 2015, 3:32 am

I watched Fresh Bones and Die Hand Die Verletz last night.
barchick
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby TruthIsOutThere » August 4th, 2015, 1:28 pm

Two days ago we watched "Arcardia" and "Alpha".
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby thetruthisoutthere91 » August 5th, 2015, 12:56 am

I watched Duane Barry, Ascension, 3, and One Breath.

I forgot how good the Scully abduction trilogy episodes were. Ascension is gripping, and shocking.

And wow I hadn't seen One Breath in a while and it blew me away. The writing, the emotion, it's truly one of the best X Files episodes.

I'm going through my 2nd rewatch to prepare for January.
thetruthisoutthere91
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby TruthIsOutThere » August 5th, 2015, 10:40 pm

Welcome, thetruthisoutthere91!
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

PreviousNext

Return to X-Files General Discussion