XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

What episode did you watch last?

Moderators: ItsOutThere, Quest, TruthIsOutThere

Re: What episode did you watch last?

Postby AJBlack » October 23rd, 2015, 4:35 am

I've slowly started trying to get my girlfriend into the show and last week we watched 'Deep Throat'. She's not hooked yet but we all know that'll change by 'Duane Barry' :)
AJBlack
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby lostinlove » October 24th, 2015, 8:19 am

Duane Barry, great episode! Last night I watched Miracle Man, recorded from H2 a couple of weeks back, good episode, Mulder's sister subject popped up again, and Scully very protective of him. H2 not showing episodes nightly at present just on some weekend nights late, but they tend to repeat the same ones, so perhaps have not got permission to show others.
I owe you everything, you owe me nothing
lostinlove
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby TruthIsOutThere » October 29th, 2015, 12:06 pm

Last night we watched "The Goldberg Variation"; it was fun to show my kids a very young Shia LaBeouf, and we were surprised to spot Ranjit from How I Met Your Mother in the opening poker scene as well.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby TruthIsOutThere » October 31st, 2015, 8:00 pm

Today we watched "Orison". It was cool to see Scott Wilson (who played the title character) from "The Walking Dead", an actor my daughter has met. I think I'd heard he was on the show, but didn't realize he'd played such a pivotal character.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Sage97 » November 2nd, 2015, 9:37 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:Today we watched "Orison". It was cool to see Scott Wilson (who played the title character) from "The Walking Dead", an actor my daughter has met. I think I'd heard he was on the show, but didn't realize he'd played such a pivotal character.

That's the last one I watched. We're caught up again Truth.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » November 3rd, 2015, 12:26 am

Sweet. I'm hoping we can pick up the pace some, if my daughter hopes to have seen them all by the time the mini-series debuts (which is only a little over two months away!)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby syzygy620 » November 3rd, 2015, 5:15 pm

Last night I watched "Monday." Solid episode, and a great performance by Carrie Hamilton (Carol Burnett's late daughter).
syzygy620
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby TruthIsOutThere » November 4th, 2015, 11:40 am

It is a great episode. I didn't realize that was Carol Burnett's daughter (nor that she passed away), but I can see the resemblance!

Last night we watched "The Amazing Maleeni" (another good one!)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Andrew80 » November 12th, 2015, 6:52 am

Red Museum. Very good and underrated episode. I especially liked the mix of mythology and MotW-the fact that kind of thing will probably be used in the reboot makes the episode even more relevant.
Andrew80
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby TruthIsOutThere » November 15th, 2015, 8:04 pm

Today we watched "Signs and Wonders".
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Sage97 » November 17th, 2015, 6:47 am

TruthIsOutThere wrote:Today we watched "Signs and Wonders".

Hey Truth. I think I'm two eps ahead of you now. Can't remember exactly which one though.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » November 18th, 2015, 1:46 am

Hey Sage,

Our next two are "Sein un Zeit" and "Closure". I thought we were going to watch one tonight (using a laptop; our power is out right now), but she wanted to do something else.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby TruthIsOutThere » November 19th, 2015, 12:28 am

We're catching up, Sage! Tonight we watched "Sein Und Zeit" (I think I spelled it right this time). I just looked it up, and it means "Being and Time". I've probably seen that before, but didn't remember it.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Andrew80 » November 21st, 2015, 4:12 am

TruthIsOutThere wrote:We're catching up, Sage! Tonight we watched "Sein Und Zeit" (I think I spelled it right this time). I just looked it up, and it means "Being and Time". I've probably seen that before, but didn't remember it.

Sein und Zeit (Being and Time) is a famous book by Martin Heidegger, German philosopher.
Andrew80
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby Sage97 » November 21st, 2015, 8:38 am

TruthIsOutThere wrote:We're catching up, Sage! Tonight we watched "Sein Und Zeit" (I think I spelled it right this time). I just looked it up, and it means "Being and Time". I've probably seen that before, but didn't remember it.

Excellent. I'm really digging Hell on Wheels right now (Exec producer John Shiban - these XF are all over the map) so I bet you'll catch up real soon.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » November 21st, 2015, 5:10 pm

For awhile at least John Shiban was the showrunner for Hell on Wheels, but he left that position years ago (not sure why).
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Sage97 » November 22nd, 2015, 1:14 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:For awhile at least John Shiban was the showrunner for Hell on Wheels, but he left that position years ago (not sure why).

You're right. I'm in the middle of Season 4 and noticed Anson Mount is now the producer. I wonder if that has anything to do with anything.

Anyway, I just saw the saddest episode in the entire series so far.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » December 6th, 2015, 4:04 am

Tonight we watched "Closure" and "X-COPS", both good ones.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Sage97 » December 6th, 2015, 10:01 am

TruthIsOutThere wrote:Tonight we watched "Closure" and "X-COPS", both good ones.

Really enjoyed XCops
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » December 7th, 2015, 12:34 am

Sage97 wrote:
TruthIsOutThere wrote:Tonight we watched "Closure" and "X-COPS", both good ones.

Really enjoyed XCops

Steve and Edie crack me up, especially Edie when she peacocks for her "close up".c :-)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Sage97 » December 7th, 2015, 6:43 am

TruthIsOutThere wrote:
Sage97 wrote:

Really enjoyed XCops

Steve and Edie crack me up, especially Edie when she peacocks for her "close up".c :-)

Haha. And Mulder's reaction when he sees the police sketch of the suspect, Scully hiding from the cameras. Fun episode.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » December 10th, 2015, 2:32 pm

My favourite reaction is when Scully realises shes on camera and tries to hide behind the car door. That or Mulder swearing hehe….
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby TruthIsOutThere » December 11th, 2015, 4:17 am

Yeah, those are all great moments from that one.

Last night we watched "First Person Shooter", then we got about 10 minutes into "Theef" before my daughter was just about falling asleep (she later finished watching it herself). Then tonight we watched "En Ami", which is another really good one (William B. Davis did an outstanding job writing that one, though I have my questions about the plot in a few places).

It occurred to me as we were watching these ones that they did five episodes in a row that all took place in California!

"Sein Und Zeit" and "Closure" were around Sacramento.
"X-Cops" was in L.A. County
"First Person Shooter" was in Silicon Valley
"Theef" was in the Bay Area

I mean, I know they moved the show to Cali, but that's a little ridiculous!
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Sage97 » December 11th, 2015, 6:51 am

We got caught up again Truth. I just finished Theef and plan on watching a couple this weekend.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » December 11th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Sage97 wrote:We got caught up again Truth. I just finished Theef and plan on watching a couple this weekend.

That's awesome! My daughter is pushing ahead, in hopes that she'll be caught up for S10. Today we watched "Chimaera" and "all things" (I had the day off from work).
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Sage97 » December 13th, 2015, 12:47 pm

We should be watching that Christmas Ghost episode soon.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » December 13th, 2015, 8:04 pm

Sage97 wrote:We should be watching that Christmas Ghost episode soon.

That one's from S6, but I think we cheated and watched it out of order (my daughter's friend was in a mood to watch something Christmasy).

A couple of nights ago I couldn't sleep, so I watched the rest of "Theef" (we'd cut off after 10 minutes or so, and my daughter had finished it off on her own).

Then yesterday, when we lost power, we used my laptop to start "Brand X", but again only got about 10 minutes in before my daughter couldn't keep her eyes open and I shut it off for later. :(
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby TruthIsOutThere » December 26th, 2015, 4:34 am

My daughter's going to start watching more episodes on her own, as our schedules don't match up enough for us to watch them together often enough (if she is to get done before S10, which is now only a month away! :-o ).

So she finished off "Brand X" (I'd watched it just a year or two ago myself), then watched "Hollywood A.D." and "Fight Club" (which I detest), and then I had her wait, as I love the next one:

We finished off an awesome Christmas Day by watching "Je Souhaite", which I just never get tired of. 8-)

I've told her to plug along on her own now, even though I really love S8 (and don't think it has any bad episodes).
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Sage97 » December 28th, 2015, 7:36 pm

You're way ahead of me now Truth. I need to catch up.

I watched En Ami today and if it weren't for Scully in a little black dress, this one was a sleeper. I'll try to finish and get rest for S10 which starts in less than 30 days.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » January 3rd, 2016, 2:18 am

I actually like "En Ami" a lot. Very much love that little black dress, too! :)

Early this morning (I couldn't sleep) and tonight I watched "Requiem". I always forget how much I love this one! It's so cool how they bring back so many old characters from the Pilot! 8-)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby TruthIsOutThere » January 9th, 2016, 3:10 am

I hate to skip any episodes in S8, as I still love that season, but we're getting pressed for time (just over two weeks away!), and so I'm letting my daughter plug along and watch some without me. She polished off 8x01, 8x02, and 8x03, and together tonight we watched "Roadrunners". It's so excellently creepy and horrific, it's definitely in my Top 10 XF off all-time, even though my favorite character isn't in it!

I just think it's an absolutely brilliant episode! :sun
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby TruthIsOutThere » January 18th, 2016, 2:56 am

My daughter is plugging along (though I don't think there's any chance she'll finish in one week). She said she got emotional watching "Per Manum" while I had company today.

A few nights ago, we watched "Via Negativa" together.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Sage97 » January 19th, 2016, 9:02 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:My daughter is plugging along (though I don't think there's any chance she'll finish in one week). She said she got emotional watching "Per Manum" while I had company today.

A few nights ago, we watched "Via Negativa" together.

This Is Not Happening is also very sad with screaming in agony. Good thing DeadAlive was much happier.

I just watched Vienen. I liked the tension between Mulder and Doggett.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » January 22nd, 2016, 1:11 pm

Yeah, I like that Mulder/Doggett episode.

I caught a bunch of "Three Words" as my daughter was watching it a few days ago, but I've let her move ahead on her own (so she can try to get caught up).

I'm thinking of watching the 'Strands of the Mythology' four parts this weekend, in prep for the new episodes!
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby barchick » January 25th, 2016, 4:47 pm

Last episode I watched was The Beginning... I'd just watched My Struggle and to be honest, needed a bit of a boost and to remember why I actually liked the show before.
barchick
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby TruthIsOutThere » January 26th, 2016, 6:54 pm

Well, I liked "My Struggle" (though I might end up hating it if the new Mythology completely retcons the old and they actually stick with that as truth).

So obviously (as is probably true for most here) I last watched "My Struggle" and "Founder's Mutation".

Before that I watched "The Truth" with my daughter, on Sunday before S10 began. She came really close to finishing her series watch with a mad few days of cramming, but she ended up getting called into work on Sunday, which put her behind the 8 ball. She was half way through something like "Scary Monsters" when I told her to stop, watch "William" and then the finale. I had to spoil things for her by telling her the Lone Gunmen were dead. :-o fro] lang] byers]
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Sage97 » January 26th, 2016, 10:28 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:Well, I liked "My Struggle" (though I might end up hating it if the new Mythology completely retcons the old and they actually stick with that as truth).

So obviously (as is probably true for most here) I last watched "My Struggle" and "Founder's Mutation".

Before that I watched "The Truth" with my daughter, on Sunday before S10 began. She came really close to finishing her series watch with a mad few days of cramming, but she ended up getting called into work on Sunday, which put her behind the 8 ball. She was half way through something like "Scary Monsters" when I told her to stop, watch "William" and then the finale. I had to spoil things for her by telling her the Lone Gunmen were dead. :-o fro] lang] byers]

I actually like My Struggle better than Founders Mutation. Overall though, the show appears rushed. With 6 season, what do we expect. I do hope the rest of the eps will be just as great as our favorites.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » February 1st, 2016, 6:27 pm

I liked it better than FM too, Sage. I think tonight's episode will be the best of the lot. I'm just really hoping E6 will show us that lots of E1 was lies and more red herrings.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby lostinlove » February 6th, 2016, 10:34 am

X Cops last night and 5* are 're running the Essentials from 8 tomorrow, renaming then the Best ones this time, don't know whether we'll get the rest the following weekend. Not long until we see the new ones, fellow British Philes!
I owe you everything, you owe me nothing
lostinlove
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby Sage97 » February 6th, 2016, 12:08 pm

I've decided to end my official rewatch with Existence, the last ep in S8. I may watch a couple of Dogged eps in S9 but that's about it. In the future, I may start back with the pilot ep and who knows I may change my mind with S9 but I'm good with ending things with Existence and the rest of S10.
Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

PreviousNext

Return to X-Files General Discussion