XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

What episode did you watch last?

Moderators: ItsOutThere, Quest, TruthIsOutThere

Re: What episode did you watch last?

Postby TruthIsOutThere » February 21st, 2016, 6:24 pm

I just watched "M&S Meet the Were-Monster" a second time (with my oldest daughter, who hadn't seen it yet). It was still brilliant; I was able to catch lots that I'd missed the first time!
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby ItsOutThere » March 3rd, 2016, 2:56 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:I just watched "M&S Meet the Were-Monster" a second time (with my oldest daughter, who hadn't seen it yet). It was still brilliant; I was able to catch lots that I'd missed the first time!

Just letting you know that aside from the director of the show I am working on, nobody in New Zealand has an accent / sounds like Rhys Darby... Just so you weren't picturing me with that accent haha.

The last episode that I watched was "Babylon" (season 10, episode 5).
I really enjoyed the episode; in fact I would have preferred if the previous two episodes were more like it. Don't get me wrong I love monster of the week episodes, but when there are only 6 episodes to "reboot" the series, chucking two in the middle just takes away from the amount of time spent explaining things or advancing the story line. The Were-Monster episode didn't do too well over here because many people are annoyed profusely by Rhys, and the concept of a were-human man lizard was a little bit too 'far-fetched' even for X-files. When you look back at it, most MOTW episodes could be explained as both paranormal and scientific; yet I don't think there is anyone who could prove a human sized lizard could become a human.
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby foxandrat » June 2nd, 2017, 12:38 pm

I watched "The Unnatural" on its 18th "birthday" (25 April 2017). That episode is still my favorite episode of the series, even after all these years.
www.foxandrat-xfiles.com

"Fox & Rat" Virtual Series Season 11 Premiere is Saturday, 2 September 2017
foxandrat
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Previous

Return to X-Files General Discussion