XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

What is your favorite scene?

What is your favorite scene?

Postby AgentDana » March 3rd, 2012, 9:29 am

This is the first topic I have posted on the XFU Forum.
I would really like to know what was your favorite scene from the movie.
MULDER: You... were my friend, and you told me the truth. Even when the world was falling apart, you were my constant... my touchstone.

SCULLY: And you are mine.
AgentDana
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Re: What is your favorite scene?

Postby lostinlove » June 21st, 2012, 10:53 am

Favourite scene was where Mulder was giving Scully mouth to mouth, and she opens her eyes and said "I had you big time" hug]
I owe you everything, you owe me nothing
lostinlove
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby AgentDana » June 21st, 2012, 3:31 pm

I loved that scene too! But my favorite one was the one on the hallway,of the near kiss and the whole part when Mulder told Scully that he can't go on without her.
MULDER: You... were my friend, and you told me the truth. Even when the world was falling apart, you were my constant... my touchstone.

AgentDana

Postby TruthIsOutThere » June 21st, 2012, 5:17 pm

Mine is the explosion of the building. I don't usually like explosions in movies, but that one was incredible, putting our two favorite agents in serious danger! :dwc
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby AgentDana » June 21st, 2012, 6:39 pm

The explosion scene was also a very good one.I usually like explosions in movies,it makes them a lot more interesting.

AgentDana

Postby SpecialAgent88 » June 22nd, 2012, 8:24 am

My favorite scene is when the spaceship takes off after being stuck in the snow with Mulder seeing the spaceship, but Scully is too exhausted to look up to see it. This reminds me of the many times in season 1 where Scully just misses seeing something paranormal because she either gets hit by the butt of a rifle or her seat belt gets stuck and she misses it.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby AgentDana » June 22nd, 2012, 3:38 pm

SpecialAgent88 wrote:Image

My favorite scene is when the spaceship takes off after being stuck in the snow with Mulder seeing the spaceship, but Scully is too exhausted to look up to see it. This reminds me of the many times in season 1 where Scully just misses seeing something paranormal because she either gets hit by the butt of a rifle or her seat belt gets stuck and she misses it.

This was a good scene.What I never understood from the movie is how did Mulder and Scully get back in Washington.It always happened that Scully was either stuck somewhere or kicked that she lost all the paranormal proves.But still,there is a moment (that I remember now) in the first season when she did witnessed a paranormal event.In "Born Again" when that girl has the killed man soul inside her.

AgentDana

Postby SpecialAgent88 » June 23rd, 2012, 7:24 am

AgentDana, that has always been an open question for me too, how did Mulder and Scully return from Antarctica? Well there could be hundreds of theories, but I think CSM picked up both Mulder and Scully in his snowcat and brought them back to Washington.

Yes, in the episode Born Again when Scully sees the little girl with her physic ability, Scully starts to see for the first time that there are things paranormal in the world.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88

Postby AgentDana » June 23rd, 2012, 8:02 am

Your theory is a good one,SpecialAgent88 but if CSM wanted to kill Scully by keeping her in that freezer,why would he save them both from dying in Antartica?One of the versions I think about is that TLG found Mulder's phone in Antartica and followed it on the GPS then they gave the informations to Skinner and he went there to pick them up and bring them back to Washington.

But still,even if she saw that paranormal activity in front of her,she remained a skeptic.

AgentDana

Postby SpecialAgent88 » June 23rd, 2012, 8:15 am

I've never thought that CSM had ever intended to kill Scully, he was keeping her frozen because Mulder was such a threat to the conspiracy and this was a way of slowing him down. My theory has always been that CSM knew that the secret to stopping the Alien invasion was to produce a miracle child (William) and that the parents had to be Mulder and Scully because of their DNA. So, my theory has always been that CSM will protect Mulder and Scully and will never harm them. William is important to the X Files mythology because William and Mulder are supposed to stop the Alien invasion.

Yes, I think Scully has always needed more proof than just a visual effect, she needed to prove anything paranormal through science.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby muldersalias » June 23rd, 2012, 7:59 pm

Hallway. Hallway, hallway, hallway.

Not even because of the msr (okay maybe a little bit because of the msr). But it was such a critical part to the partnership, like a bridge they had to cross at some point - what would happen if someone got transfered or quit (or was abducted by shady government entities)? They both realized that they need each other professionally (and personally, but i'm not really sure if they'd gotten to that part of their thought process yet) to keep searching for the truth.

That isn't to say that mulder wouldn't have traveled to the ends of the earth for scully had that not happened, or vice versa. We have five seasons prior to prove that. But by the end of ftf, they both knew that they were in it to the end, whatever that would mean.
look to the stars
let hope burn in your eyes
and we'll love, and we'll hate, and we'll die
all to no avail, all to no avail
-muse
muldersalias
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby JeSouhaite » June 26th, 2012, 10:12 pm

Okay, I'll agree with MA that the hallway scene IS very good. Hmm... what else is there... OH... I DO adore Scully's frantic "run around the FBI building all worried about her man" scene in Triangle.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby Triangle42 » June 27th, 2012, 9:48 pm

I guess it's not my favorite, but I like how they made the Well-Manicured Man kind of good in the end. I always liked him, and it's cool he went out on a "good" note.

The best scene, though, would have to be the final shot of the spaceship! No doubt!
Triangle42
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby Shipperatheart » February 8th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Love this film. The beginning scene where they are on the rooftop, the hallway scene, and the end Mulder saw the alien ship and then fainted. Then Scully came into conscious and holds Mulder in her arms. They are each other saviour and it's so romantic!!!
Plus the song "walking after you' is one of my favourite songs!
Shipperatheart
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby xvade » July 17th, 2013, 4:04 pm

Tough call between the hallway scene and Mulder/WMM scene. Both are in my top 10 of XF history. Difficult to write about them because I lack the language to do them justice.
xvade

Postby ItsOutThere » July 19th, 2013, 4:00 am

My favourite scene would have to be the hallway scene! Right up until that stupid bee (Although as much as I hate it, it made every hand-touch from then on make me go 'will it happen!!'). A close second would be in agreement with shipperatheart - When Mulder saw the spaceship and fainted then Scully quitly wrapped him in her arms! *Naw* hug]
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere

Postby MelissaLScully » January 15th, 2014, 3:12 pm

I'm surprised there is little mention of the beginning of the movie! I recently re-watched (for like the 50,000th time...but 1st time in a while) and was reminded how much I LOVE the whole "When I panic I make this face" scene. As much as every fan loves the hallway scene I have to say the banter in this earlier scene makes it my favorite.
"It's like looking in a mirror."
MelissaLScully
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby ItsOutThere » November 14th, 2014, 5:39 am

MelissaLScully wrote:I'm surprised there is little mention of the beginning of the movie! I recently re-watched (for like the 50,000th time...but 1st time in a while) and was reminded how much I LOVE the whole "When I panic I make this face" scene. As much as every fan loves the hallway scene I have to say the banter in this earlier scene makes it my favorite.

I did re-watch this earlier in the year and have to agree with you. The scene on the roof-top (i.e. the Mulder and Scully character establisher) hits the nail on the head for the dynamic between the two of them. In saying that, I think the roof-top and the hallway scenes compliment each other, and I certainly am a sucker for anytime DD gets emotional .... plus I'm a romantic so was routing for the MSR!
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere

Postby barchick » January 26th, 2016, 1:41 pm

The car scene 'How many times have I been wrong?.... Never!' Great banter.
barchick

Return to Fight the Future