XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

What do you want in X-Files 3

Re: What do you want in X-Files 3

Postby ItsOutThere » April 6th, 2014, 6:46 pm

UofLCardFan08 wrote:For a plot premise, I would love for Mulder and Scully to find out that William's parents have died (I know that sounds terrible), leaving them to get back their son. William needs to be involved physically in some way.

He definitely needs to be involved to somehow tie in Scully to the FBI. She made it very clear that she didn't want to be involved but, as shown in season 10, as soon as William is mentioned, she jumps on the bandwagon. I believe that if they set the movie up with the normal x-files episode layout (Something unexplained happening to someone/somewhere that then gets investigated by M&S) and used this for the death of William's adoptive parents, viewers outside the realm of fandom may understand what she is fighting for. Sure we may not physically SEE him on screen (well maybe just at the end?).

I think to have him in the entire movie would be a bad idea. Sure kids are cute but either they find a great actor who pulls it of well... or they are there purely as someone "pretty" which then brings down the quality of the film.
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby TruthIsOutThere » April 7th, 2014, 5:42 pm

UofLCardFan08 wrote:For a plot premise, I would love for Mulder and Scully to find out that William's parents have died (I know that sounds terrible), leaving them to get back their son.

William needs to be involved physically in some way.

You might want to check out Season 10, the new comic book series that continues the series (and deals with this very thing!)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby ItsOutThere » April 11th, 2014, 7:03 pm

They turn out to be dead?

I thought it was just a coincidence that the woman Scully was treating in the first issue was Mrs Van Der Kamp and that her daughter was Emily? I know that William is involved in that the information leaked through the security breach was about x-files. Also... what happened to Doggett? Cause last I saw he was at an oil pipeline and then suddenly its hello CSM! cancer]
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » April 12th, 2014, 2:25 pm

Not just a coincidence, that turned out to be the Mrs. Van De Kamp! And IIRC Doggett and Reyes were both captured early on (so we don't know where they're at anymore).
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby ItsOutThere » April 12th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Oh how exciting! Yes I remember the getting kidnapped but I'm sure M&S wouldn't have put their kidnapping on the back burner?

I think if they mix story lines of the Xfiles season 10 comic and series, along with a more MOTW elements for the third film it would be fantastic. It would also make it less confusing for new viewers if they didn't have to continue entirely along the realm of Super Soldiers, Hybrids, Aliens, government agencies operating outside of the government... Unless it was full on "war of the worlds" type stuff but I think a "The host" approach would be best!
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » April 29th, 2014, 2:05 am

I know that we've mentioned single words and short sentences about what we'd like in the third film, with conflicts raging over whether Doggett/Reyes and William should appear or whether it should be based around MOTW of Mythology. I think the general consensus is that there should be:

1) Team Mulder and Scully from the series (Not from IWTB... I didn't like that scully)
2) We should be able to see where the 30 million dollar budget went ie explosions, car chases, special effects... essentially they need to apply the ending from "The Truth" with "FTF" in modern times *ACTION PACKED*.
3) Reinstate the X-files - to give them guns and access to FBI computer systems.
4) MSR... I'm still confused as to where they stood after IWTB (Even with their little boat ride)
5) Skinner
6)Not a predictable ending. Potentially a cliff hanger.

My question is, what would YOU spend the 30 million dollars on?
What explosions/action sequences would you have and why?

Personally I would split it and have one big bang at the beginning, just to make it a strong introduction and get people hoooked within the first 10 minutes. I'm thinking this part would be the "paranormal" or "Extraterrestrial" event that would bring mulder and scully back into the realm of the x-files. It would have to involve a past character who would be able to sway our favourite agents to return (I'm thinking Dogget or Marrita?). Maybe a smaller but none-the-less exciting part in the middle [not essential] and a big one about 20 minutes from the end to finish things off - you have to end on a bang but also can't lull in the middle :)
ItsOutThere

Postby Agent Spooky » June 11th, 2014, 9:35 pm

ItsOutThere wrote:I know that we've mentioned single words and short sentences about what we'd like in the third film, with conflicts raging over whether Doggett/Reyes and William should appear or whether it should be based around MOTW of Mythology. I think the general consensus is that there should be:

1) Team Mulder and Scully from the series (Not from IWTB... I didn't like that scully)
2) We should be able to see where the 30 million dollar budget went ie explosions, car chases, special effects... essentially they need to apply the ending from "The Truth" with "FTF" in modern times *ACTION PACKED*.
3) Reinstate the X-files - to give them guns and access to FBI computer systems.
4) MSR... I'm still confused as to where they stood after IWTB (Even with their little boat ride)
5) Skinner
6)Not a predictable ending. Potentially a cliff hanger.

My question is, what would YOU spend the 30 million dollars on?
What explosions/action sequences would you have and why?

Personally I would split it and have one big bang at the beginning, just to make it a strong introduction and get people hoooked within the first 10 minutes. I'm thinking this part would be the "paranormal" or "Extraterrestrial" event that would bring mulder and scully back into the realm of the x-files. It would have to involve a past character who would be able to sway our favourite agents to return (I'm thinking Dogget or Marrita?). Maybe a smaller but none-the-less exciting part in the middle [not essential] and a big one about 20 minutes from the end to finish things off - you have to end on a bang but also can't lull in the middle :)

Where did you think they were at? I thought they stayed together. Kept David's remarks about in mind, that Mulder chose her over staying with the FBI (not the exact quote).
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby ItsOutThere » June 14th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Agent Spooky wrote:4) MSR... I'm still confused as to where they stood after IWTB (Even with their little boat ride) - Where did you think they were at? I thought they stayed together. Kept David's remarks about in mind, that Mulder chose her over staying with the FBI (not the exact quote).

I think it's more, as great as their boat ride was as a little 'cute' statement, they seemed to have quite a bit of tension (And not the good kind!) during IWTB and I was wondering how they would "start them off" in the third film. Would it be like they are in Season 10 or would they still have friction. Would Mulder be satisfied with doing nothing now that he has been 'pardoned' etc etc. Sure David can SAY that Mulder would choose Scully over Mulder, but from a writers point of view, it can add a lot more to the story-line if their "fractured" relationship is fixed over the course of the film. People who aren't fans will like seeing a love story intertwined with the action (The infamous bee scene would not have been as provoking had the characters gotten together previously).

Who knows... But all I want is to see them truly partnered up with badges and/or guns (Which Mulder may or may not drop). It's prime-time now with netflix offering the series to a new generation of viewers and crowd-funding proving as an effective source of bumping up the budget. [If Veronica Mars can get 5.7 Million, surely X-files can at least double that??].
ItsOutThere

Postby Fallon » October 2nd, 2015, 9:10 am

I'd like to see how these wants compare with what we are getting in the revival.
Fallon
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby TruthIsOutThere » October 2nd, 2015, 12:43 pm

Good point, Fallon!
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby syzygy620 » February 29th, 2016, 5:08 pm

I would like the next appearance of Mulder & Scully to be the last. I would want it done as a third film with an even greater budget than "Fight the Future." While I'm still trying to work through the fact that the mythology episodes in the event series seem to contradict, or at least make pointless, much of the original mytharc, Chris Carter led us to that bridge, and here we are.

I want a third, epic film with Scully searching for she and Mulder's son. I want the film to pick up with the image that closed out the first film--the giant UFO in Antarctica flying overhead--and to have the film explain the new direction the mytharc seems to be taking (since Roswell, the government has been utilizing alien technology against its people in a goal aimed at world domination, and that while aliens do exist they are not the threat to mankind we though they were, i.e. colonization) with the mytharc that existed at the height of the series. Address the SuperSoldiers and be done with it. Have William be they key to curing the virus that seemed to be taking over the world in My Struggle II.

I want the series to end on a high note. I don't know if CC is capable of that, with all Season 10 proved (the episodes he wrote/directed, at least). Bring back Frank Spotnitz and Rob Bowman and let's do this right.
syzygy620
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Andrew80 » March 1st, 2016, 1:18 pm

I'd like new miniseries, first episode to resolve the mytharc for good (since this miniseries ended with Mulder dying, Aliens hovering over DC, Scully saving the world and no William, it's sadly inevitable they have to dedicate at least one episode to mythology) and the next 5 or six to be classic MotW episodes. One each from Morgan, D. Morgan, Wong, Gansa and Gilligan. CC can do the mythology part.

What was the good idea from this revival was referencing current political events. I liked that and I'd like to see more of that. I'd also like to see M and S go international in one episode-go to London or Berlin or wherever to solve a case. It'd attract huge audiences in Europe. Imagine them too solving the Loch Ness Monster mystery or investigating haunted castles in Scotland or Germany or Romania. Beautiful.

By classic MotW episodes I mean the following: no focus on William, no romance/break up/romance again, no combined mythology/MotW episodes. Mulder and Scully get a new case from Skinner or somebody else, it involves paranormal, they go out in the field, they solve it, they go back to the basement to take over another case. That's what I would like to see.

If they decide to shoot new film based solely on mytharc, I most certainly won't bother to watch it. Mythology was doomed long ago. MotWs are future of the X-Files and the only sensible thing to make.
Andrew80
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Previous

Return to XFiles 3