XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

What do you want in X-Files 3

Re: What do you want in X-Files 3

Postby Morley_Man » July 23rd, 2013, 9:11 am

Scully and Mulder deserve closure and with them dead and most of the human civilization destroyed it wouldn't make sense to call it The X Files, but it would still take place in the world of the show.

It would be infinitely more interesting to explore the fate of humankind after the alien invasion than to simply reboot the franchise with new detectives and new cases to investigate. How uninspired.

We don't know whether Scully really is immortal. That was never stated explicitly on the show. Some will argue that she is, others will argue that she isn't.

cancer]
Morley_Man
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby sheldipez » July 23rd, 2013, 10:04 am

Morley_Man wrote:It would be infinitely more interesting to explore the fate of humankind after the alien invasion than to simply reboot the franchise with new detectives and new cases to investigate. How uninspired.

We all know it would be infinitely more interesting but we all know how that pitch would go down with Fox

CC "Hello, we want to continue the X Files in a post apocalyptic world after an alien invasion"
Fox "the X Files? that show we cancelled over a decade ago?"
CC "erm... yeah"
Fox "didn't we do a X Files movie with that Billy Connoley chap that the critics had a field day with?"
CC "errr... I'll get my coat"
Fox <picks up the phone> "hey this David down in Fox television.. hi... I got an idea.. how about an X Files reboot? What's JJ Abrams doing?"

Morley_Man wrote:That was never stated explicitly on the show.
about sums up the entriety of the nine year run ;-)
sheldipez
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Morley_Man » July 23rd, 2013, 10:22 am

The X Files is still a lucrative franchise. The last movie flopped because it was poorly marketed and because the timing of the release made no sense. In the right hands and in the right medium the project would be successful.

Ambiguity was of course on of the defining characteristics of the show but, unlike Scully's supposed immortality, lots of things were made perfectly clear.

cancer]
Morley_Man

Postby sheldipez » July 23rd, 2013, 11:02 am

Morley_Man wrote:The X Files is still a lucrative franchise. The last movie flopped because it was poorly marketed and because the timing of the release made no sense. In the right hands and in the right medium the project would be successful.

X Files makes Fox a dollars here and there but let's not kid ourselves it's far from lucrative, 24 is lucrative, Glee is lucrative. X Files financially is a small drop in the ocean of their IP's.

I Want To Believe was a flop precisely because it's in the wrong hands, no one at Fox cares about the franchise. It was sent out to die, I'm sure some Fox exec somewhere had a "told you so" moment when it just managed to double it's budget at the box office (it's critical acclaim, or lack thereof, certainly didn't help).
sheldipez
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Morley_Man » July 23rd, 2013, 11:59 am

The franchise is still lucrative but the Fox executives don't know how to make money out of it. If right people were attached to the right kind of XF project it would be a commercial success.

cancer]
Morley_Man

Postby ItsOutThere » July 23rd, 2013, 5:40 pm

Morley_Man wrote:The franchise is still lucrative but the Fox executives don't know how to make money out of it. If right people were attached to the right kind of XF project it would be a commercial success.

I agree that it certainly has the potential to be lucrative. Right now it's not really doing anything. But take for instance the case of Veronica Mars and their new movie. THe series only ran for 3 seasons before being cancelled, but with a bit of fundraising from fans its been turned into a film (Though how good it will be is another question). Morley_Man is right, they need the right people behind it and not just someone who thinks "oh lets throw in a big name here or there" (seriously... Xzibit?) and hope the fanbase scrambles to the box office.

THe more I think about your ending with closure, the more I like it... though I would be incredibly sad. There was a fanfiction I read once that had a similar ending, though Mulder survived and Scully died in a fight for the truth. They ended with the lyrics to a thousand years. As much as I love the characters, I would rather they both died iafter a triumphant effort than to have one survive.
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby orodromeus » July 25th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Every time I've mentioned a "bad ending" as opposed to a happy ending ever after, I've received only negative comments -- glad to see some interesting new ideas here! I like the tragic and mysterious ending of s7 (Requiem) much more than the one of s8 (Existence).

At the heart of the show, I think, is the Alien Bounty Hunter's "Everything dies" versus Mulder's "Maybe there's hope". "One man alone cannot fight the future", "Don't give up", "Some day it has to end", "There's more than you will ever know", all these are variations on the theme of fighting against all odds, or of giving up the fight in front of how massive the undertaking is.

Have you seen the ending of Fight Club?

sheldipez wrote:
Morley_Man wrote:That was never stated explicitly on the show.
about sums up the entriety of the nine year run ;-)

Awesome!
EatTheCorn.com: XF mythology - analysis - 1013 interviews - S10 news
orodromeus
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby ItsOutThere » July 25th, 2013, 5:28 pm

orodromeus wrote:Every time I've mentioned a "bad ending" as opposed to a happy ending ever after, I've received only negative comments -- glad to see some interesting new ideas here! )

In my opinion, I think you might have been shut down because some fans don't want to see it end like that. I've had a battle with (the recently converted to X-philes) partner for the last 4 months. I've started to write an XF3 script and they were convinced that it needed to end with death. At first I put that down to them having only seen seasons 1/2 and hadn't really "fallen in love" with Mulder and Scully yet. In my eyes, death makes the ending so final... I know that we want closure to the series but I never wanted to see the two most iconic characters from my childhood die only to have the world dominated by aliens!

In saying that though, more and more movie goers are getting bored by the cliche of happily ever after and, as mentioned in an earlier post, Mulder and Scully have never had that; something always goes wrong. A double death at the end would be a shock to the system for fans yes, but it could entice new fans to find out how on earth they made it to that point in the first place. Making the movie memorable is what IWTB was lacking. Yeah it didn't suck, but people (Who weren't fans) walked out and forgot about it. I know my partner certainly did, so much so that when I forced them into watching the series they said "Wow they should have made a movie" and I said they actually made two, one in 1998 and one in 2008 with Amanda Peat. Their response "Wait this is the same thing as that one with the snow and the pedophile?" lol.

I'd prefer a dual death to only one of them dying... or potentially a "dual death" but after the credits it shows the bodies melting in a corrosive green liquid to add the *Dun dun dun cliffhanger* element.
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere

Postby sheldipez » July 26th, 2013, 8:43 am

ItsOutThere wrote:In my opinion, I think you might have been shut down because some fans don't want to see it end like that. I've had a battle with (the recently converted to X-philes) partner for the last 4 months. I've started to write an XF3 script and they were convinced that it needed to end with death. At first I put that down to them having only seen seasons 1/2 and hadn't really "fallen in love" with Mulder and Scully yet. In my eyes, death makes the ending so final... I know that we want closure to the series but I never wanted to see the two most iconic characters from my childhood die only to have the world dominated by aliens!

I think the problem is more that some people are so focused on Mulder & Scully they seem to forget about the actual X Files / mytharc! Some people seem to watch it like a soap (the "OMG! they kissed" brigade) - those are going to be the people that scream 'NOOOO!!!' the loudest ;)

ItsOutThere wrote:Making the movie memorable is what IWTB was lacking. Yeah it didn't suck, but people (Who weren't fans) walked out and forgot about it. I know my partner certainly did, so much so that when I forced them into watching the series they said "Wow they should have made a movie" and I said they actually made two, one in 1998 and one in 2008 with Amanda Peat. Their response "Wait this is the same thing as that one with the snow and the pedophile?" lol.

HA! That made laugh out loud! There's nothing in the movie that screams "you are watching a movie" to the point where it's understandable to wonder exactly where they spent $30 million (the answer is salaries if you were wondering). The story just isn't compelling enough to really sink deep in the memory for anyone but X Philes.
sheldipez
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby ItsOutThere » July 26th, 2013, 4:13 pm

sheldipez wrote:I think the problem is more that some people are so focused on Mulder & Scully they seem to forget about the actual X Files / mytharc! Some people seem to watch it like a soap (the "OMG! they kissed" brigade) - those are going to be the people that scream 'NOOOO!!!' the loudest ;)

Haha I've never thought of xfiles like a soap before. Sure, I did like the episodes that had a little bit of something deeper than a normal friendship but that was just me living vicariously through the romance. I never forgot any episodes in favour of the more MSR focused ones but I guess after 7 years of waiting in "suspense", you do remember getting what you were waiting for. I think those fans will do more than say nooooo! I think they'll grab their pitchforks and hunt down whoever wrote that :P

sheldipez wrote: HA! That made laugh out loud! There's nothing in the movie that screams "you are watching a movie" to the point where it's understandable to wonder exactly where they spent $30 million (the answer is salaries if you were wondering). The story just isn't compelling enough to really sink deep in the memory for anyone but X Philes.

I'm not sure whether it was it being a MOTW episode that wasn't particularly "paranormal" (ie flukeman, tooms, detour). Or whether what's would have shocked audiences in the 90's - a gay Russian scientist experimenting on abducted humans, trying to do a head transplant in some dark, dingy 'lab' - didn't effect them because they're so desensitised. I find, especially with the brother, a movie isn't memorable unless there really is a dramatic *shock* factor Or there's aliens or explosions. I'm glad the earlier story made you laugh, it certainly shocked me! I asked if they remembered anything and they replied "snow, a paedophile and Amanda peat(the reason for going in the first palace) then responded with "oh but this was in like 2010 so it was a while ago"....
ItsOutThere

Postby Agent Spooky » July 29th, 2013, 4:41 pm

sheldipez wrote:
ItsOutThere wrote:In my opinion, I think you might have been shut down because some fans don't want to see it end like that. I've had a battle with (the recently converted to X-philes) partner for the last 4 months. I've started to write an XF3 script and they were convinced that it needed to end with death. At first I put that down to them having only seen seasons 1/2 and hadn't really "fallen in love" with Mulder and Scully yet. In my eyes, death makes the ending so final... I know that we want closure to the series but I never wanted to see the two most iconic characters from my childhood die only to have the world dominated by aliens!

I think the problem is more that some people are so focused on Mulder & Scully they seem to forget about the actual X Files / mytharc! Some people seem to watch it like a soap (the "OMG! they kissed" brigade) - those are going to be the people that scream 'NOOOO!!!' the loudest ;)

ItsOutThere wrote:Making the movie memorable is what IWTB was lacking. Yeah it didn't suck, but people (Who weren't fans) walked out and forgot about it. I know my partner certainly did, so much so that when I forced them into watching the series they said "Wow they should have made a movie" and I said they actually made two, one in 1998 and one in 2008 with Amanda Peat. Their response "Wait this is the same thing as that one with the snow and the pedophile?" lol.

HA! That made laugh out loud! There's nothing in the movie that screams "you are watching a movie" to the point where it's understandable to wonder exactly where they spent $30 million (the answer is salaries if you were wondering). The story just isn't compelling enough to really sink deep in the memory for anyone but X Philes.

Seriously? I never watched the XF like that, period. I'm not a fan of the dual they die thing either. Understandable that they might not win, but it would be terrible to see both of them get killed. As for the soap thing, that's CC imo. A lot of his writing (imo) has that soapy bent to it. And that in part drove me away from watching it at times :lol:. I got tired of the melodrama.
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby ItsOutThere » July 29th, 2013, 6:04 pm

Agent Spooky wrote:eriously? I never watched the XF like that, period. I'm not a fan of the dual they die thing either. Understandable that they might not win, but it would be terrible to see both of them get killed

I'm sure they wouldn't kill them off, but it is true that Mulder and Scully aren't a "happily ever after" couple like we see in so many predictable endings nowadays. It will probably end on a cliffhanger somewhat related to them realizing they can't defeat the alien colonists. That's if they ever get a script together for it (fingers crossed)
ItsOutThere

Postby orodromeus » October 22nd, 2013, 9:11 am

A side comment to all the XF3 discussion:

Stargate is in somewhat a similar state. There was an original film in 1994, then 3 TV series over a decade, which have all ended after a declining viewership -- despite promises for TV-movie-type events every once in a while. Now there are rumors that the whole thing might be rebooted with a trilogy of films.

Here is the opinion of the guy who runs Gateworld, the oldest Stargate website around. For good or ill, everything he says could be applied to XF:

There are two things you have to know about me to understand why I’m looking at the potential reboot trilogy this way. First, I’m what you might call a grim realist. I understand a little bit about the way that the film and television industry works, and I know what it takes for studios to get behind a project and put up the cash to get it made.

It has next to nothing to do with satisfying a vocal online fan base (which usually makes up a tiny fraction of viewers or ticket holders).

It has next to nothing to do with fulfilling “promises” made by past regimes of executives (who lost their jobs, it might be argued, as a result of their mismanagement of a bankrupt studio).

And it certainly has nothing to do with the creative need to tie up loose plot threads or resolve cliffhangers.

It has everything to do with the latest pitch’s potential profitability. For a company with shareholders, like MGM, that’s doubly true.

No, if the writers of Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe were the ones holding the purse strings and calling the shots, they would go in for all of those other reasons. But Stargate is no longer in their control; it’s in the hands of executives who only know that (a) Stargate has a strong fan base, (b) Stargate has made MGM a lot of money over the years, but (c) Stargate on television seems to have been run into the ground and cancelled by its broadcaster due to steadily decreasing viewership over a 6-year period.

What was once MGM’s most lucrative franchise second only to James Bond is now consigned to the vast archive of past generations (think the Raiders of the Lost Ark ending).

That, I think, is the studio’s point of view on the franchise circa 2013. That means that the odds of MGM bringing back any of those three series and their casts, of tying up their storylines, even of making a one-off DVD movie, is hovering somewhere around zero.

Is that what I want? NO. I want to know the rest of the SGU story. I want SG-1 and Atlantis back in the form of reasonably-budgeted movies every couple of years. But that ain’t going to happen. I’m a grim realist about it all.

So Stargate either reinvents itself, or goes away for good.
orodromeus
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby TruthIsOutThere » October 22nd, 2013, 5:05 pm

Interesting speculation, oro. I copied and pasted your post to a friend who is a huge Stargate fan.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby sheldipez » October 23rd, 2013, 11:24 am

Makes sense, It's been mentioned before how much a tough sell it would be for Fox to pay for a new X Files movie when it would be the last. Everyone is after IP's that can be spun off into sequels and spin-offs.
sheldipez
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby TruthIsOutThere » October 23rd, 2013, 5:18 pm

It has to be acknowledged that - eventually - FOX (or someone else, if they ever sold the rights) is going to reboot the franchise in some fashion.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Agent Spooky » November 4th, 2013, 6:01 pm

Yep. And I won't watch it.

As for Stargate, that's a whole other kettle of fish. Used to be a fan of the show, but once I saw The Ark of Truth -- which had very little actual acting by the main actors imo, I was no longer a fan. It literally had me turning off the movie around 30 mins into it.

Agent Spooky

Postby ItsOutThere » November 5th, 2013, 4:49 pm

sheldipez wrote:Makes sense, It's been mentioned before how much a tough sell it would be for Fox to pay for a new X Files movie when it would be the last. Everyone is after IP's that can be spun off into sequels and spin-offs.

It's very true, especially when you look at the likes of The Hunger Games, Fast and Furious, Twilight ect... But who says it has to be just a one part film? They could leave the audience wanting more with a multi-part film releasing say 6 months apart similar to how they released the final installment of the Twilight Saga. In doing so they would also allow more time in the first film to get people up to speed and create a truely interesting plot. When you look at IWTB the main problem I had with the film is that aside from a few "He thinks his sister was abducted by ET" and "Our son" quotes, there wasn't much back story on the characters at all. Sure they threw in a few things for the true fans like the pencils in the ceiling but honestly they appeared to try too hard to make it a separate movie from the series. That's what FTF had on IWTB, it was part of the series and involved the characters, past stories and bought that into dialogue.

Who knows, it might not ever happen but I'm holding onto hope that it does and that they don't decide to just reboot the series with whichever actors are "hot" at the time.
ItsOutThere

Postby ScullyIsMyAunt » January 7th, 2014, 5:46 pm

I want to know if it is actually going to happen. Have they set a date? I saw some vids on YouTube about it, but I wasn't sure if it was really happening or not.
ScullyIsMyAunt
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby TruthIsOutThere » January 8th, 2014, 5:26 pm

Sadly, ScullyIsMyAunt, there's no word at all of a third movie at this point. :(
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby ScullyIsMyAunt » January 9th, 2014, 8:40 am

Awe, that's too bad. I was really look forward to going to the movies to see it if it ever happened. I just became a fan this year, so I missed watching it on TV and I missed going to the movies.
ScullyIsMyAunt

Postby ItsOutThere » January 10th, 2014, 12:29 am

ScullyIsMyAunt wrote:Awe, that's too bad. I was really look forward to going to the movies to see it if it ever happened.

Join the little brigade here in New Zealand who has been writing script concepts and sending them to the studios. Its amazing how similar the fans idea's are in what they want and there is loads of inspiration in the forum threads. I think the only disagreement is over whether S & M should die at the end or not!
ItsOutThere

Postby ScullyIsMyAunt » January 10th, 2014, 10:04 am

ItsOutThere wrote:I think the only disagreement is over whether S & M should die at the end or not!

Wait... Kill off Mulder and Scully? That could be interesting, but I wouldn't stop crying for my entire life. 0_o
ScullyIsMyAunt

Postby ItsOutThere » January 10th, 2014, 4:39 pm

ScullyIsMyAunt wrote:Wait... Kill off Mulder and Scully? That could be interesting, but I wouldn't stop crying for my entire life. 0_o

I know... Over the years you certainly become attached! [Speaking of which, my partner got me a shirt for my birthday that says "I get too attached to fictional characters" and on the back it has "SCULLLLLYYYYY!". I think it sums me up perfectly]. Anyways, a tad OT there, but yes it would be sad, but Mulder and Scully aren't exactly the couple to have a happily ever after ending - prime example is the bittersweet ending of "The Truth". Sure, I don't think they should die BUT I also don't think there should be a 'they save the world and everything is great'. Prime example would be NOT having them get SPOILER and saving the world BUT its covered up and nobody realises... in saying that they revived their "partnership" and found the truth blah blah blah!

* Now under the spoiler title is something from later in the series which, if I remember correctly, you aren't up to yet? By the end of season 9 I'm sure you'll understand what that SPOILER is ;)
ItsOutThere

Postby ScullyIsMyAunt » January 10th, 2014, 5:05 pm

Thank you for the Spoiler Alert. ;)
ScullyIsMyAunt

Postby lostinlove » January 14th, 2014, 2:24 pm

They must not die!!
I owe you everything, you owe me nothing
lostinlove

Postby ScullyIsMyAunt » January 19th, 2014, 12:47 pm

lostinlove wrote:They must not die!!

My sentiments exactly. :)
ScullyIsMyAunt

Postby ItsOutThere » January 23rd, 2014, 5:20 pm

I agree, it would probably crush my heart...
Maybe they could end it in a way that makes you believe one of them has died BUT they either get bought back at the very end/there is a suggestion they are still alive [Mulder is send Scully's cross or vice verse] OR there is something after the credits (sequel potential?). You don't want it to be a conventional "everybody survives and all is well" story line that seems to appear now days; there needs to be a shock factor somewhere!
ItsOutThere

Postby XxMRSMULDER1010xX » February 10th, 2014, 8:33 pm

I want closure to what happened with mulder and sculls and william and closure on dogget and Reyes we need some loose ends tied up!!! PLEASE!!!
XxMRSMULDER1010xX
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby Chupacabra » February 21st, 2014, 12:24 am

I just came up with an idea that could make an XF3 invasion movie work post-2012 (yeah, ever the optimist), so bear with me:

So, in the story 2012 has come and gone. Mulder was vigillant, as he should be, he kept in touch with several UFO watchdog groups to check for unusual activity, and maybe secret contacts in the government (definitely Skinner in the FBI). But nothing major happened. In the end, the mayan connection proved to be nothing (as the millenium bug before it), and people went on with their lives. Or did they?

The fact is, the invasion DID happen. It's just that nobody realized. The so-called "super soldiers" kept replacing humans left and right, and in the big date, they just managed the impossible: replaced the most powerful players in the game: politicians and maybe even presidents (Obama-Clone, anyone?). For a while nothing happens, they just try to repopulate Earth in secret. But then the aliens go after the only person who could be a threat to them, William, at this point 14 or 15 years old (depending on when/if the movie gets made). And by doing that, they get the attention of Doggett and Reyes, forever assigned to keep him safe. I wouldn't know how it goes from there, I just wanted to show the basic idea of keeping the story, even if 2012 is gone. I do know I'd be OK with seeing super soldiers, but I'd like to see some greys there at some point.

TXF always poked fun at Independence Day, so I figure their invasion won't be like in that movie. Or it shouldn't be, otherwise you're in no position to make fun of them, right? I see TXF more like a crisis situation, as it was shown for example in "War of The Worlds", with people going berserk, stealing cars, cleaning up supermarkets... but no giant ships blowing stuff up.

Anyway, my two cents. What do you think?
Chupacabra
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby TruthIsOutThere » February 21st, 2014, 1:10 am

I think your proposal is probably close to the way CC would do things, if he ever gets to finish the story.

With what's been done with the Season 10 comics, the writer Joe Harris has hinted at stuff that CC has made "off-limits", and what's been suggested leads me to believe that you're probably close to the mark.

Nicely done! :sun
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby sheldipez » February 21st, 2014, 9:30 am

I felt like I got a bit of an invasion vibe in Carter's The After. I don't know if anyone here has yet watched it.
sheldipez
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Chupacabra » February 21st, 2014, 11:03 pm

sheldipez wrote:I felt like I got a bit of an invasion vibe in Carter's The After. I don't know if anyone here has yet watched it.

I did, sheldipez. And I agree with you, it was fun to see and imagine XF in that context. But as much as I liked the mysteries, the show still felt a lot like Lost to me (the ensemble cast of different backgrounds, the bickering...), and they used the "F" word a lot, like, to show they can. ;-)
Chupacabra
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby orodromeus » February 24th, 2014, 5:12 am

Chupacabra wrote:TXF always poked fun at Independence Day, so I figure their invasion won't be like in that movie. Or it shouldn't be, otherwise you're in no position to make fun of them, right? I see TXF more like a crisis situation, as it was shown for example in "War of The Worlds", with people going berserk, stealing cars, cleaning up supermarkets... but no giant ships blowing stuff up.

I agree completely! Even before the 2012 came and passed, I always thought of XF3 as a "low-key" invasion, with dark deeds happening underground and the fate of the world being decided by manipulating conspiracies and all of a sudden the world wakes up and they have been surrendered to the aliens or become alien themselves -- rather than a full-out war.

In terms of plot, I was thinking of the alien invasion taking place in a deceptive way, like for example additives in the water supply (as was suggested by 9X01 Nothing Important Happened Today), or some biological means (like obligatory vaccines or food additive or coming into contact with Black Oil-carrying gasoline when you fill up the tank of your car). And parallel to that an underground resistance movement that would find a similar deceptive progressive way to immunize everybody without the aliens even knowing it!

But in terms of plot, yes I do think that William vanishing and then involving M & S is what Carter is thinking about, as you said this is the plot point that Joe Harris can't touch.
orodromeus
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby Agent Spooky » February 24th, 2014, 2:44 pm

sheldipez wrote:I felt like I got a bit of an invasion vibe in Carter's The After. I don't know if anyone here has yet watched it.

Yea it's there... I tried to watch it, but it honestly felt like a chore. Too much swearing for one thing, and I'm far from an angel in that regard :day... but when you have to rely on it so much, it just makes for bad writing imo. And the characterizations weren't all that good.

It kind of makes me worried for what will happen in regards to M & S... if a third film gets made. :?

Agent Spooky

Postby ItsOutThere » April 3rd, 2014, 3:47 am

Chupacabra wrote:TXF always poked fun at Independence Day, so I figure their invasion won't be like in that movie. Or it shouldn't be, otherwise you're in no position to make fun of them, right? I see TXF more like a crisis situation, as it was shown for example in "War of The Worlds", with people going berserk, stealing cars, cleaning up supermarkets... but no giant ships blowing stuff up.

I completely 100% agree, though in saying that I would like to see some paranormal aspects to it, but those in the realm of believably that we saw on the series. The invasion would be similar to that of the Book (now film) "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. By the time civilization is aware that they are being over-ruled, it's too late (But that's not the case cause we have Mulder!)

orodromeus wrote:In terms of plot, I was thinking of the alien invasion taking place in a deceptive way, like for example additives in the water supply (as was suggested by 9X01 Nothing Important Happened Today), or some biological means (like obligatory vaccines or food additive or coming into contact with Black Oil-carrying gasoline when you fill up the tank of your car). And parallel to that an underground resistance movement that would find a similar deceptive progressive way to immunize everybody without the aliens even knowing it!

There was a test that the American Government did bak in the 60's (I believe?) where they infected Mosquito's on towns to see how quickly disease could be spread. Alternatively, a great method would be the continuation of the bees from Fight the Future - As you remember they had started again outside of the United States (And I'm sure they didn't stop!).
ItsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » April 3rd, 2014, 7:15 pm

Good idea, ItsOutThere! I'd love to see something with the bees! They could even do something about the bees, but have CCD (colony collapse disorder, a real life thing I incorporated into my TXF RPG) be the cause (or tie into the reason) that the bees never end up getting all the way here.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby ScullyIsMyAunt » April 3rd, 2014, 10:50 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:Good idea, ItsOutThere! I'd love to see something with the bees! They could even do something about the bees, but have CCD (colony collapse disorder, a real life thing I incorporated into my TXF RPG) be the cause (or tie into the reason) that the bees never end up getting all the way here.

X-Files 3: Attack of the Bees (swarms of bees cover the earth) LOL
Seriously though, I would love to see the bees! They are one of my favorite things in X-Files since I have actually been covered in a swarm before, I know how Scully and Mulder in FTF.
ScullyIsMyAunt

Postby ItsOutThere » April 6th, 2014, 4:41 am

TruthIsOutThere wrote:Good idea, ItsOutThere! I'd love to see something with the bees! They could even do something about the bees, but have CCD (colony collapse disorder, a real life thing I incorporated into my TXF RPG) be the cause (or tie into the reason) that the bees never end up getting all the way here.

I have two fantastic concepts for them to put in. One is of course the bees, the other is aspects from the unexplained fires of Canneto di Caronia (But in America over somewhere like a secret military base or the FBI headquarters) - Includes non flammable objects like couches catching alight, computers turning themselves on and off, phones never requiring charge, invisible "bullets" breaking glass etc... Mix this with parts of the series 10 comics and you have a great film. Maybe, instead of just the thought of William bringing Scully back to the FBI, Doggett or Gibson is involved as well. She'd have to help Doggett too.
ItsOutThere

Postby UofLCardFan08 » April 6th, 2014, 2:33 pm

For a plot premise, I would love for Mulder and Scully to find out that William's parents have died (I know that sounds terrible), leaving them to get back their son.

William needs to be involved physically in some way.
UofLCardFan08
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

PreviousNext

Return to XFiles 3