XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

What do you want in X-Files 3

Re: What do you want in X-Files 3

Postby Agent Spooky » August 12th, 2011, 11:06 am

special_agent_mully wrote:want (and need, really):

- mulder and scully both back in the FBI. they need to have all access like true x-files agents.

- plot set around the prophecy of 'william'. want to know what happened to the kid. i never understood why anyone would think he's safer with two farmers who have no clue what he is. the aliens will find him no matter where he is.

- continue with the kissy scenes like in XF2, but no sex scenes, other than the hint of them about to get it on and immediately after the fact, like mulder climbing on top of scully, then 'CUT!'. the XF2 kissy scenes were nice and believable, more so than in episodes. those were nice too in the fact that it let the audience see their relationship, but they just touch lips and then don't move around, hardly--sorry, but boring. their touches throughout the seasons said much more, so i guess that makes up for it. and the last kiss in XF2 was pretty nice, i could feel that one :P

-and, more 'couple' dialogue between them. i think we really saw them as a real couple in XF2 and since we all now know, for sure, that they're together, let's see more of that. and, see them as parents. and, maybe a just a twinge of jealously in a scene. saw a bit in XF2 with amanda peet.

- plot around the alien/myth arc, of course. i enjoyed XF2, but like many said, it was just a movie version of a MOTW epi. They need to focus on the whole 2012 armageddon thing...and release this movie by 12/22/12!

- stick with some good actions scenes and i like the dark, snowy backdrop, like in XF2.

-more skinner! he's my 3rd favorite character.

-i wish the lone gunmen were still alive. although maybe hokey, i wouldn't mind seeing them in 'spirit'.

-and, i'd rather NOT see dogget/reyes, unless it's a brief cameo. it just didn't work in seasons 8/9 with me. the x-files is just not the x-files unless BOTH mulder and scully are together as partners.

okay, that's all i can think of for now.

anyone know anything about if this movie id a 'go'? i'd be happy, even if it's low budget. that's the glory of the x-files, IMO, anyway.

I don't mind Doggett and Reyes. I wouldn't mind seeing them helping Mulder and Scully out.

Definitely on the whole more couple dialogue thing. And more flirting ;).

I doubt they'd ever go back to the FBI, considering all that they've been through in terms of dealing with them.

Lmao XD. That would probably be too much for Chris... the whole 'mulder climbing on top of scully' thing would probably put him in shock :lol:.
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby SpecialAgent88 » November 24th, 2011, 10:16 am

ImageImageImageImageImage

sexymulderscullyresources - Tumblr

We want X Files 3 NOW.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby kyouryokusenshi » November 28th, 2011, 5:22 pm

I love it!
kyouryokusenshi
Blane Faulkner, Wannabe Abductee

Postby Agent Skulder » February 1st, 2012, 11:51 am

Any new, original ideas? Post here & on 20th Century Fox FB wall...
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby AlienPrincess » February 1st, 2012, 1:09 pm

Well, I'm sure as most others would agree too. We need Doggett,Reyes and Skinner in XF3. I think that a movie based on the end of the world or the alien take over would be very fitting with the 2012 theory. But then I guess it wouldn't really matter as long as we got another movie! :D lol
I'm in love with Assistant Director Walter Skinner
AlienPrincess
Holman Hardt, Rain King

Postby LondonLady » February 19th, 2012, 10:48 pm

At this point, AlienPrincess, I'd be happy to see just about any film for "The X Files 3," as long as Mulder, Scully, and Skinner were in it, and Mulder and Scully had been reinstated in the FBI.
hug] skinner]
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012
LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director

Postby AlienPrincess » February 22nd, 2012, 1:24 pm

Now that would be entertainment! LMAO!
AlienPrincess
Holman Hardt, Rain King

Postby LondonLady » February 24th, 2012, 3:23 am

Completely [agree]
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
LondonLady

Postby SpecialAgent88 » June 11th, 2012, 7:43 pm

pokec0re - Tumblr
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby HristinaB » August 13th, 2012, 6:44 pm

One of the scenes I loved in "Requiem" was the one before the "I'm not going to risk... losing you" hallway scene. The one where Mulder, Scully, The Lone Gunmen, Skinner AND Krycek are all in the same room -- in some weird way, it reminded me of a Last Supper painting.

This is something I would like to see in XF3, a scene with all of these beautiful characters together. I don't need no Marita, either, give me X any day! And some sort of CSM flashback, I need him in the movie as well.

I would very much like to see Mrs Scully and Bill, too (I think I'm the only Phile who actually likes the man) and I'd REALLY like to see Charles Scully for the first time!

Since I want this to be a mytharc/colonization movie, it would make no sense not to include Gibson Praise (the boy can read the aliens' mind!) and the Alien Bounty Hunter.

No Doggett... and definitely NO Reyes! No sex scene, no mushy "they lived happily ever after" ending. Mulder and Scully are an unconventional couple; I want these kids to be happy, of course, I just don't think the "one big happy family with a dog and a white picket fence" formula suits them. I don't even want to see them married (it's so NOT M&S!), although I do think that William should definitely be part of the story.

I missed my strong Scully in IWTB. GA didn't remind me of her and that saddened me. And it was not just the hair (long blonde hair is WRONG for Scully, imo) or the extremely thin, angular face, it was her attitude, as well. Where was the woman who had faith and was so determined to fight for justice and the truth?

MULDER: I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us. That they speak to us as part of something greater than us - greater than any alien force. And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to what's speaking, it can give us the power to save ourselves.

SCULLY: Then we believe the same thing.

I want Fighter!Scully back. And Mulder in a black turtleneck. I want to see them draw their weapons in sync before they go into a dark building. I want inside jokes for the die-hard fans and a bunch of new Mulderisms.

I want Rob Bowman directing, Mark Snow composing the score and the Patron Saint of Shippers and God of Continuity, Vince Gilligan, in the writing team.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it.
HristinaB
Big Mike, Staff Vet

Postby LondonLady » August 27th, 2012, 5:01 pm

HristinaB wrote: I want Fighter!Scully back. And Mulder in a black turtleneck. I want to see them draw their weapons in sync before they go into a dark building. I want inside jokes for the die-hard fans and a bunch of new Mulderisms.

I want Rob Bowman directing, Mark Snow composing the score and the Patron Saint of Shippers and God of Continuity, Vince Gilligan, in the writing team.

Then we believe the same thing! Seeing the part that I underlined would be brilliant. :)
LondonLady

Postby Agent Skulder » August 27th, 2012, 6:54 pm

Somebody needs to go to BigLight's "Mailbag" (the direct line to Frank) and
Post this.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Shipperatheart » February 8th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Wow so many insightful thoughts here. I bet CC and the writing teams must be scratching their heads to give us a good third movie.
I agree this time it should not be a standalone movie. They should deal with the alien colonization and government conspiracies plots.
And please don't let Scully be a skeptic any more after what she has seen and been through. She is immortal as Bruckman said. It would be interesting to explore that aspectt.
I want to be touched this time. I want to cry at the end no matter the ending is a happy one or they are separated from each other (and hence a 4th movie to have the reunion)
In short, a good closure or at least some answers to the mysteries and more human feelings between our 2 beloved agents.
Shipperatheart
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby AlienPrincess » February 11th, 2013, 11:41 pm

So many good ideas! I want to see a lot of things! Mulder and Scully together as we'll as Doggett and Reyes and we can't forget Skinner. I wish Dean had given Chris my script... It was good even if it was at the beginning of it lol
AlienPrincess
Holman Hardt, Rain King

Postby Righthere » March 7th, 2013, 4:32 pm

SpecialAgent88 wrote:I agree GD78, I'd really like Mulder and Scully to be reunited with their son William, it would be a really happy ending for M&S and the entire series, please CC make it happen.

I vote this option too!
But seriously, guys, if it goes worse than XF2 then it's better not to do it at all.
Seeing is believing
Righthere
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby Shipperatheart » March 7th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Yes that's what I always believe: if they can come up with a brilliant script, then let's do a third movie. Otherwise just leave it as it is now. Not worth to take another blow again!
Shipperatheart
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Agent Skulder » March 7th, 2013, 10:51 pm

Shipperatheart & Righthere...

I'm with you, they should leave well enough alone.

Even now, on the more vocal forums (IMDb & Haven), users / fans are divided in terms of what they want, whether the film should address William, will M & S marry, prevent colonization, etc etc ad infinitum...

Plus, Carter appeared distracted during the last 2 seasons when some plot lines were rushed or left unresolved. It seems unlikely that he's any less distracted ten years later. Most likely he'd like to move on to new projects. I know I would.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Shipperatheart » March 7th, 2013, 11:51 pm

That reminded me of the TV special of Bonic Woman married to the 6 million dollar man.
I just learnt it last year that they did that special, but have not a chance to watch it.
As for TXF, though the people are the same but yet the mood and feel is different now.
Shipperatheart
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Righthere » March 8th, 2013, 1:38 am

How about CSM is not dead? :P
Seeing is believing
Righthere
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby Agent Skulder » March 8th, 2013, 3:35 am

Agreed! If I had to name a favorite character, it would be CSM especially in terms of the dynamics between him & Skinner, him & Krycek, and him & M&S... Once again, I think Carter got incredibly lucky in finding his cast. Few actors could have portrayed CSM with the subtlety and nuance that William Davis had. If Davis had been too "heavy handed," his portrayal could easily have become cartoonish.

One XF3 theory from various sites - what if CSM had a secret daughter from a prior dalliance with a different adulterous woman? What if... darling daughter wants to avenge daddy's premature death by tracking down Mulder & trying to seduce him, while representing another subversive organization, a modern day Syndicate? Might be interesting...
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Eugene Victor Tooms » May 22nd, 2013, 5:40 pm

I might sound like a bit pessismist on this one, but I highly doubt a third movie will ever come out (and God knows i'd die for another movie, a real one this time, unlike the last piece of garbage)

What I'd like is what worked for the first movie : a storyline about the mythology. Problem is, the 22nd december 2012 (my birthdate, by the way :D) is now behind us, so theorically aliens invaded Earth six months ago (or not, if humans managed to prevent it).
Maybe they could make a movie taking place during the late 2000's, early 2010s because in my mind, a lot of questions are left unsolved.
The Super-Soldiers thing hasn't been resolved (okay we know that magnitite kills them, but a lot of them are still alive). I think we could have Mulder, Scully, trying to prevent this from happening. I know the 2008 movie told us about what M&S are doing during those days, but still.
I don't care actually, bring Doggett, Reyes, Skinner - you name it - Hell, Even Tooms back from the dead, all together united to fight those alien bastards ! That's right, a,n angry Tooms back from the dead kicking some alien ass because they would interfere with his quota of livers.

Another problem is that a lot of essential characters to the mythology have been killed throughout the seasons. CSM, Krycek, Bill Mulder, The Syndicate, etc.... That leaves us with very few people to build a sequel to the mythology in my mind. Kersh, anyone ?
Eugene Victor Tooms
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby Agent Spooky » May 23rd, 2013, 9:22 am

Eugene Victor Tooms wrote:I might sound like a bit pessismist on this one, but I highly doubt a third movie will ever come out (and God knows i'd die for another movie, a real one this time, unlike the last piece of garbage)

What I'd like is what worked for the first movie : a storyline about the mythology. Problem is, the 22nd december 2012 (my birthdate, by the way :D) is now behind us, so theorically aliens invaded Earth six months ago (or not, if humans managed to prevent it).
Maybe they could make a movie taking place during the late 2000's, early 2010s because in my mind, a lot of questions are left unsolved.
The Super-Soldiers thing hasn't been resolved (okay we know that magnitite kills them, but a lot of them are still alive). I think we could have Mulder, Scully, trying to prevent this from happening. I know the 2008 movie told us about what M&S are doing during those days, but still.
I don't care actually, bring Doggett, Reyes, Skinner - you name it - Hell, Even Tooms back from the dead, all together united to fight those alien bastards ! That's right, a,n angry Tooms back from the dead kicking some alien ass because they would interfere with his quota of livers.

Another problem is that a lot of essential characters to the mythology have been killed throughout the seasons. CSM, Krycek, Bill Mulder, The Syndicate, etc.... That leaves us with very few people to build a sequel to the mythology in my mind. Kersh, anyone ?

It wouldn't make sense for the story to take place back then, the early 2000's, considering how much time has passed. But it would be nice for a good invasion type story, with Kersh involved in some way along with Doggett and Reyes. ;)

I don't view IWTB as a piece of garbage. It wasn't nearly as good as some of the better episodes, but there were worse ones...

The only time I'd have anything be listed as such... would be the novelization of the movie itself... :dwc

Agent Spooky

Postby Eugene Victor Tooms » May 23rd, 2013, 10:07 am

Well, considering the fiasco of IWTB, I can't think of any other storyline for an hypothetic third movie than a mythology/invasion one. Well, I'd stick with mythology, because "invasion" doesn't sound right to me. I don't think the actual invasion, if it were to happen, would be relevant.

One thing we learned about the show, is that it doesn't make our heroes trumph over an epic and heroic battle. It shows them discovering the past and the present, and try to preserve the future. I don't how to to explain it actually, this article, as suggested by Skulder http://eatthecorn.com/dossiers/dec22.htm, does it much better.

I don't think I'd want M&S getting into an action packed movie where they fight the aliens and stuff like that.
It has to be a mythology movie for sure (in my opinion, that's why IWTB failed), but not necessarely taking place on december 22nd 2012, or shortly before or after.

I might sound a bit confused because I don't know how to to put it, but really the article of eatthecorn explains it all.
Eugene Victor Tooms

Postby Agent Skulder » May 23rd, 2013, 12:12 pm

Tooms and Spooky - I know not everyone slogs thru all the threads but... read the General thread on the New Comic.

The Season 10 Comic - written by Joe Harris (NOT Carter) picks up from IWTB.

At this time - there will not be... an XF3. Happy 20th anniversary!
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Spooky » May 23rd, 2013, 1:39 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:Tooms and Spooky - I know not everyone slogs thru all the threads but... read the General thread on the New Comic.

The Season 10 Comic - written by Joe Harris (NOT Carter) picks up from IWTB.

At this time - there will not be... an XF3. Happy 20th anniversary!

Heard about it over on Haven. Yep :(. But there's no harm in having some fun in terms of guessing even if things don't come to pass there ;).

Agent Spooky

Postby Agent Skulder » May 23rd, 2013, 2:15 pm

You're right -Totally agree! Hard to think of "fun" and XF3 in the same sentence anymore. And wasn't sure anyone even knew about the comic book. (I know that thread is a mess - will try some surgery in a few days.)

FYI - When I drop comments on #xfiles Instagram pages, NO ONE!!! knows WTF I'm talking about. ZERO promotion outside of comic book world is taking place. Hoping that somebody (FOX? Carter? Bueller?) #wakesthefuckup during the next 4 weeks. If frustration could consume a person, I'd be dust.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Spooky » May 23rd, 2013, 2:51 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:You're right -Totally agree! Hard to think of "fun" and XF3 in the same sentence anymore. And wasn't sure anyone even knew about the comic book. (I know that thread is a mess - will try some surgery in a few days.)

FYI - When I drop comments on #xfiles Instagram pages, NO ONE!!! knows WTF I'm talking about. ZERO promotion outside of comic book world is taking place. Hoping that somebody (FOX? Carter? Bueller?) #wakesthefuckup during the next 4 weeks. If frustration could consume a person, I'd be dust.

Yea I know :(. Damn it... :P It's hard to even have fun in terms of it anymore. But trying to keep the spirit going is worth it in part. I know lol. Never even found any of the comics where I live :(. Only found one once by chance at a library book sale... and it was one from England. A pretty good one, but still they're hard to come by.

Hopefully one of the comic stores or god knows, Barnes and Noble will end up carrying the series... because other than that, I'm screwed :(.

Wow. That's pretty sad. Fox just doesn't seem to give a damn anymore... heck, I don't think they even did when IWTB was being promoted. The sheer lack of promotion was just insulting and lame...

Lol, wouldn't that be great ;). There needs to be more overt promotion of the comics, they don't look that bad at all. Heck the pricing for them isn't that bad either.

Agent Spooky

Postby Eugene Victor Tooms » May 23rd, 2013, 3:46 pm

is there a thread on these forums about the comic you're talking about, Agent Skulder ? Because I can't find it.
Eugene Victor Tooms

Postby Agent Skulder » May 23rd, 2013, 4:10 pm

Tooms - We usually put "new / important" items in General (so "guests" actually SEE them). If Mods et al ever return, we'll request a S10 section. We're currently rudderless...

The main Comic thread (yes, messy - I need to separate sub topics out, maybe Sat..?)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2475

The TOPPS reissue thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2685
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Spooky » May 23rd, 2013, 4:15 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:Tooms - We usually put "new / important" items in General (so "guests" actually SEE them). If Mods et al ever return, we'll request a S10 section. We're currently rudderless...

The main Comic thread (yes, messy - I need to separate sub topics out, maybe Sat..?)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2475

The TOPPS reissue thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2685

@ Agent Skulder: I know this is off topic, but what happened, mod-wise?

Agent Spooky

Postby Eugene Victor Tooms » May 23rd, 2013, 4:33 pm

Thank you ;-)
Eugene Victor Tooms

Postby TruthIsOutThere » May 23rd, 2013, 10:17 pm

Thanks for the link back to that bit on eatthecorn. I'd read it before but it's been awhile; it was great to read it again. :)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby ItsOutThere » July 22nd, 2013, 2:57 am

So In light of recent interviews, I think it's fitting to reboot this thread after a few stale months! Sure they missed the boat in terms of getting us the infamous december 21st 2012 date, but I'll keep telling myself the aliens just delayed their invasion... or they just becan slowly taking head political figures so that, when the time comes, they had all corners of the world covered and controlled before anyone could so much as blink!

Anyways...

Between this forum and a few posts through IMDB, there have been a lot of words and requests thrown around that are mentioned by numerous fans. To name a few of the favourites are:
CGI, Explosions, Big Budget, Mulder and Scully working as a team, FBI Reinstation, Dual gun pulling, Alien Mythology, Humour and witty dialogue, Bring in all remaining characters, Gibson Praise and Colonisation. In terms of people being on the fence, it was over William and Doggett/Reyes.

Now what I would like to see would, like many of you, is closure to the mytharc but I see the problem of trying to fit it into 90-150 minutes. FTF was magnificent in the way it summed up the past 5 years for those who hadn't seen the show (The Syndicate, the pawn in the government conspiracy ect). IWTB tried to but barely even scratched the surface (in my opinion) with its brief "His sister was abducted by aliens" and "our son" lines. XF3 would somehow have to sum up the past AND make it an interesting movie that would wrap up almost 9 years. Challenge much? I do have a few Concepts though.

I would of course have Scully and Mulder working as a team. Skinner, being my third favourite, would also make an appearance. In terms of Doggett and Reyes, I too am on the fence, but if they were to be involved, it would not be in a leading role - The X-files for me is Mulder and Scully. As it would be mytharc based, there would be Gibson, Alien bounty hunters, faceless rebels ect (Though, how to explain all of them?). I would like to see them pull their guns at the same time and, maybe, mulder might loose his. In my perfect world, the LGM and CSM wouldn't have died but trying to bring them back would be hard without potentially pissing off fans and confusing new ones. I want some action, maybe not to the extent of explosions, but I want the dialogue between M&S to be like 5-7.

Obviously I;m asking a lot but I would honestly be happy just seeing them on our screens once again!
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby Morley_Man » July 22nd, 2013, 12:56 pm

As far as I'm concerned, the events of the last two seasons took place in some strange parallel universe, so I don't want to see Doggett, Reyes, William or the Super Soldiers.

I want stunning visual effects and spectacular action set pieces, but ultimately I want the movie to focus on the duo as they join forces with the military and fight the aliens. Inevitably, they lose.

I want the movie to end with the heartbreaking and haunting image of a wounded Mulder kneeling beside Scully's lifeless body, her eyes staring blankly up into the sky darkened by smoke rising from the ruins of a great city. He lies down beside her , firmly gripping her hands, closes his eyes and takes his last breath. Together. Forever.

cancer]
Morley_Man

Postby sheldipez » July 22nd, 2013, 4:07 pm

Morley_Man wrote:I want stunning visual effects and spectacular action set pieces, but ultimately I want the movie to focus on the duo as they join forces with the military and fight the aliens. Inevitably, they lose.

I want the movie to end with the heartbreaking and haunting image of a wounded Mulder kneeling beside Scully's lifeless body, her eyes staring blankly up into the sky darkened by smoke rising from the ruins of a great city. He lies down beside her , firmly gripping her hands, closes his eyes and takes his last breath. Together. Forever.

I don't know if you are being serious or not but HELL YES. That sounds awesome.
sheldipez
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Agent Skulder » July 22nd, 2013, 4:28 pm

Morley_Man wrote:... I want the movie to end with the heartbreaking and haunting image of a wounded Mulder kneeling beside Scully's lifeless body, her eyes staring blankly up into the sky darkened by smoke rising from the ruins of a great city. He lies down beside her , firmly gripping her hands, closes his eyes and takes his last breath. Together. Forever.

THIS!!! The single best idea I've read, EVER. This franchise needs closure. Once these 2 are done then New Generation FOXtards can reboot the XF series with brand new agents.

The entre XF3 topic - to say I'm over it is an understatement. The idea of a film that thousands will pick at and then begin discussions anew of What Next? Well there can't he a "what next" if - on film - we see them expire. Absolutely perfect ending. Bravo!
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Morley_Man » July 22nd, 2013, 5:43 pm

Thanks, Agent Skulder.

Although the entire planet has been ravaged by a global war between aliens and humans and whole cities and countries lie in ruins, some people have survived and gone into hiding. Eventually they decide to rebel against the alien tyrants...

It's a little off-topic, but I think that the aftermath of the War would be interesting to explore, perhaps in a new series, a movie or a series of comic books. Perhaps a new duo (the leaders of the Rebellion, in my imagination) could take Scully's and Mulder's place. Obviously the Rebellion is one of many possible exciting scenarios and in the right hands it could be a spectacular tale of a dystopian future, a world in ruins, with elements of drama, horror, mystery and sci-fi.
cancer]
Morley_Man

Postby ItsOutThere » July 23rd, 2013, 12:41 am

Agent Skulder wrote:THIS!!! The single best idea I've read, EVER. This franchise needs closure. Once these 2 are done then New Generation FOXtards can reboot the XF series with brand new agents.
The entre XF3 topic - to say I'm over it is an understatement. The idea of a film that thousands will pick at and then begin discussions anew of What Next? Well there can't he a "what next" if - on film - we see them expire. Absolutely perfect ending. Bravo!

It wouldnt be X-files though if they were to continue the series in a post alien takeover world. Sure there could be a spin off which could be interesting, but unless you made closure to the series by 'defeating the aliens' - however that may happen - but in the process they died. The government downplayed any involvement from a human shadowgovernment and life continued... the reboot would be years later after someone stumbles upon lost documents. Its a great way to "end" the series and I know many X-philes out there would ball their eyes out (me included). You will also get those who would argue scully can't die :P
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere

Postby sheldipez » July 23rd, 2013, 3:22 am

ItsOutThere wrote:It wouldn’t be X-files though if they were to continue the series in a post alien takeover world.

Just because it's called the X Files doesn't mean people expect them to investigate files. I think the point has long gone, we're just waiting for the alien invasion to come to fruition so we can have some closure. Don't set us up and leave us hanging here Chris!

ItsOutThere wrote:the reboot would be years later after someone stumbles upon lost documents.

Any reboot would be just that a total reboot, new agents, new mythology, no ties to "that old show", no Chris Carter for Fox to deal with. Though people have argued with me that Fringe is a spiritual X Files successor so there's no need to do the paranormal FBI thing again, haven’t seen the show myself so can't comment there.

ItsOutThere wrote:You will also get those who would argue scully can't die :P

Hey! I like that idea of thought ! ;) Some consistency is good!
sheldipez
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby ItsOutThere » July 23rd, 2013, 3:41 am

ItsOutThere wrote:Hey! I like that idea of thought ! Some consistency is good!

Honestly, I've thought about it and as much as it would make me bawl my eyes out, I could see the dual death as a great ending; especially for people who haven't seen the series before - something against the traditional 'happily ever after'. BUT I would be annoyed purely because of the fact they suggested Scully being immortal in the series, not just once but twice. Anyone else feel the same?

Does that mean it would have to switch to Scully holding Mulder's lifeless body and showing the fear in her eyes as she realizes she has to face the rest of colonization alone?
ItsOutThere

PreviousNext

Return to XFiles 3