XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

What do you want in X-Files 3

What do you want in X-Files 3

Postby SpecialAgent88 » June 12th, 2010, 11:52 am

I hope they give the green light quick because most of us are waiting to see Mulder and Scully back on the big screen. I'll like to see lots of action with CGI, bombs blowing up, a nice car chase, lots of automatic machine guns, Aliens and of course a love scene between Mulder and Scully. Something like the new Star Trek film would bring in more ordinary fans and not just die hard X-Files fans, hopefully the movie will be a huge success and Fox let's the franchise continue with X-Files 4, 5, 6 and so on.

I really believe Scully needs to be her old self, meaning a tough FBI Agent and partner with Mulder to stop the Alien invasion, maybe even rejoin the FBI or at least work closely with them. It would be nice to see Doggett, Reyes and Skinner all involved, that would bring back the good old days. However, right now I'm just hoping they get X-Files 3 off the ground because I really miss Mulder and Scully.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Re: What do you want in X-Files 3

Postby GillyDreamer78 » June 12th, 2010, 12:12 pm

I want to see some kind of closure, with the mithology. The third movie has to be about alien invasion. I want to see William back with Mulder and Sully, those two deserve a happy ending after everything the have been through. And of course i want to see a love scene between Mulder and Scully with a good angle and proper lighting. LOL :D
And as much as i love The X-files, I think this should be a last movie.
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Postby SpecialAgent88 » June 12th, 2010, 11:27 pm

I agree GD78, I'd really like Mulder and Scully to be reunited with their son William, it would be a really happy ending for M&S and the entire series, please CC make it happen.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88

Postby RedKryptonite » June 13th, 2010, 11:23 pm

I want to see the mythology resolved and the alien invasion plot foiled...permanently. Definitely some action, chases, and special effects but I definitely want to see Mulder and Scully doing some hardcore investigating, going to houses to interview people, finding dead bodies, etc.
RedKryptonite
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby ObfuscatedAgent » June 18th, 2010, 11:27 pm

I agree with all of the above lol. Especially, William and Scully back to her regular self. No more Emo Scully, as I affectionately call her for seasons 8 and 9. I also want to see them investigating together, "together" being the key word here. The team needs to be together professionally, and romantically of course ;)
Maybe there's hope.
ObfuscatedAgent

Postby JeSouhaite » July 10th, 2010, 12:58 pm

I want Mulder and Scully in XF3!
I want Skinner, Doggett and Reyes in XF3!
I want to see M&S working together in XF3. They seemed to be working on their own paths during IWTB. Although, I can appreciate the attempt to have two story-lines running through IWTB for complexity, I'd rather see a simpler plot where the agents work together to move it along.

If XF3 follows up on the mythology, it needs to be big budget with CGI and explosions and all sorts of fancy stuff. I also want Humor! XF3 better be funny.

Oh, and btw, I do NOT want to see Scully getting taken by the aliens/bad guys. We saw that already in FTF. So, don't even try it, CC.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby KEZMULDER » July 28th, 2010, 2:04 pm

I want

mulder and scully back at the FBI

No mention of William

A darin morgan script
FOLLOW MY BLOG :)http://kezgeek.blogspot.com/

FACEBOOK GROUP
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 366&v=wall
KEZMULDER
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby dodkalm09 » August 1st, 2010, 7:37 pm

We need to bring into XF3 everyone still alive in the conspiracy... especially Gibson Praise!!

Doggett and Reyes need to have major roles. Marita Covarrubias (sp?) and Jeffrey Spender need to be included too.

And wouldn't it be great if Billy Miles was brought back. He's not really dead, is he? He regenerated himself and faked his death, so... since he was in the pilot, having him in the final film would be a great wrap-up to the show.

In other words, I need a six-hour miniseries.
dodkalm09
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby JeSouhaite » August 1st, 2010, 8:02 pm

Ya know, the more and more I think about it... I really like the idea of a 6 hour mini-series. I mean, think about it... 6 hours is WAY better than 90 minutes.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby dodkalm09 » August 1st, 2010, 8:14 pm

Yeah! It could even be released as two separate films, part 1 and 2... I don't think there's any way to do the film without big-budget CGI, special effects, heavy action... a la FTF. It has to wrap up the mythology, dealing with all the characters left unresolved and the 2012 colonization.
dodkalm09
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby GillyDreamer78 » August 2nd, 2010, 7:55 am

I am for the 6 hours of X-files, i am all for it. But two seperate films, I don't know. I don't think i would be ready to wait again all that time in between the films, you know what I mean.
I think if we got 6 hours of X-files, it would be best to release it as mini series and show it on TV and then of course release it on DVD. I don't think that FOX would give a green light for two seperate movies. We will be lucky enough if they give a green light for the third movie we all want so badly.
GillyDreamer78

Postby SpecialAgent88 » August 2nd, 2010, 8:27 am

I'm just hoping they get the okay for X Files 3, that would be good enough for me. They really need to make the next movie very action packed, much more like a Star Trek movie and I think it would have a chance to be very successful. Mulder and Scully need to be an investigative team, no more issues with patients at a hospital or wondering what Mulder is going to do with his life. Just lots of CGI, explosions, car chases, FBI involvement, maybe even using new weapons that the FBI has issued, aliens and a little bit of romance between Mulder and Scully.

IWTB was not very successful and I've got the feeling that the FOX network thinks its former X Files fans have abandoned the franchise. The new movie must reach out to new fans to keep the franchise alive and to do that it must be exciting and action packed. Because hardcore X Files fans will see the new movie no matter what. Fox needs to attract a new generation of X Files fans and most of those fans are used to action and adventure movies and thats where the new movie needs to be geared and focused.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby muldersalias » August 30th, 2010, 4:47 pm

i want william back (for m and s, obviously). i want an epic resolution (or epic cliffhanger) about the Truth (with a capital t). i want the lone gunmen to not be dead (yes please!). none of IWTB's angst fest about the msr. it's been done, they're together (on a boat, lol). they need to move forward together to save the world because they've both become integral to that whole thing (hello, point of the show). oh, and gibson!

i'm on the fence about doggett and reyes being in xf3, though. because i never saw them as being central to the conspiracy. i think that if they had more time on the show it could've happened (and maybe what they did in the truth is enough to qualify them as being important, idk).

i agree with dodkalm (love your name, btw) and jx- a six hour miniseries would be sufficient to include everything i want. they just left everything in such disrepair at the end, and covered nothing in IWTB that is relevant to the mytharc. so i feel we need more than a 2 hour movie could provide.
look to the stars
let hope burn in your eyes
and we'll love, and we'll hate, and we'll die
all to no avail, all to no avail
-muse
muldersalias
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Agent Spooky » September 28th, 2010, 5:44 pm

ObfuscatedAgent wrote:I agree with all of the above lol. Especially, William and Scully back to her regular self. No more Emo Scully, as I affectionately call her for seasons 8 and 9. I also want to see them investigating together, "together" being the key word here. The team needs to be together professionally, and romantically of course ;)

Agreed on the romantically part ;) -- three words, make out scene, would be just fine :D -- hinting at more than that (as in sex) -- but not going too far, just them kissing and kidding around some what and then the screen blacks out and they're in bed talking and stuff.

Emo Scully -- I didn't see her that way this time. For me, that was her back in seasons 8 and 9. I thought she was rather human this time around.

Also agreed about them working together -- and NOT apart.
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby DkSMoTMaEs » October 2nd, 2010, 3:11 am

I want to know what happend to William,Dogget and Reyes and of course I would love to see it go back to the myth's that we all know and Love.
DkSMoTMaEs
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby scully_hair » October 5th, 2010, 1:59 pm

XF3 should NOT deal with the alien invasion, because that way, it would quickly turn into a crummy disaster movie with a predictable ending, where Mulder and Scully swoop in and save the day and then kiss passionately at the end. So if CC is planning on doing this, he might just as well move on to other projects, because that would suck.

I'd like to see another cool MOTW scenario, a sort of IWTB 2, only grander, more expensive and more supernatural. IWTB was really your typical thriller and this time around I want to see something more original, innovative and twisted.

Gillian just doesn't look like Scully with that long hair, so I'd like to see her with shorter hair. Mulder needs a face lift. He looks way too old.

I don't want Doggett in this movie, nor Reyes. Well, on second though, Doggett may appear, but the only way I'll approve of it, is if he gets cruelly murdered within five seconds.
scully_hair
Darin Oswald, Electricity

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 5th, 2010, 3:26 pm

Interesting post scully_hair, it seems you really like to think outside the box and really like to keep us on our toes. I believe this will be the final X Files movie and I’m sure it will be about the mythology because of the pending Alien invasion in December 2012. The entire series has been based on that date and it was the date that Mulder discovered in the mountain army base in the Truth. This date was so sacred to Mulder that he would rather take it to his grave than share this important date with Scully. The X Files should try and tie up all its loose ends with a final mythology episode, with Mulder and Scully saving the world and being reunited with William to complete their happy family in the end.

Now the Doggett comment is a little surprising, as he was a major part of the X Files in the final two seasons and became a believer in Mulder and Scully’s effort to find the truth. I don’t think CC would kill off a character such as Doggett in 5 seconds flat, as you say, because there is no reason to kill him off at this point. I don’t think FOX wants the final movie to be projected in a negative way because it already has a shrinking fan base. Hollywood is all about looking good and entertaining fans and it’s called good PR (public relations), so if by chance Doggett is in the movie, I doubt he will get killed off. Also, from your comment I’m guessing that Doggett is not one of your favorite characters.

Can I ask scully_hair when did you start watching the X Files?

I’ve been a fan since the Pilot first aired and Mulder is my favorite character with Scully a very close second. I enjoy all the different types of episodes and I will admit that some of my favorites are MOTW episodes.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby scully_hair » October 5th, 2010, 6:16 pm

SpecialAgent88 wrote: The X Files should try and tie up all its loose ends with a final mythology episode, with Mulder and Scully saving the world and being reunited with William to complete their happy family in the end.

I'm not big on happy endings. Or predictable ones. If FOX ever green-lights XF3, there's no doubt it will be about the aliens and it will of course get the very type of ending that I despise, which would completely ruin it imo. Plus, since none of the prequels performed well at the box office, the budget for XF3 would be way too low in order to make the alien invasion epic and memorable. What we'd get, would be a mediocre disaster movie that would almost surely flop commercially and dump all over The X-Files' legacy.

Now the Doggett comment is a little surprising, as he was a major part of the X Files in the final two seasons and became a believer in Mulder and Scully’s effort to find the truth. I don’t think CC would kill off a character such as Doggett in 5 seconds flat, as you say, because there is no reason to kill him off at this point. I don’t think FOX wants the final movie to be projected in a negative way because it already has a shrinking fan base. Hollywood is all about looking good and entertaining fans and it’s called good PR (public relations), so if by chance Doggett is in the movie, I doubt he will get killed off. Also, from your comment I’m guessing that Doggett is not one of your favorite characters.

That thing about Doggett was of course a joke. I dislike Doggett, so that's why I said that.

Can I ask scully_hair when did you start watching the X Files?

I have been watching since September 10, 1993.
scully_hair

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 5th, 2010, 6:47 pm

scully_hair, it's nice meeting another X Files fan from the Pilot, thank you.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby danascully1988 » October 6th, 2010, 3:18 pm

I have started up a petition to send to FOX, please sign it if you want TXF3 in 2012. so far we have 201 signatures in just over a week but we need more to make this count

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/x-f ... -2012.html

thank]
danascully1988

Postby Agent Spooky » October 7th, 2010, 5:18 pm

scully_hair wrote:XF3 should NOT deal with the alien invasion, because that way, it would quickly turn into a crummy disaster movie with a predictable ending, where Mulder and Scully swoop in and save the day and then kiss passionately at the end. So if CC is planning on doing this, he might just as well move on to other projects, because that would suck.

I'd like to see another cool MOTW scenario, a sort of IWTB 2, only grander, more expensive and more supernatural. IWTB was really your typical thriller and this time around I want to see something more original, innovative and twisted.

Gillian just doesn't look like Scully with that long hair, so I'd like to see her with shorter hair. Mulder needs a face lift. He looks way too old.

I don't want Doggett in this movie, nor Reyes. Well, on second though, Doggett may appear, but the only way I'll approve of it, is if he gets cruelly murdered within five seconds.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you there scully_hair. It's probably going to be about the invasion -- but I do agree that it shouldn't be a movie with a predictable ending.

Also disagree about the hair thing. I didn't mind it -- it was a change from what we were used to. As for Mulder needing a face lift :lol: -- thanks for the good laugh there :). I mean, come on -- he's 50. He's not a kid anymore. So his face looks older -- it's not a big deal there. As long as he can still play the part -- that's what really matters in the end -- same with her -- long hair or short (hopefully the former ;) -- since Mulder seemed to like it :P ).

Agent Spooky

Postby scully_hair » October 8th, 2010, 9:21 am

Agent Spooky wrote:It's probably going to be about the invasion

Well, of course it'll deal with the invasion. I'm just saying, that I personally don't want CC and co. going down that road.

As for Mulder...that "too-old-for-all-the-action" look he's sporting is a major turnoff and has to go.
scully_hair

Postby Agent Spooky » October 8th, 2010, 1:55 pm

scully_hair wrote:
Agent Spooky wrote:It's probably going to be about the invasion

Well, of course it'll deal with the invasion. I'm just saying, that I personally don't want CC and co. going down that road.

As for Mulder...that "too-old-for-all-the-action" look he's sporting is a major turnoff and has to go.

Don't blame ya there. But it's bound to happen.

Well -- like I'd said before, people do get older, and I don't blame him for feeling that way one bit -- not at all. After all he's been through -- himself and with Scully... if it were me, I'd probably be feeling the same way as well. It's called being human. He'll probably (along with Scully) get up the reserve and the get go to defeat the aliens and such... and William (along with Scully) will probably be (in part) the impetus for it.

Agent Spooky

Postby lamia » October 9th, 2010, 7:28 pm

What would I like to see?

No surprises on my list really: Mulder, Scully, William, Skinner, Doggett, Monica, Gibson, Mrs scully, shapeshifters, super soldiers, a spaceship here or there, a good o' investigation of some sort, a bit of a war, plenty of action.

I want the show's creators to respect their own creation - not budget contraints....

I want something that is as visually arresting as the cornfields at night of XF1, or the snowscapes of XF2 (although, I'd be quite happy if we stayed away from snow for XF3)

Actually, I want answers, resolution, emotional satisfaction; I want Mulder and Scully to finally get the feeling they've achieved something - that maybe, just maybe, the sacrifices they've made along the way were (almost) worth it.

I want all these things but I realise they come with at a price. I ask myself, "what makes The X-Files the X-Files?" I've debated this question for a long time and come to the conclusion what made the tv show the tv show I love will not work for the movie I want to see. The tv show posed a lot of questions but was expert at ducking answers ... ironically, it was expert at ducking the truth. Perhaps it did this because in its baldness, the truth is never as scary or mysterious as being left in the dark. Well, I want the movie to be brave. I want the shows creators to be brave and have answers ... to say this story is no longer a procedural investigation, this movie is about an invasion. It's time to change the parameters of the storytelling.

If a third movie were greenlighted I feel the creators would be doing a disservice to their own creation to ignore 2012. If they did go for a MotW stand alone then they'd better be absolutely sure that the idea behind it was worth it.

Even though I reckon a good percentage of the fanbase would feel cheated.
lamia
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby DkSMoTMaEs » October 10th, 2010, 9:03 pm

BABY WILLIAM!!! and Doggett and reyes and I know it's a long shot cause their dead but the lone Gunmen. and the myths.
DkSMoTMaEs

Postby Agent Spooky » October 12th, 2010, 3:00 pm

lamia wrote:What would I like to see?

No surprises on my list really: Mulder, Scully, William, Skinner, Doggett, Monica, Gibson, Mrs scully, shapeshifters, super soldiers, a spaceship here or there, a good o' investigation of some sort, a bit of a war, plenty of action.

I want the show's creators to respect their own creation - not budget contraints....

I want something that is as visually arresting as the cornfields at night of XF1, or the snowscapes of XF2 (although, I'd be quite happy if we stayed away from snow for XF3)

Actually, I want answers, resolution, emotional satisfaction; I want Mulder and Scully to finally get the feeling they've achieved something - that maybe, just maybe, the sacrifices they've made along the way were (almost) worth it.

I want all these things but I realise they come with at a price. I ask myself, "what makes The X-Files the X-Files?" I've debated this question for a long time and come to the conclusion what made the tv show the tv show I love will not work for the movie I want to see. The tv show posed a lot of questions but was expert at ducking answers ... ironically, it was expert at ducking the truth. Perhaps it did this because in its baldness, the truth is never as scary or mysterious as being left in the dark. Well, I want the movie to be brave. I want the shows creators to be brave and have answers ... to say this story is no longer a procedural investigation, this movie is about an invasion. It's time to change the parameters of the storytelling.

If a third movie were greenlighted I feel the creators would be doing a disservice to their own creation to ignore 2012. If they did go for a MotW stand alone then they'd better be absolutely sure that the idea behind it was worth it.

Even though I reckon a good percentage of the fanbase would feel cheated.

Couldn't have said that better myself :).

Definitely agree with the bolded though -- it's no longer what it started out to be... time to branch out there and don't be afraid of doing so.

Agent Spooky

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 12th, 2010, 6:55 pm

lamia,

I agree with many of the things you are saying, but I'm a little confused with this statement "It's time to change the parameters of the storytelling"? Could you explain what you mean? Thanks
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby lamia » October 19th, 2010, 5:18 am

SpecialAgent88 wrote:lamia,

I agree with many of the things you are saying, but I'm a little confused with this statement "It's time to change the parameters of the storytelling"? Could you explain what you mean? Thanks

Hi SpecialAgent88

As we all know, the regular show followed a specific formula; each week Mulder and Scully had a case to solve. By solving those cases they gradually uncovered more and more about the conspiracy which hinted very strongly at an invasion - but the story remained standard in the one-hour drama procedural: by in large, they investigated paranormal crimes.

If they ever go ahead with XF3 (and if I'm being honest, I'm starting to wonder), I sort of feel the story needs to be bigger than a procedural investigation - the story is too big for those confines.

If Mulder and Scully are going to pull off miraculous save, I find it hard to believe they're going to do it singlehanded. Actually, if the invasion turned out to be something that could be thwarted by two (admittedly) terrific ex-agents, that would leave me feeling cheated. The idea of invasion has been such a threat, such a menace, it needs to live up to its hype! I dunno. The scriptwriters have proven themselves wily dealers in the past - I'd love to see what they would create if given the opportunity.

I'm sure the investigation side of things could, would and should be incorporated into a great movie - but, dammit, I've been promised an invasion! An invasion (war) story is a little different to a crime drama - perhaps a little more latitude in storytelling? There's still similarities, and at the end of the day both have the audience asking, "how's it going to end?"

But the crime drama asks, "what happened?" Maybe the invasion story asks, "how do we solve this problem?"

In The Truth, Mulder apparently gets his answers ... now the question is, what does he do about it?

I don't know if this has been any help. I've started rambling - never good when trying to explain one's thoughts and feelings ... and I've got a few on the subject.

EDIT: Another thing I could say is, it's time for Mulder and Scully to stop being reactive and start being active. So far, most of their steps have been in response to what happens to them. If you know an invasion is coming (and you'd like to take a stab at surviving it) you'd probably start planning. As investigators, Mulder and Scully could play an obvious and important role on the intelligence-gathering side of things.
Last edited by lamia on October 19th, 2010, 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
lamia
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby lamia » October 19th, 2010, 5:26 am

Agent Spooky wrote:
lamia wrote:What would I like to see?

Definitely agree with the bolded though -- it's no longer what it started out to be... time to branch out there and don't be afraid of doing so.

Yeah - I feel like it's the natural progression the story has to take to stop from stagnating. And the great thing is, even if a third movie solves this particular alien threat, who knows what other extra-terrestrial threat might turn up in the future?
lamia
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 25th, 2010, 8:27 pm

lamia wrote:
EDIT: Another thing I could say is, it's time for Mulder and Scully to stop being reactive and start being active. So far, most of their steps have been in response to what happens to them. If you know an invasion is coming (and you'd like to take a stab at surviving it) you'd probably start planning. As investigators, Mulder and Scully could play an obvious and important role on the intelligence-gathering side of things.

lamia, you make some excellent points and I agree with your edit that Mulder and Scully need to stop being reactive and start being active, thanks for sharing.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby scully_hair » October 26th, 2010, 2:43 am

Dana Doggett wrote:
I do not want a happy ending for the main characters. When I first started watching TXF back in 1998 (summer) I decided then and there (after coming to better understand the mytharc and characters through reruns) that I want Mulder to give his life to save the world. I've been stuck on that idea ever since and anything less than that will leave me highly disappointed. Mulder is the hero, I want him to be a tragic hero, selfless in the end in order to save the ones he cares about the most.

+1.
scully_hair

Postby GillyDreamer78 » October 26th, 2010, 7:17 am

There is no need to kill any of the main characters. If Mulder or Scully die,I swear now and here, I will never watch "The X-files" again. I don't think CC would do something like that, fans would lynch him.
Second, no one cared about Monica Reyes. That is absolutely untrue, I liked her character and I know other people here and on other boards who liked her too. Just because you didn't like her character, you can't say no one else did.
Reducing Scully to a supporting role, now that totally pisses me off. It wouldn't be X-files anymore. X-files were not Mulder and Doggett, Scully and Doggett (except in season 8 and 9) or any other paring for that matter than Mulder and Scully. Don't get me wrong, I like Doggett but having him in the leading role together with Mulder and Scully in a supporting role, I don't believe I would ever watch if something like that happened. And I really doubt CC would do something like that.
And we need baby William. I don't see Mulder and Scully being heartless for wanting him back,they are his parents.
I agree about CC though. I would rather see someone else writing a script and directing a movie.
GillyDreamer78

Postby scully_hair » October 26th, 2010, 11:07 am

Dana Doggett wrote:I also really don't understand how some fans actually think that Mulder and Scully should tear William away from his adoptive parents. They are his parents now, not Mulder and Scully, and yes, I do think if M&S showed up and tried to take him back that that act would be heartless.

Agreed. William's adoptive family is the only family he's ever known and it would indeed be very heartless and selfish of M&S, if they just showed up on their doorstep one day and took William away.
scully_hair

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 26th, 2010, 11:10 am

Members,

Please keep in mind that XFU welcomes all discussions and encourages its members to post without hesitation their personal point of view. XFU welcomes controversial subjects and healthy debates; but any controversial remark towards another member is discouraged. XFU would like all members to honor and respect each others point of view and opinion. XFU will not tolerate attacks against other members, derogatory remarks or use of foul language.

Dana Doggett, thank you for your last post and your decision to edit your post to make it less controversial, your apology is accepted.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 26th, 2010, 4:00 pm

I would like to see another X Files movie and hope that it’s exciting with lots of explosions and guns blazing. I’m fairly certain none of the main characters will die during X Files 3 because what’s the point, it would tick fans off. The X Files in the eyes of Hollywood are a franchise and a profit machine for Fox. Mulder and Scully are a huge hit and have a very large science fiction fan base, why would Fox mess with this formula. Mulder and Scully are similar to the X- Men, Star Wars Characters or Batman, they are living breathing creatures and Fox wants the franchise to continue.

The next X Files film will have Mulder and Scully helping the FBI and they will be back as investigators, and the two of them will somehow stop the Alien invasion. Mulder and Scully will banter during their investigation and Scully will be kicking some Alien butt, she’ll take them out with a new FBI issued machine gun.

It would be nice to have all the old FBI players back for this one, including Doggett, Reyes and Skinner. They could be the ones keeping Mulder and Scully informed about the Alien invasion and the governments plan to stop it. Now as far as William, Mulder and Scully could somehow find him and just become a part of his life, nothing more.

I hope they give the green light for X Files 3 and that CC will not direct or write the movie. I think CC should give it to someone with more big screen movie experience that knows how to do a large production that’s exciting with lots of action.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby GillyDreamer78 » October 26th, 2010, 7:33 pm

A lot of explosions and guns blazing? No, I don't want that. Then Mulder and Scully and other characters will look like some kind of decoration or whatever you call it. Some explosions yes but I don't want that to be the main part of the movie.
GillyDreamer78

Postby lamia » October 27th, 2010, 5:48 am

I found myself agreeing with all sorts of comments made by everyone over the last week or so....

And then some of them made me hoot with laughter.

It's certainly a topic which fuels passionate outpourings - and sometimes, in those outpourings, subtlies of language are lost and comments are at risk of misinterpretation.

Like some, I'm doubtful a third movie will be made (come on, FOX - prove me wrong); if a movie does get made, I want to believe it will satisfy me - whatever the outcome (I'll enjoy any movie with a great story line and I'm prepared to be flexible in how I rate "great"). Until then I reserve a certain amount of skepticism.

In the meantime, as my own form of cathasis and because I wanted to put myself in the position of the scriptwriters/storyboarders to see how I would resolve integral plot questions - in a manner that satisfied my own love of epic tales, stories of grand emotional and physical sacrifices, and moral connumdrums and convictions* - I decided to try my hand at an X-Files colonization fic. That way, if a third movie doesn't get made, I've given myself closure - and I've only got myself to blame if I don't like the way it ends. :D

* hee hee - no one has a monopoly on lofty ambition!

I can recommend it as a fun - wonderfully frustrating - way to spend time waiting while the powers that be decide they've got enough vision to go ahead with XF3.
lamia
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Unicorn1013 » November 1st, 2010, 9:06 am

just ignore this, I posted it again by accident and now I cannot delete this one..
Last edited by Unicorn1013 on November 1st, 2010, 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
What can be imagined, can be achieved. We must dare to dream.

Wanna meet philes from all over the world in person? --> http://www.couchsurfing.com/group.html?gid=18980
Unicorn1013
Big Mike, Staff Vet

Postby Unicorn1013 » November 1st, 2010, 9:28 am

I vote for..... unicorns in XF3!!!!!!! Surprise, surprise :D

Apart from that, I belong to the mass of the simpleminded fans who could be satisfied with an alien invasion story and MSR. ;)
alien] hug]

And what else is on my wishlist:
a beardless Mulder, both really working together as a team, more of their legendary looks and conversations, more paranormal activity than in XF2, a coherent closure for all the open myth arc plot lines

And concerning Mulder dying a hero... I don't want anyone I have crush on to die *g* and I'd rather see the happily ever after ending for M&S. But once I made a music video myself about Scully grieving for her decease beloved one and I kinda liked all the strong emotions behind that. I don't know if I made it just because I was sad myself by this time or because I like the idea of Mulder dying more than I am willing to admit to myself.
Hmm, no, the more I think about it, maybe no dead Mulder in XF3, maybe he can spend some more time by Scully's side before she has to face the cruelty of spending eternity all alone without being able to follow the one into death ever.

What can be imagined, can be achieved. We must dare to dream.

Wanna meet philes from all over the world in person? --> http://www.couchsurfing.com/group.html?gid=18980
Unicorn1013
Big Mike, Staff Vet

Postby Lish31 » November 1st, 2010, 11:56 am

I don't think it would be necessary to include any mention or storyline concerning William or Samantha. I'm just not sure how they could include William except for the mentioning of his name like they did in IWTB - which I thought was a bit superficial (like the scenes of Mulder eating sunflower seeds or the pencils in the ceiling). To me, it felt a bit too forced upon the audience. I think it's pretty certain that if there is a 3rd movie, it will be dealing with colonization. I'm not sure how practical a William plot would be. I also wasn't a fan of the Samantha related aspects of IWTB. I know that she'll always be a part of Mulder, but doesn't anyone remember Closure?

I'd like to see Doggett and Reyes and Skinner, of course.

No more crying Scully, please!
All I'm asking is for a little "Don't think. Just pick up that phone and make it happen!"

As for the prospect of a heroes death, hmmm. If this is really going to be the end, then I could see the two of them giving their lives for everyone else. BUT they would both have to go together. It would be awful if just one of them died. I'm not saying that I want them to die, don't get me wrong, but if it came down to a choice, I think that they'd choose to be the heroes. The Lone Gunmen did it.
Lish31

Next

Return to XFiles 3