XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

I'm listening to...

Moderators: ItsOutThere, Quest

Re: I'm listening to...

Postby OneShoe » August 25th, 2014, 9:23 pm

I totally forgot Queen Latifah was in this movie version. I love her!
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » August 26th, 2014, 10:54 pm

OneShoe wrote:I totally forgot Queen Latifah was in this movie version. I love her!

She is amazing! I have most of her movies... I wanted to be her when i was younger, but I cannot sing to save myself. She is really good in the film "Bringing Down the House" with Steve Martin, oh and the Last Holiday!

Budapest by the amazingly talented, 18 year old George Ezra!
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby TruthIsOutThere » August 27th, 2014, 12:59 am

I love "Bringing Down the House"!
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby OneShoe » August 28th, 2014, 10:30 pm

I wanna go back to the 80s. Can I go back to the 80s, please??

I also was not playing air drums to Nelson earlier.
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » August 29th, 2014, 2:17 am

TruthIsOutThere wrote:I love "Bringing Down the House"!

It's definitely one of my favourite light-hearted movies (Great for when I don't want to concentrate too much!) - In saying that though, many of her movies are like that for me. But man does she have a good voice!

Howie: I'd like to dip you in Cheez Wiz and spread you all over a Ritz cracker, if I'm not being too subtle.
Charlene: Boy, you some kinda freaky!
Howie: Oh, you have no idea. You got me straight trippin', boo!

OneShoe wrote:I also was not playing air drums to Nelson earlier.

I do air guitar solos... but whenever I drum, it has to be on something whether that be my thighs, a table... anything I can literally get my hands on!
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere

Postby OneShoe » August 29th, 2014, 8:13 pm

ItsOutThere wrote:I do air guitar solos... but whenever I drum, it has to be on something whether that be my thighs, a table... anything I can literally get my hands on!

See, I can't actually keep the beat that well when I'm actually hitting stuff, especially when it comes to the drum fills. I mostly just flail my arms around. I did try to switch to air guitar when it got to the solo, but that just felt totally off, so I went back to my imaginary drumming.

In middle school I wanted to be a drummer so bad. I carried drumsticks around stuffed in my FRONT jeans pocket, and practiced on pillows at night. LOL
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » August 31st, 2014, 12:09 am

OneShoe wrote:In middle school I wanted to be a drummer so bad. I carried drumsticks around stuffed in my FRONT jeans pocket, and practiced on pillows at night. LOL

I used to be a "Drummer" back in the day. I was actually in a "girl band" - but we did covers of decent music - for two years. I dabbled in Drums, keyboard and vocals though I cannot sing to save myself so am not sure why I did that publicly. Obviously I had no concept of embarrassment back then!

I thought I would provide a few links to kiwi band Broods who just released their first album.
Hopefully some of you like their stuff. These are just my top three!

ItsOutThere

Postby OneShoe » August 31st, 2014, 9:28 am

ItsOutThere wrote:I thought I would provide a few links to kiwi band Broods who just released their first album.
Hopefully some of you like their stuff. These are just my top three!

Wow. These are really great songs, and the videos are really well done, also. I especially like the first video. I will definitely check out their album. Also, interesting side note: All three of those songs were used in the third season of MTV's Catfish, according to wikipedia. lol

And I'm going to officially say you have fantastic taste in music, so I hope you keep posting stuff, otherwise I end up listening to Nelson on repeat for nine hours, and that can't be good for anybody. :oops:
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » August 31st, 2014, 10:29 pm

OneShoe wrote:And I'm going to officially say you have fantastic taste in music, so I hope you keep posting stuff, otherwise I end up listening to Nelson on repeat for nine hours, and that can't be good for anybody.

Glad you enjoy it, though honestly I usually just listen to the "mainstream" stuff.. or bits and pieces referred to me by people who actually good taste in music. You should listen online to www.zmonline.com as that has a lot of the music I have posted too on here. (They're also on I Heart Radio)
ItsOutThere

Postby OneShoe » September 1st, 2014, 9:27 pm

ItsOutThere wrote:Glad you enjoy it, though honestly I usually just listen to the "mainstream" stuff.. or bits and pieces referred to me by people who actually good taste in music. You should listen online to http://www.zmonline.com as that has a lot of the music I have posted too on here. (They're also on I Heart Radio)

Oh yeah, see, that's my problem. I can't really stream that much music because I'm afraid I'll go over my data cap. Actually, I probably could, but I can't listen to music while I'm doing stuff on the computer. Can't concentrate. I used to have Spotify, but I decided I wasn't using it enough to pay for it. I loved satellite radio when I had it. Now I mostly pick my music from the best sellers at Amazon. God, I'm interesting.

But, yes, I will take your suggestion and try out one of those streaming sites. lol
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » September 4th, 2014, 8:20 pm

OneShoe wrote:But, yes, I will take your suggestion and try out one of those streaming sites. lol

Failing that, if you do not want to use your data, they have "ZM's top 40" every couple of weeks where they post the names of the top 40 songs for the period. Means that you could just type the name into iTunes and listen to the little demo?
ItsOutThere

Postby dnb_junkie » September 6th, 2014, 7:51 am

I'm not sure how to post a youtube video but I am listening to Hole - Live Through This the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YClwi85EtI
dnb_junkie
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby OneShoe » September 6th, 2014, 7:32 pm

dnb_junkie wrote:I'm not sure how to post a youtube video but I am listening to Hole - Live Through This the album

I think to post a YouTube video just use the last group of letters and numbers from the YouTube URL (in this case, the ones after v=) and put that in the youtube brackets.

[ youtube ]letters&numbers[ /youtube ]

(without the spaces) or y'know highlight them and click the youtube button up there. However you do it. Wow, I'm terrible at explaining things...sorry.

Anyway, "Violet" used to be one of my favorite songs (and probably still is) , but I haven't listened to the whole album in years.

This evening I've mostly listened to the Scorpions Greatest Hits.
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » September 6th, 2014, 8:52 pm

dnb_junkie wrote:I'm not sure how to post a youtube video but I am listening to Hole - Live Through This the album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YClwi85EtI

As OneShoe states, you take the letters and numbers that appear AFTER the "v=" (so in this case it would be "5YClwi85EtI"). Paste them in here, highlight then and then press the "Youtube" button. A big thank you to Agent Skulder for teaching me that my first week in here :)

I'm listening to Regina Spektors "You've got time" all thanks to the series "Orange is the new black" :
ItsOutThere

Postby dnb_junkie » September 7th, 2014, 8:09 am

OneShoe wrote:
dnb_junkie wrote:I'm not sure how to post a youtube video but I am listening to Hole - Live Through This the album

I think to post a YouTube video just use the last group of letters and numbers from the YouTube URL (in this case, the ones after v=) and put that in the youtube brackets.

[ youtube ]letters&numbers[ /youtube ]

(without the spaces) or y'know highlight them and click the youtube button up there. However you do it. Wow, I'm terrible at explaining things...sorry.

Anyway, "Violet" used to be one of my favorite songs (and probably still is) , but I haven't listened to the whole album in years.

This evening I've mostly listened to the Scorpions Greatest Hits.

Thank you. The mystery is solved ;)

I love Violet. I can listen to that album again and again.
dnb_junkie
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby ItsOutThere » September 7th, 2014, 6:51 pm

I'm listening to Leagues "Walking Backwards" from the OITNB Soundtrack!

ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » September 18th, 2014, 9:11 pm

Today is Sam Smith: Stay With Me
A bit slow and sad, however very catchy :). I'm loving the influx in young male artists with the ability to write meaningful and decent music at the moment. So much better than all this boy band, tweeny-bopper, Justin Beiber stuff that we have been flooded with over the past 5 years.

ItsOutThere

Postby dnb_junkie » September 30th, 2014, 6:08 am

I'm listening to Metric - Fantasies (the album) I tried to post the video as intructed but it still didn't work. I'm clearly useless at this kind of thing ;)
dnb_junkie
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby ItsOutThere » September 30th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Sorry about this OneShoe (I know you hate it), but this song has been in my head all afternoon...

ItsOutThere

Postby OneShoe » October 3rd, 2014, 4:54 pm

ItsOutThere wrote:Sorry about this OneShoe (I know you hate it), but this song has been in my head all afternoon...

Ha ha I don't hate it, but there are a few lines that make me cringe and/or roll my eyes.

However, that guy dancing in the video is AWESOME. He did the splits!
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » October 4th, 2014, 1:44 am

OneShoe wrote:However, that guy dancing in the video is AWESOME. He did the splits!

Here he is dancing to Pussycat Dolls "buttons"

ItsOutThere

Postby Sage97 » October 4th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Staind's acoustic version of So Far Away

Sculllaaayyy!!!
-Mulder
Sage97
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » October 6th, 2014, 6:54 pm

Sage97 wrote:Staind's acoustic version of So Far Away

Absolutely beautiful :)

I'm listening to Vin Deisel's rendition of "Stay With me" ...
Doesn't count as a song but it is equally as entertaining!
ItsOutThere

Postby OneShoe » October 6th, 2014, 9:33 pm

ItsOutThere wrote:Here he is dancing to Pussycat Dolls "buttons"

Is that the same guy? This is awesome as well. I can't even walk in high heels.

The Vin Diesel thing is great, too.

Sage97 wrote:Staind's acoustic version of So Far Away

I remember being so disappointed with that song back in the day because it seemed too positive compared to their previous stuff. lol

I've been playing the "Carl Poppa" song on repeat since ItsOutThere posted the Bad Lip Reading vid on the other thread. It really is super catchy, and I've considered making "Dur dur dur dee dur" into some kind of ringtone or alert on my phone, except that I always keep my phone on silent.

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » October 8th, 2014, 9:31 pm

OneShoe wrote:I've been playing the "Carl Poppa" song on repeat since ItsOutThere posted the Bad Lip Reading vid on the other thread. It really is super catchy, and I've considered making "Dur dur dur dee dur" into some kind of ringtone or alert on my phone, except that I always keep my phone on silent.

I love how well the music video has been done... also the fact that the "album name" is "Walkers be tripping". I'm glad you found it to be a catchy video though OneShoe. I'm always paranoid I post things that people aren't interested in!

OneShoe wrote:Is that the same guy? This is awesome as well. I can't even walk in high heels.

Yup I'm the same! I was in awe after watching those french male dancers on Britains got talent who dance only in heels. They were incredible, but I cannot even handle stairs in heels without a rail!!
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » October 10th, 2014, 4:29 pm

Sitting in the makeup chair having my hair done and I'm listening to the radio.
"Kings and Queens" by 30 Seconds to Mars.

I recently watched the documentary about these guys and how their record label had essentially made them bankrupt and had not paid them a cent (instead claiming they owed the company). It was a very interesting watch if you haven't seen it already, and gives an insight into what it is really like working in the Music Industry.
ItsOutThere

Postby OneShoe » October 10th, 2014, 9:39 pm

Halloween Mix 2006
Last edited by OneShoe on November 22nd, 2014, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » October 19th, 2014, 7:44 pm

I had a little bit of Nostalgia today after listening to "Just the Hits" and "Now that's what I call Music 1" (Not sure if you have those in America?) but it had some great little momentos on it. I had almost completely forgot about the following song by Aqua who are probably best known for the song "Barbie Girl"....

ItsOutThere

Postby OneShoe » October 19th, 2014, 11:52 pm

We definitely have the Now albums, although I think they may be different songs in different countries because I'm pretty sure our Now 1 had "Barbie Girl" on it. I used to buy these CDs every time they came out back before Amazon MP3. My sister still buys them.
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ItsOutThere » October 21st, 2014, 12:03 am

OneShoe wrote:We definitely have the Now albums, although I think they may be different songs in different countries because I'm pretty sure our Now 1 had "Barbie Girl" on it. I used to buy these CDs every time they came out back before Amazon MP3. My sister still buys them.

I know that they are the same between Australia and New Zealand however when my aunt was living in England she would send us over their versions which contained entirely different songs (I'm guessing based on their top 40 charts?). Anyway, they also were up to Now 70 when we were only on 12, and also had variations like "Now thats what I call 1980's". I have all of the New Zealand releases so 1 through to 46 :)
ItsOutThere

Postby OneShoe » October 22nd, 2014, 8:11 pm

I think the last one we got was 51.

Today's mp3 aquisitions:

Kim Cesarion - "Undressed" - (Mostly because I like the music and I'm a sucker for falsetto. I was a little put off by the lyrics, but then I was like "Pfft, I'll go with it.")

Ella Henderson - "Ghost"

Still in heavy rotation: Broods, "Carl Poppa", Taylor Swift - "Shake It Off", Mary J. Blige - "Suitcase" and No Doubt's Push and Shove album
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby dnb_junkie » November 1st, 2014, 3:13 pm

I'm listening to The Very Best Of The Doors. I would try to link but I still can't seem to manage it even after being told how.
dnb_junkie
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby ItsOutThere » November 8th, 2014, 2:35 am

Pentatonix - Winter Wonderland!
It's like Pitch Perfect but with half the people and less choreographed dance numbers!

ItsOutThere

Postby OneShoe » November 22nd, 2014, 8:23 pm

So, remember the little kid in Fight the Future who says "Cause y'all look like door-to-door salesmen."?

A couple of years ago, he was the lead singer for this band.

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » November 25th, 2014, 12:01 am

My screen doesn't show anything, OneShoe (it might be the settings). What band was/is he in?
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby OneShoe » November 25th, 2014, 8:57 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:My screen doesn't show anything, OneShoe (it might be the settings). What band was/is he in?

The name of the band is Scheme. Here's a link to the video:

http://youtu.be/VPgAd0Axpgw

There are a couple of live videos, but this is the only studio track I found. The Facebook page hasn't been updated in a couple of years.
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » November 27th, 2014, 6:11 pm

Cool. Thanks, OS!
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby dnb_junkie » November 28th, 2014, 1:44 pm

I am listening to Ed Rush & Optical - Sick Note.
dnb_junkie
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby OneShoe » December 9th, 2014, 5:21 pm

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby OneShoe » December 16th, 2014, 8:12 pm

My sister gave me some new music, including this album Aretha Franklin Sings the Great Diva Classics.

http://youtu.be/BcMYy-zc1VM

I love all versions of "Rolling in the Deep" that I've heard, but why on earth would anyone autotune Aretha Franklin??
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

PreviousNext

Return to "Not About XFiles" Discussion