OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist
OneShoe

Re: I'm listening to...

Postby OneShoe » January 8th, 2015, 8:43 pm

Song currently stuck in my head:

Maroon 5 - Coming Back For You
http://youtu.be/z8P3lBSa55o

I have faith someone will use this for a Mulder/Scully fanvid eventually.

ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » January 22nd, 2015, 3:25 am

While on camp last week we had an assortment of "celebrity guests" come to perform for the kids. One of these was kiwi singer / songwriter Jamie McDell and, since returning, her song has been played over the radio constantly.

I'm listening to... Jamie McDell "Crash"

(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist
OneShoe

Postby OneShoe » January 23rd, 2015, 12:50 am

ItsOutThere wrote:While on camp last week we had an assortment of "celebrity guests" come to perform for the kids. One of these was kiwi singer / songwriter Jamie McDell and, since returning, her song has been played over the radio constantly.

I'm listening to... Jamie McDell "Crash"

Love the song! Now if they'd just make it available in the US for purchase...

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist
OneShoe

Postby OneShoe » March 3rd, 2015, 10:03 pm

I'm really into this Nick Jonas album, particularly this song "Push"...

http://youtu.be/HFkvpWD5toM

dnb_junkie
dnb_junkie
Duane Barry, Chauffeur
dnb_junkie

Postby dnb_junkie » March 4th, 2015, 6:15 am

I am listening to Death in Vegas. Soul Auctioneer is currently playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUdtvVVwpQQ

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist
OneShoe

Postby OneShoe » April 19th, 2015, 11:17 am

My current playlist is a weird mix of Kelly Clarkson, deadmau5, Breaking Benjamin, club mixes and a few country songs.

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist
OneShoe

Postby OneShoe » May 8th, 2015, 8:05 pm

I'm a little behind the times here, but I really like this "Ghosttown" song by Madonna. I haven't really been excited about a Madonna song in over 10 years probably, but I might check into the latest album...

Cool video with Terrance Howard, too.

https://youtu.be/GgDxv0Qg_Rg

ItsOutThere
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » May 10th, 2015, 9:12 pm

Wow it's been a while since I've posted in here! So much so that I haven't posted the two songs that have been following me around since February... So lets begin shall we.

1) Hozier - Take Me to Church

2. Sam Smith - Stay With Me

May I also add that I saw Sam Smith in concert late last month and he was absolutely fantastic; one of those artists who is better live than on their album. He had three back up singers, a guitarist, bassist, Piano and drummer but half way through everybody left the stage except him and the piano which was truly beautiful.
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)

dnb_junkie
dnb_junkie
Duane Barry, Chauffeur
dnb_junkie

Postby dnb_junkie » May 22nd, 2015, 9:15 am

I'm listening to Smashing Pumpkins - Soma.

ScullyIsMyAunt
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development
ScullyIsMyAunt

Postby ScullyIsMyAunt » May 23rd, 2015, 6:41 am

Been listening to a lot of Sleeping at Last lately. I love classic 60s,70s,80s songs. They often give a different perspective to the song. My favorite one right now is "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" covered by Bootstraps.

xfileslovaa5
xfileslovaa5
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner
xfileslovaa5

Postby xfileslovaa5 » May 24th, 2015, 8:43 pm

http://www.vmusic.com.au/lyrics/bo-bice ... 92641.aspx <<<<<< bo bice with lyricsssssssss ahhhmazing

ItsOutThere
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » June 2nd, 2015, 4:29 pm

Times have changed since I went through my little "Emo phase" back in the 2000's and so has the style of this band... I've been listening to the new album by Fall Out Boy who you may remember from the song 'Thanks for the memories'... I think I like it?

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist
OneShoe

Postby OneShoe » June 28th, 2015, 9:59 pm

I have been listening to the new Hilary Duff album and the new Adam Lambert album.

https://youtu.be/V7TUyg2qcSg

https://youtu.be/53zsE2agB_I

ItsOutThere
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » July 1st, 2015, 9:51 pm

From artist HOZIER who bought us the song "Take me to church" comes his new singling "Someone new".

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist
OneShoe

Postby OneShoe » July 14th, 2015, 8:33 pm

I'm in a Patty Griffin kind of mood today.

dnb_junkie
dnb_junkie
Duane Barry, Chauffeur
dnb_junkie

Postby dnb_junkie » August 13th, 2015, 7:23 am

I'm currently listening to Metric - Handshakes

Andrew80
Andrew80
Rob Roberts, Food Service
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » August 15th, 2015, 11:46 am

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQO7QIgNvA0

I might be a nerd, but nothing beats Wagner.

ItsOutThere
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » September 10th, 2015, 8:48 pm

I had written a list to OneShoe of my music recommendations for this month so thought I would add a few onto here in case anybody else would like to have a listen.

1) "Are you with Me" - Easton Corbin
2) "Are you with me remix" - Lost Frequencies
3) Peanut Butter Jelly - Gallantis
4) Hula Hoop - Omi
5) Am I Wrong - Nico & Vinz

The video I am going to share is the country version of "Are you with me" performed by Easton Corbin. There is also a 'remix' done by Lost Frequencies which is very catchy and certainly a lot 'faster'. I've attached the link to that version below the video for Easton :-)

Lost Frequencies Version... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjHMDlAPMUw

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist
OneShoe

Postby OneShoe » September 15th, 2015, 6:11 pm

ItsOutThere wrote:I had written a list to OneShoe of my music recommendations for this month

Yeah, thanks for the list. stro] I like most of the songs. Except maybe that Peanut Butter Jelly song. That's a lil weird. lol I do like the Easton Corbin song a lot.

Some other songs on this month's playlist.

Beck - "Dreams"
Phases - "I'm in Love With My Life" (The video is really cool.)
Zedd - "Beautiful Now"
Sick Puppies - "Healing Now" - https://youtu.be/ghbvY5XucUY

ItsOutThere
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » September 15th, 2015, 9:36 pm

OneShoe wrote: Yeah, thanks for the list. stro] I like most of the songs. Except maybe that Peanut Butter Jelly song. That's a lil weird. lol I do like the Easton Corbin song a lot.

Haha the Peanut Butter Jelly one is always played in Bars and Clubs over here so you get rather addicted to it. The video clip though is one of the strangest things I have ever seen in my life. People randomly stripping off their clothes into leotards in a shopping centre; its funny but the person who thought of it must have been high at the time.

ItsOutThere
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » October 27th, 2015, 3:27 pm

I can't stop watching this, purely because I love dancing but also because Paris Goebel is a kiwi and we must support her.... She was on my flight back from L.A. and the flight attendant kept saying "sir" when trying to get her to the counter.

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist
OneShoe

Postby OneShoe » October 29th, 2015, 9:31 pm

ItsOutThere wrote:I can't stop watching this, purely because I love dancing but also because Paris Goebel is a kiwi and we must support her.... She was on my flight back from L.A. and the flight attendant kept saying "sir" when trying to get her to the counter.

Shouldn't you support her by spelling her name right? PARRIS. Two R's. ;)

I feel like I need a chiropractor after watching this...but it's strangely addictive. And also I actually like the song.

ItsOutThere
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » November 15th, 2015, 8:34 pm

OneShoe wrote:Shouldn't you support her by spelling her name right? PARRIS. Two R's.

Someone had their daily dose of sass for breakfast didn't they!
Either Way, I know her name, and it's not like google wont correct it anyway.

Of course, the Justin Beiber CD came out on Friday so that is what I have been listening too all weekend. You can see why he released his first few songs before the CD because those are probably the only ones that will be played on the radio (oh and the one that was written by Ed Sheran).

"My momma don't like you, and she likes everyone"

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » November 16th, 2015, 1:21 am

So ItsOutThere, are you (like DD) a Belieber? :)

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist
OneShoe

Postby OneShoe » November 16th, 2015, 10:33 pm

ItsOutThere wrote:Someone had their daily dose of sass for breakfast didn't they!

Sorry. I was out of cereal.

My current playlist is mostly songs from Scream: The TV Series soundtrack and Oh Wonder (who songs were featured on the show, but not included on the soundtrack.)

ItsOutThere
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » December 1st, 2015, 7:47 pm

OneShoe wrote:My current playlist is mostly songs from Scream: The TV Series soundtrack and Oh Wonder (who songs were featured on the show, but not included on the soundtrack.)]

I started watching the TV series "Scream" on Netflix but only got a couple of episodes into it before going to bed, and have never really picked it up again. Is it worth sticking through the series for?

They're doing "Throwback Afternoon" on the radio station I'm listening too which is great. Especially because I love grooving along to 90's nostalgia.

OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist
OneShoe

Postby OneShoe » December 11th, 2015, 8:58 pm

ItsOutThere wrote:I started watching the TV series "Scream" on Netflix but only got a couple of episodes into it before going to bed, and have never really picked it up again. Is it worth sticking through the series for?

Hmm...Well, it was fun to watch for me and my sister. It's very much in the teen drama/mystery genre, and the tone is different from the movies. It requires some suspension of disbelief for sure, but it had likable characters. It had a few surprises, but overall it wasn't anything mind-blowing. The did mention The X-Files in one episode, but I don't really remember in what context. We had planned to rewatch it to see if we picked up on clues that we missed, but we haven't yet.

barchick
barchick
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator
barchick

Postby barchick » February 9th, 2016, 8:55 am

What do you mean - Justin Bieber.... kids these days! My daughter is listening to some playlist.

Do you remember when kids had taste in music? I personally miss the days of Jimmy Eat World and 90s post-grunge. I hope we get a resurgence of the trend.

ItsOutThere
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » March 3rd, 2016, 3:56 pm

Current two songs that I love replaying in the office.

Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
Lukas Graham - 7 Years

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » March 4th, 2016, 4:21 pm

My daughter was listening to 21 Pilots (and told me about them) long before they hit it big.

I love Stressed Out, too!

ItsOutThere
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » March 22nd, 2016, 2:14 pm

TruthIsOutThere wrote:My daughter was listening to 21 Pilots (and told me about them) long before they hit it big.
I love Stressed Out, too!

It's a great song!
It's always the way though; someone knows of a band before they hit it big. I used to watch Flight of the Concords play live gigs here in New Zealand (With much, much better versions of the songs they do on their show), well before anyone heard of them / they were given their own show.