XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

X-Files Books

Moderators: ItsOutThere, TruthIsOutThere

X-Files Books

Postby TruthIsOutThere » December 27th, 2011, 2:47 pm

I could have put this in the "Books, Magazines, and Video" section, but I felt it fits better here.

I love to read, but I often spend any bits of downtime in front of the TV (now having Netflix and a gazillion choices added to cable makes it even harder, as I've got a list a mile long of things to watch). But to still get some reading in I try to read for a bit (even if it's just a few minutes) before I go to sleep at night.

By my bed I've got quite the stack of X-Files books, almost all of them non-fiction.

Right now I'm in the middle of a bunch of them, but the main one I read on every night (and am almost finished with) is "Wanting to Believe". It's one of the best XF books I've read, as it gives a short summary of each episode (including every one from The Lone Gunmen and Millenium, as well as both movies), and then gives a detailed analysis/commentary on that episode.

I've also started "The Philosophy of the X-Files", and I'm in the middle of the last Official Guide (I think of Season 7, which I've been slowly plugging away at for many years), plus I've started re-reading the XF comic book series. Added to the stack I got two new XF books for Christmas (We Want to Believe; Faith and the Gospel in the X-Files and Alone in the Universe?).

Anybody else read X-Files stuff almost every day?
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Re: X-Files Books

Postby jodeci5150 » September 6th, 2015, 9:00 pm

I recently got all of the 'official' guide books, through season 7. I've been using them as a companion to my re-watch and I love the tidbits and dialog from CC and others involved with each episode
Does anyone know why there isn't an 'official' guide for seasons 8 & 9? or if there are and I just can't seem to find them?? The first 2 books are done by Brian Lowrey, 3 by Andy Meisler, and the last by Adam Shapiro

the only other x files book I have is X Files Confidential by Ted Edwards
#Trust No One
#Hipsbeforehands
jodeci5150
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby TruthIsOutThere » September 11th, 2015, 10:59 am

I love those guide books, jodeci5150, especially the earlier ones. The later ones were way too detailed, mostly with exact breakdowns of the episodes themselves. I've never seen ones for the last few years of the show, and I don't think they were ever made (though I wish they had).

I picked up a hardback of the novel "Ruins" that I'd like to read someday.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby jodeci5150 » September 15th, 2015, 3:48 pm

I've never seen ones for the last few years of the show, and I don't think they were ever made (though I wish they had).--
thanks for that info! I've been searching everywhere. seasons 8 and 9 were where I drifted away originally and the books certainly would have helped! As much as I've watched and rewatched seasons 1-7, I don't remember ever rewatching 8 or 9 so I will just have to make sure to pay full attention!
#Trust No One
#Hipsbeforehands
jodeci5150
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby TruthIsOutThere » October 30th, 2015, 5:02 pm

I don't know if any of you have seen this, but a few weeks ago I purchased the new book Trust No One from Amazon; it is published by IDW (the same people who make the comics). I've been reading (and enjoying) it.

It's great to see new product, and I'm hopeful there will be more as the revival nears! :sun
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby TruthIsOutThere » December 19th, 2017, 2:00 pm

I finished Trust No One, and am now reading another anthology of short stories called The Truth is Out There. When I finish that one, I'll move on to another called Secret Agendas.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Return to XFiles in Distribution: Books, Music, Games, DVD/Blu-Ray