XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Promote Your Website/Blog/Facebook/Twitter...

Re: Promote Your Website/Blog/Facebook/Twitter...

Postby reyesphile » September 26th, 2011, 9:30 am

reyesphile
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby Agent Skulder » September 26th, 2011, 3:59 pm

reyesphile - Thanks for your links! And for running her fan site...

We've included your site's link in the Gish / Reyes category under "Social Media" - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1869#p47807

By any chance do you also run a site for Robert Patrick? The layout and "feel" is similar - unless it's just the same platform (code).... http://robert-patrick.ws/
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby reyesphile » September 27th, 2011, 5:41 am

Agent Skulder, thank you :) Site of Robert Patrick is runned by Natalie (Adriana Deimos).
reyesphile
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby Dianne » September 27th, 2011, 2:43 pm

I added one more in my post on the previous page, cuz now I have Tumblr too :-P
http://didyoujustbleepthat.tumblr.com/
"I'm tired of people needing a reason for everything they do in their lives. Do it because you want to, cause it's fun and it makes you happy"
Dianne
Big Mike, Staff Vet

Postby smoking man 2012 » October 20th, 2011, 2:23 pm

Hi, big fan of X files. I am a filmmaker. I got thinking a few years ago about what got mulder
into the x files. Wrote a story and shot a trailer with other filmmaker friends of mine.the story
is THE MULDER CHRONICLES Takes place summer of 1986 the year Mulder joins the academy.

the website for the trailer is http://www.themulderchronicles.com

love to find out what you guys think of it. And listen lets all try to get the new movie
x files 3 2012 off the ground cancer] cancer]
smoking man 2012
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby Agent Skulder » October 21st, 2011, 2:13 am

Welcome to XFilesUniverse Smoking Man! Unfortunately Flash and Apple don't play well together, so I can't view your trailer but our PC users should have no problem. One suggestion would be uploading the trailer to YouTube.... ? That's where most "XF3 trailers" live and get the most visibility.

Have you been following the various campaigns for XF3 that have been going on since around ... 2009? Just google XF3 and you'll see what's out there. Currently there are monthly tweet fests and campaigns which pop up on different search engines.

There's lots to explore here - why not introduce yourself (in the Introduce Yourself section... ) and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Triangle42 » February 20th, 2012, 9:50 pm

This is a cool idea!

The only place I can really think to promote is my band's Facebook page and Bandcamp. We're what you'd call a 'wizard rock' band, that is, we write songs about the Harry Potter universe. All our tunes are parodies of popular hits.

Recently, however, we've started to branch off into other "nerdy" territories, including Doctor Who, The Office, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'm currently writing several X-Files parodies that I hope to upload soon. Check us out/Like us! :)

http://www.facebook.com/8thhorcrux
http://the8thhorcrux.bandcamp.com/

Also, if you're interested, I like to edit Wikipedia and this page details all of my contribution to the X-Files pages! Woo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Gen._Quon/Good_Articles
Triangle42
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby Agent Skulder » February 20th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Hey Triangle, you've been busy! What does it mean in Wiki that you have GAs (good articles) "pending?" Is there a team who double checks your sourcing? I've always wondered just how the wiki gets into Wikipedia...
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Triangle42 » February 21st, 2012, 1:19 pm

Basically, yes. What I do is I collect the various books, articles, reviews, etc. and organize them neatly and correctly into the article. Then, I submit the article for GA (which stands for Good Article), but before it is promoted, it is peer-reviewed by others to make sure the spelling and grammar is correct and the information isn't faulty. If it passes, it is promoted; if not, the process stars again. The GA is the second highest level of credibility on Wikipedia, after a Featured Article. It's a lot of work, but it sure is enjoyable!

I've been really focusing on the latter part of the series. Season 1 and 2 are either completely promoted or nearly promoted, respectively. Season 8 and 9 are in serious need of repair. I've nearly finished promoting Season 6 and I'm going to start on Season 7 soon.
Triangle42
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby TruthIsOutThere » February 21st, 2012, 9:12 pm

I had no idea there were such things as "Good Article"; that's really interesting to hear how it works.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, Triangle! :)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Triangle42 » February 22nd, 2012, 12:14 pm

No problem! I'm such a X-Phile now that it truly is enjoyable to research all the different episodes.
Triangle42
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby agentscarecrow » April 25th, 2012, 11:29 am

Hello pplz.Your gonna have to forgive me I am very new to this.There's a bit more to me than meets the eye.I am a artist,singer,rapper and I just made a band that's gonna practice on this saturday.I love the X Files has, got to be one of my favorite shows.Love the idea of conspiracy in it.I am also a writer (Even though I sadly feel that my writing is whatevers) which I am writing a fan fiction of the X Files .Yea, I am into paranormal stuff as well also dealt with it and the X Files really boost my desire to investigate the unknown.I had a photo of ghost that could be my dead uncle but it got deleted.Oh well, anyways yea here's my tweeter...

https://twitter.com/
agentscarecrow
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby TruthIsOutThere » April 25th, 2012, 3:13 pm

Welcome, agentscrarecrow! :)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby agentscarecrow » April 25th, 2012, 7:39 pm

Wooooo Hoooooo !
agentscarecrow
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby SpecialAgent88 » May 2nd, 2012, 10:06 pm

agentscarecrow, Welcome to X Files Universe.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby kevinicity » July 29th, 2013, 5:04 pm

here is my site
www.gameland2.com

check it out and register.
kevinicity
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby ImzadiR1 » January 4th, 2018, 4:28 am

Hello. I just discovered your message board a few days ago. I do have a website. It is called MINDBOGGLER.
http://imzdiradenoy.tripod.com/index.html
I am not only a fan of The X-Files, but I am also an abductee/contactee. I prefer to call myself a
"recruit", which sounds better. Someone set me up from birth with this situation. I am somewhat "living the X-Files". Fortunately, the aliens I have come in contact with are "good guys". According to what Chris Carter said when the X-Files first came on TV, the writers take news stories about paranormal events and then elaborate on them. In my case, it is usually a rather calm life. 8-)
ImzadiR1
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself