XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Who Collects XFiles Trading Cards?

Discussion about the XF History

Who Collects XFiles Trading Cards?

Postby maurisap » January 8th, 2011, 8:59 pm

I've decided to start collecting XFiles trading cards. Does anyone here collect them? I need a primer...what to look for, if there are cards that are more rare, what was available at the time, etc.

Any websites that you know of that would be helpful?

Thanks!
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
]
maurisap
Site Admin

Re: Who Collects XFiles Trading Cards?

Postby GillyDreamer78 » January 9th, 2011, 9:27 am

I collect them. I have season 6 and 7 basic set (two of them actually, I could give one set away), IWTB basic set ( I can give one away too here). I have FTF basic set too. Then I have some really rare Scully/GA ones, with a piece of clothes she wore on the show, Frank Spotnitz autographed one and the actor who played Morris Fletcher too, the autographed one. I have some others too.
I want to have Gillian Anderson auographed card too but it's so damn expensive.
EDIT: I have "Connections" basic set too.

You cab buy them on eBay, maurisap!
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Postby maurisap » January 9th, 2011, 2:51 pm

I bought season 8 set and the connections set on ebay.

As I look at ebay, I see that there are Inkworks cards, Topps cards, some that seemed to come with magazines...I'm not sure if a set = basic set that still needs to be filled in more or if that really is all of them.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
]
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby gorgclaud » January 12th, 2011, 9:53 am

yeah i Topps started them. Made season 1 to 3, then didnt produce them for YEARS.

Then Inkworks took over with Season 4 and 5 as one set, season 6 and 7 as another and so on.

I used to have them all, ring binders, hollowgraphic and all that jazz. Brilliant collection. So much fun. But I grew up and gave them away...which i FULLY regret... :cry:
gorgclaud

Postby AlienPrincess » July 11th, 2011, 1:32 pm

I do too but I don't have ss3 and the IWTB movie set or the connetions yet.. I've been looking on ebay for some. I have the CCG'S too. Even though I never learned how to play it LOL
I'm in love with Assistant Director Walter Skinner
AlienPrincess
Holman Hardt, Rain King

Postby TruthIsOutThere » December 14th, 2011, 5:02 pm

I didn't even realize that there were cards made for the later seasons. I've got all of the earlier sets (Seasons 1-4, I think). Might have to check eBay and other places; if they're priced right I might consider getting these others.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Return to XFiles History