XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

X-Files Nielsen Ratings

Discussion about the XF History

X-Files Nielsen Ratings

Postby Triangle42 » February 16th, 2012, 9:28 am

Hey everyone! Sorry if this thread has been posted before, but I have a question on the ratings for the show.

Currently, I'm a member of the X-Files Project on Wikipedia that is striving to create a reliable and comprehensive list of all episodes, characters, etc. I've run into a little snag, however.

I have all of the season companion books, but the first, second, eighth, and ninth season Nielsen ratings (as in millions of people who watched the episode, not share rate or millions of households) are unavailable. I was wondering if "The Complete X-Files: Behind the Series the Myths and the Movies" has ratings info, and if so, could anyone fill me in on the missing seasons. Thank you ever so much!
Triangle42
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Re: X-Files Nielsen Ratings

Postby Agent Skulder » February 16th, 2012, 10:49 am

Hi Triangle! Not sure who might have Nielsen info here. Often when we're hunting down this sort of data we hit different search engines which I'm assuming your group is doing... A few of our members are "numbers driven" so once they read this I'm sure they'll jump in.

Couple of suggestions... Two sites that are sometimes research treasure troves are BigLight and XFilesNews. Each has comments areas, so you can "post" your question there, too. Also, XFU opened in June 2010. But IdealistsHaven opened in 1998. That's a closed site but joining takes 24 hours to register - they've got lots of original, detail driven members, so you can also join & ask there... Not just in thread, I'd also use their Contact Us link at page bottoms and ASK their Admin.

If you get a chance, why not visit the Introduction thread near the bottom of the Index Page and let everyone get to meet you? Our lighted Icons forgot to pay their energy bill :) so you might also want to ask this same question there... Any questions, let us know!
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby TruthIsOutThere » February 16th, 2012, 1:08 pm

Welcome, Triangle. And I'll try to remember to take a look at my "The Complete X-Files" book when I get home tonight, to see if the info you asked for is in there. :)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Triangle42 » February 20th, 2012, 9:43 pm

Awesome, thanks for the info, I will certainly do that. Give me the heads up if you find anything.
Triangle42
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby TruthIsOutThere » February 21st, 2012, 9:29 pm

Finally remembered to look when I was at home, Triangle. Unfortunately (for you), it doesn't appear to have that info. :(

Looking through the book again, I'm again reminded how beautiful it is. One of my most prized XF possessions, it is indeed an absolute marvel! :-o
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Agent Skulder » February 21st, 2012, 11:00 pm

Triangle -

I don't mean to repeat myself but contacting XFilesNews.com may legitimately be your best bet. While XFN may not know, they have a reporting relationship with FOX (who recognizes them as the Official X Files Site.)

Just create an actual letter in case the site rep forwards your request to FOX.
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Triangle42 » February 22nd, 2012, 12:07 pm

Alright, thanks guys. I'll give the X-FilesNew steam a shout and see if I can get anything. You all have been a huge help! :)
Triangle42
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby LeMartien » May 21st, 2012, 4:22 am

LeMartien
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby Triangle42 » June 25th, 2012, 6:41 pm

Alas, that's what I've been using, but since it's from a fansite, it doesn't really count as "reliable" (ie, third party, edited, legit publisher, etc.) Thank you though! :)
Triangle42
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Return to XFiles History