XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

The Best Fictional Scientists From TV and Movies

The Best Fictional Scientists From TV and Movies

Postby GillyDreamer78 » January 20th, 2012, 3:04 pm

Dana Scully has been chosen as one of the best scientists on TV or movies of all time by Wired Science.

Agent Dana Scully, The X-Files

If ever there was a set up on television of the clash between science and faith, it was The X-Files.

Agent Fox Mulder was driven by his unflappable faith that extraterrestrials were real, and his sister was abducted by aliens -- and all of this was covered up by the government. He was a rogue agent who didn’t need any scientific proof to follow his mission. Agent Dana Scully, on the other hand, was assigned to be Mulder’s partner to debunk his paranormal work in The X-Files. She was a scientist and was always looking for the facts of a situation and the most logical, scientific explanation -- and not jumping on the first crackpot theory that Mulder or his buddies, the Lone Gunmen would expound.

However, what made Scully so interesting as a scientist was her ability to keep her mind open to possibilities that were in direct conflict with conventional science, something that all scientists should always do. She would not buy into Fox’s arguments without the burden of proof, but when it was there, when she could see the evidence, she did not allow preconceived notions to cloud her judgment. Sure, after awhile the series was derailed into Jesus imagery and nonsense, but during the early run of The X-Files, Scully was science personified (with a handgun).

-- Erik Klemett

Click HERE to see the full list.
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Re: The Best Fictional Scientists From TV and Movies

Postby Agent Skulder » January 20th, 2012, 5:42 pm

It's great and interesting to see this character continue to make "short" lists. Ten years from now I doubt we'll see the Fringe or Bones characters anywhere except Walmart sale bins... Scully was the first female trailblazer.
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby SpecialAgent88 » January 20th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Scully gets my vote for being the best Fictional Scientists, glad she made the list, so well deserved.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby TruthIsOutThere » January 21st, 2012, 5:58 am

Great article! It's nice to see our beloved characters still getting their due. They may be gone (for now), but they're not forgotten! scully]
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby LondonLady » March 22nd, 2012, 10:14 pm

Scully rules, and she always will. scully]

The list wouldn't load for me, so I couldn't read it, but I also really like Miles Dyson from,
"Terminator 2: Judgement Day." I hope that he's on the list as well.
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012
LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director

Postby LondonLady » March 22nd, 2012, 10:24 pm

I just opened the list, and saw the thumbnails for the characters on it. Miles Dyson didn't make it. Oh, well.

However, I love this quote: "Scully was science personified (with a handgun)."
Brilliant!
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012
LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director

Return to XFiles: Magazines, Articles, Reviews, Blogs, Etc