XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Registration or Log In Issues

Registration or Log In Issues

Postby maurisap » December 14th, 2011, 11:55 pm

If you have registered but not been approved yet, please catch me on facebook in the XFiles Universe page or you can email me. This site gets an unbelievable number of spammers trying to register. I check registration every 1-3 days, and sometimes I have 16-18 pages (or more) to read through and try to verify as a real person.

To email me, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Team". Then click on "maurisap" and you can choose to email me.

Same thing if you can't get logged in- please email me.

I am sorry for any problems this may cause. We are working on a solution to this delay.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Re: If You've Registered and Haven't Been Approved...

Postby Agent Skulder » December 16th, 2011, 12:02 am

Suggestion - is there a way to add this text to the registration page? If so, include an instruction to "print or save this page" in case the user doesn't hear anything promptly.

Most active members know about this section, but a frustrated new user waiting for confirmation may not think to open this thread as a Guest... If it's also on the screen where they register, they may print it or jot down the FB page name.
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby TruthIsOutThere » December 23rd, 2011, 2:11 pm

I'll second this idea by Agent Skulder! As one of those people that had to wait, I know such a process would have made it easier to be patient. :)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby SpecialAgent88 » December 23rd, 2011, 4:45 pm

New Members,

X Files Universe has activated the option for a Question/Answer section of the registration process. We have questions entered, hopefully this will make the spammer problem disappear!

This will help us register new members much quicker and easier, we have been having a nightmare with SPAM and it was taking forever to clear up the registration page.

Thank you for your patience, it should be a much smoother sign-in process now.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby Analyzer » April 4th, 2014, 5:58 pm

maurisap wrote:To email me, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Team". Then click on "maurisap" and you can choose to email me.

After I registered, I tried to go to the "Team" page, but of course it didn't let me view it because I'm not an active member. I had to find your e-mail address on google and contact you. So my suggestion would be to also post your e-mail address somewhere for new members to see, because it would make the whole thing much easier for them.

I am sorry for any problems this may cause. We are working on a solution to this delay.

I believe there are certain scripts you can install which minimize spammers.
Analyzer
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Return to Guidelines, Site Issues, and Q&A