XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Problems in Paradise?

Problems in Paradise?

Postby maurisap » July 22nd, 2010, 9:33 am

Hey everyone

I was on another XF site that I visit and read a comment there that made me think. The comment was about wars on another site that the member visited.

And you know what? It made me CRINGE because I can too well remember when the old XFU had wars, or hurt feelings, or miscommunicated responses.

So-- Just to prevent that from every happening on this new XFU...if there is ever a problem, please pm me to let me know because I WILL get it resolved. If you aren't comfortable bringing it to my attention, pm Je Souhaite or any of the other moderators.

Thank you
Maurisap
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Re: Problems in Paradise?

Postby Killashandra » July 22nd, 2010, 11:17 am

Another thing I would like to add to maurisaps' words.

It is often easy to say things in the heat of the moment, or to take offence and lash back at someone. As moderators and site managers we try our best to ensure that topics and subjects do not get out of hand. It is however not possible for us to ensure that no one is hurt (emotionally)

Differences of opinion allow for lively discussions, however it is not an excuse to attack anyone on their opinions or beliefs. And the line of "It would not bug me if someone said that about me" does not cut it. Attacking someone on his or her opinions or beliefs is discrimination (trust me I live in a country where that accusation is thrown around A LOT) and unless you are willing to allow someone to discriminate against you, refrain from doing it yourself.

Being honest, does not give you the right to be rude. And differing of opinion, does not give you the right to insult.

:twisted: over. Have fun all.

The team of mods and managers here are committed to making this the Friendly forums.
Killashandra
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby GillyDreamer78 » July 22nd, 2010, 2:01 pm

I agree with Killashandra on this. It's OK to have your personal opinion however you have to be very careful how you state that opinion, i'm sure you all know what i mean.
We (and people in general) are so different from one another, by race, nationality, sexual orientation, etc. It often happens that when someone speaks their mind about something, they hurt someone's feelings whether it was their intention to do that or not. I'm sure I have done it myself in the past and i wasn't even aware of it.
So as a mod, I ask you that in the future, when you speak your mind about something, X-files related or not, be careful how you do it.
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Postby JeSouhaite » July 22nd, 2010, 7:44 pm

I whole heartedly agree with all of the above sentiments!
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Return to Guidelines, Site Issues, and Q&A