XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Will Mulder and Scully be Married in X Files 3?

Conduct in this topic must adhere to guidelines for the entire site: pg-13, friendly, and on-topic.

Moderators: JeSouhaite, ItsOutThere, TruthIsOutThere

Re: Will Mulder and Scully be Married in X Files 3?

Postby txf21 » April 14th, 2011, 6:35 pm

ahh yes! perfect thanks!
I WANT TO BELIEVE
txf21
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby Thexfilesz » April 25th, 2011, 1:57 pm

Agent Spooky wrote:
[b]Numerous red herrings were trotted out, including the idea of alien tampering. But in the end, the naming of the baby after Mulder’s father and their tender kiss provided confirmation that the baby was Mulder’s and the product of a sexual relationship between he and Scully that had only been hinted at in the past.

"The final scene was meant to say that Mulder and Scully had consummated their relationship and this child was a result of that," Spotnitz said.

Squeal! I've never read this before!
Agent Spooky wrote:
That final scene would have been significantly different had Duchovny and director Kim Manners not intervened after both were unsatisfied with series creator Chris Carter’s original ending which featured a mundane kiss on the forehead.

Omg, lol Chris would totally do that! XD I remember watching the Daily show with Jon Stewart interviewing David Duchovny, and David said that Scully already had his baby so he thought he should kiss her XD Why are you so mean to us Chris? You give us the most amazing and perfect characters in the world but you tease us about their relationship! XD But then again he made IWTB just for us. . .

Back to them getting married, if they did get married, what do you think their wedding would be like?
Thexfilesz
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby SpecialAgent88 » April 25th, 2011, 2:22 pm

I think Mulder and Scully would not a have a big traditional wedding, they would just go down to City Hall, sign the wedding papers and get married in front of a City Hall Judge. I do think Scully wears a nice white dress and Mulder wears a nice brand new dark blue suit, Mulder would spend an awful lot of time wondering what kind of ring to get Scully and I think Mulder would settle for a traditional round cut and the ring would be at least one Carat, because Scully deserves a nice beautiful wedding ring.

Mulder and Scully would only invite a couple of people, including Mrs. Scully, Skinner, Doggett and Reyes. I think Monica would be Scully’s Maid of Honor and Skinner would be the guy giving Scully away and be Mulder’s best man. They would have a nice dinner at some fancy Big Hotel; maybe the 5 Star Four Seasons and spend their Honeymoon on a week long trip to one of the Hawaiian Islands. However, the happy couple would fly and not have Mulder row his way there. hug]
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby Thexfilesz » April 25th, 2011, 4:01 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking. They wouldn't have a big wedding because neither of them have friends really. Maybe they would invite Charles so we could see him for the first time XD But they better not get married until Dana gets William back. Lol that's my first priority right now. . . She needs her baby. He could be the ring bearer or the best man or something XD that would be SOO cute.

Anyways, small wedding, definitely not over the top wedding dresses/tuxes, I don't think they'd have a reception at all though, but if they did it would probably be at someone's house. A hotel feels a little too out-there for them, and usually you would only do that if there were a lot of people. Haha they'd probably go to Roswell for their honeymoon XD but I doubt they'd have that either.

Another question, who do you think would cry their eyes out at their wedding?
Thexfilesz

Postby SpecialAgent88 » April 25th, 2011, 7:04 pm

Thexfilesz wrote: Another question, who do you think would cry their eyes out at their wedding?

That would be easy, Mrs. Scully because she always treated Mulder like her own son and she noticed Fox and Dana's personal connection right from the beginning. I also think Monica would be crying her eyes out and be so happy for her best friend Dana Scully. hug]
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » April 29th, 2011, 7:32 am

Photo by: Decemberlady
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby Agent Spooky » May 5th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Nice pic :).

A random interview from 08' that I found: thought this might relate to this thread somewhat

"That relationship was so intimate for so many years," Anderson said. "The friendship and the camaraderie and the love that these people shared for each other goes beyond any paper they'll sign or any sex scene. It's so much deeper than all of that. They should just, you know, leave it alone."

Especially the above quote by Gillian. Bolding done by me. Second time I've seen her say in an interview that the characters don't need to be married :).

"Like in life you have chemistry with people. You also have that as an actor, and you don't have any control over it as in life," Duchovny said. "We were lucky."

And a nice quote by David that just fits perfectly :).
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby Thexfilesz » May 11th, 2011, 8:16 pm

OOOOOHHHH I have the ultimate question. How would Mulder propose? I have a feeling he wouldn't get down on one knee. Actually, I don't see him even getting a ring. He'd probably just ask her in the middle of a conversation like how he did when he told Scully he wanted to run away with her in IWTB. But anyways, if he DID, what would happen? Lol Scully would totally say no. . .
Thexfilesz

Postby SpecialAgent88 » May 11th, 2011, 8:32 pm

Mulder and Scully would be at a shopping mall on Scully’s day off and window shop in front of a jewelry store, Mulder would notice Scully glancing at those gorgeous diamond rings and he would ask her to marry him. To Mulder’s surprise, Scully would say yes and the sales clerk with eyes now wide open because the sales clerk has got a hot new customer that needs a wedding ring. Mulder would allow Scully to pick one to her liking and he would buy it for her. They would trot down to City Hall, sign their legal papers and get married in front of a City Judge. They would each say their wedding vowels with Scully in tears and the judge would tell Mulder he can now kiss the bride. That’s what I think……..
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby Agent Skulder » May 13th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Thexfilesz wrote:OOOOOHHHH I have the ultimate question. How would Mulder propose? I have a feeling he wouldn't get down on one knee. Actually, I don't see him even getting a ring. He'd probably just ask her in the middle of a conversation like how he did when he told Scully he wanted to run away with her in IWTB. But anyways, if he DID, what would happen? Lol Scully would totally say no. . .

Between the Thexfilesz's theory and SpecialAgent's post just a above, - affecting my best spy accent I'd say verrrrry interesting ...

I agree Thexfilesz, no bent knee!  He'd mention it as part of normal conversation...  Her answer would be based on practicality.

1- Are they both officially back in the FBI as Special Agents?   If Yes, she'd laugh and say "MUL-der! You know they won't let us work together if we're married!"

2- Is Scully in the FBI as a "consultant?" or are both consultants as in IWTB? - she may say Yes.... But....

If she does, sorry SA88 but I just don't see a trip to a mall or any jeweler.  

Remember how Scully's eyes lit up when Mulder gave her that "doll that had been in his family" for years?"  My guess is - assuming Mulder came from old, Mayflower rooted money as many of you believe - he'd present her with either Teena Mulder's ring, or one of many pieces of "Estate Jewelry" being kept safe in a Boston area bank vault.  

Mulder would present it casually, maybe picking Scully up for their next assignment.  And since she never wears rings when working, she'd tuck it into a package of frozen peas.... To Be Con't....
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby SpecialAgent88 » May 13th, 2011, 6:57 pm

That's a very nice idea AS, and I agree that getting Teena Mulder's wedding ring would have a lot more meaning for Scully. Scully would cherish the fact that the wedding ring was a heirloom from the Mulder family and Scully would definitely treasure it.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby Qazy » May 15th, 2011, 12:12 pm

I've thought about this several million times and I honestly can't see the two of them getting married and running off into the sunset like the "norm". That's as a girl who believes in love and marriage and all that touchy feely stuff.

I believe in way back Inside the X-Files back around season 4, CC, David and Gillian said that "touch of a hand has always been a the same as making love in another television series"

"It sounds cache to say they are best friends beacause they are best friends beyond what lovers could ever be. Mulder loves Scully, Scully loves Mulder."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNFxhJVC ... 069F9EA120

I always think that it doesn't matter about marriage because they have already been with each other, been there already in sickness and health, richer and for poor, almost til death do them both...they already made that commitment to each other and marriage is just not who they really are. If that makes any sense?
"They just found your beeping UFO."
Qazy
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby SpecialAgent88 » May 15th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Qazy, wow sounds like you really put a lot of thought into this one, well I guess at least a million times anyways. And some of those quotes are some of my all time favorites and the video's perfect too. Welcome to X Files Universe, we're looking forward to all your posts. welcome]
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby Agent Spooky » May 18th, 2011, 10:25 am

Qazy wrote:I've thought about this several million times and I honestly can't see the two of them getting married and running off into the sunset like the "norm". That's as a girl who believes in love and marriage and all that touchy feely stuff.

I believe in way back Inside the X-Files back around season 4, CC, David and Gillian said that "touch of a hand has always been a the same as making love in another television series"

"It sounds cache to say they are best friends beacause they are best friends beyond what lovers could ever be. Mulder loves Scully, Scully loves Mulder."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNFxhJVC ... 069F9EA120

I always think that it doesn't matter about marriage because they have already been with each other, been there already in sickness and health, richer and for poor, almost til death do them both...they already made that commitment to each other and marriage is just not who they really are. If that makes any sense?

That's pretty much where I stand as well.

Another nice bit of info:

Mulder and Scully of The X-Files are a prime example of this trope. Part of it could be that they were originally never intended to be a romantic couple, but while they have intense feelings for one another, are rarely physically demonstrative. The extent of physical contact we see is usually holding hands, and occasionally a hug. In nine seasons, there are only four onscreen kisses between them, and one of them was likely all in Mulder's head. On the other hand, Gillian Anderson remarked that "Mulder and Scully holding hands is as intense and romantic as a kiss on another show," and their touches, while not demonstrative, were certainly very intense.

Source: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChastityCouple

The part about the holding hands being as intense as a kiss thing, I'm not sure when she made that comment during the series... but it was similar to one that I read back in 08'. :lol: Only difference comment wise was the whole instead of 'a kiss' it was 'having sex'.

Agent Spooky

Postby ScullyFBI » July 25th, 2011, 10:59 am

My first post here!! Just wanted to say, no matter what, Mulder and Scully are BEYOND common law. They are married, in essence, and for all practical purposes. They just aren't Mr. and Mrs.. They're committed, no matter how hard it gets. In fact, what they have is better than marriage. It's not on paper, it's in stone. They can never divorce! A separation for those two would be glorious and angsty because they can't be apart.
ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby GillyDreamer78 » July 25th, 2011, 11:13 am

Wow, ScullyFBI, what you said about Mulder and Scully is so beautiful and so true! Those two were meant to be together. I couldn't have said it any better myself! bravo]
Welcome to XFilesUniverse!
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Postby special_agent_mully » July 25th, 2011, 11:27 am

i agree ScullyFBI. doing the official marriage walk is just not their style, nor necessary. i don't want to see this in XF3.
special_agent_mully
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby ScullyFBI » July 25th, 2011, 1:03 pm

Maintaining their seperate identities is about the only thing they have a choice in, in their relationship. Even doing that, they are usually presumed to be married, by others, anyway. You know the old saying, "if it looks like a duck...?" They look like ducks.

Thanks for the welcome!!
ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Siven » July 25th, 2011, 1:28 pm

Hi back to the orginal question bc I'm new here: part of me want to see them getting married but the other part of me does not want it... I'm a shipper but I think that showing something like this will destroy some of my ideas and wishes how it should be like and so on.. I hope that you know what I mean. The whole shipper thing is so great beacause we saw them only a few times when they were kissing or sharing any other intimate moment. The whole proccess of our imagination is the best thing whe are doing.. Every episod can have a different after time in our minds and whe can share it with each other here by discussion or funfiction and that is the best thing in this show. I'm not sure if I would have become such a huge fun of this show if they have been sleaping whit each other from the begining. There is so many ideas left for funs and this is really beautiful... :D
Siven
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby Agent Spooky » July 25th, 2011, 7:08 pm

ScullyFBI wrote:My first post here!! Just wanted to say, no matter what, Mulder and Scully are BEYOND common law. They are married, in essence, and for all practical purposes. They just aren't Mr. and Mrs.. They're committed, no matter how hard it gets. In fact, what they have is better than marriage. It's not on paper, it's in stone. They can never divorce! A separation for those two would be glorious and angsty because they can't be apart.

Welcome :).

I definitely agree with that one. So, so true.

Agent Spooky

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 25th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Hey ScullyFBI, such a very nice post and I agree with you 100%, Welcome to X Files Universe.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby kyouryokusenshi » July 25th, 2011, 11:31 pm

I think they should totally be married or maybe have a special scene like the boating scene in IWTB where they get hitched or something. It would also be cool if they could have another child, maybe a girl. Who knows. I know what you mean about them getting married and not seeming Mulder/Scully-ish. But I would see them keeping their own last names as they are. I never changed my last name. But for Mulder and Scully, it's time they tied the knot.

Love your avatar by the way, Agent Spooky. I noticed that book during the movie and I was like "HEY, there's a book on how to have magnificent sex!" LMAO!
kyouryokusenshi
Blane Faulkner, Wannabe Abductee

Postby ScullyFBI » July 26th, 2011, 8:30 am

Remember when Mulder was asked if he had a significant other, and he was all, "not in the widely understood definition of the term?" I wonder what he'd say, now. Are you married, Mr. Mulder? In every way except on paper. I'm a traditional romantic, and a total fangirl, so if it were revealed that M&S had, in fact, gotten married at some point, I'd be floating on air. But I can't see them making a big deal, or even a minor deal, out of it. They're already living their vows, they just need legalization, if anything. So if I force myself to imagine a scenario, I see Mulder, intimating to Scully that he's amenable to the idea if she is. Possibly on several different occassions because she changes the subject, not even wanting to go there. She doesn't bite because, even after all they've been through, the idea of being legally married to Mulder scares the piss out of her. So, instead of continuing to skirt the issue, he just finds a retired circuit court judge, and a random witness, maybe Skinner, if not a virtual stranger, brings them back to the house on an insignificant tuesday or wednesday evening, and the whole thing takes five minutes at the dining room table. No rings, no flowers, no Mrs. Scully, no violins. No bees, no excuses. Just sign and file the papers. IMO, it still would pale in comparison to the real and true demonstration of abiding love and trust that those two have in one another. The marriage of their minds.
ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 26th, 2011, 8:45 am

I feel Mulder would just follow Scully's lead on the subject of marriage, if that's what she wanted, Mulder would marry Scully, but he would be okay with things just the way they are. I've always had this feeling that Scully would prefer to be married, just by her reaction in IWTB when Father Joe asks Scully about a question concerning her husband. Scully seemed a little irritated by the remark, however, they love each other either way....... ;)
Last edited by SpecialAgent88 on July 26th, 2011, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby lostinlove » July 26th, 2011, 12:22 pm

It would be lovely if they did, but if they don't, that's ok too, they couldn't love each other any more!
I owe you everything, you owe me nothing
lostinlove

Postby Dianne » July 26th, 2011, 1:44 pm

SpecialAgent88 wrote:

Love Story video by pheobecolefan.
Mulder asks Scully to marry him at 2:42 and it sounds perfect. hug]

Oh this video is bi-ooti-full!!!
I actually cried :')
This is really an amazing editing job!!

My opinion; no they won't get married!
Not good for the storyline.. not good for anything, not good for us, it will be a definite closure.
Well, let me speak for myself at least LOL then it's REALLY really over, and when they keep it open, it will always wonder us and keep us thinking.
See now, the show is over for so long, and after all these years there's a bunch of crazies begging for a third movie :lol:
If CC decides to let them marry, it will be the final closure for everyone, and the possibility that people will forget about the show. (cuz they've seen what they longed for)
hihi

But I like the idea :) I now will start a campaign for a "[MSR]: the soap" all about their normal life and it's struggles LMFAO :razz

It made me think of this video, what I read all here:

It's so cute Image
"I'm tired of people needing a reason for everything they do in their lives. Do it because you want to, cause it's fun and it makes you happy"
Dianne
Big Mike, Staff Vet

Postby kyouryokusenshi » July 26th, 2011, 2:32 pm

I love how you said it SCULLYFBI. I couldn't see them having a big fancy white wedding with all the trims and all the guests. A small chapel, a witness and the minister would be perfect for them. Maybe they don't show it during the movie but have a secret clip at the end of the credits showing it...for closure after XF3. Dianne, I love those videos. I've seen the one with Taylor Swift's song.
kyouryokusenshi

Postby MayB » July 26th, 2011, 8:11 pm

I agree with those who say their relationship is so intimate and so complete that marriage would be redundant. I don't want it to be a major plot point of the next movie but if they snuck it in somehow as a fait accompli, I surely wouldn't complain. For instance, if Mulder or Scully needed medical attention and the other identified him/herself as the spouse for access to them, it would seem in character to me. I read a fanfic set during Biogenesis where Diana was trying to keep Scully from Mulder, and Scully trumped her by pulling out her and Mulder's marriage license. Something like that would be fun.
MayB
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby SpecialAgent88 » August 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby Agent Spooky » September 19th, 2011, 1:41 pm

Aww :). That pic is well done.

@ setsenia: Me neither. It just doesn't make any sense. As for a small marriage, that would be nice... but I don't think it would fit them either. Unless, they absolutely had to -- as in for legal reasons.

Agent Spooky

Postby kyouryokusenshi » September 20th, 2011, 1:26 pm

That picture is awesome!!!!
kyouryokusenshi

Postby maurisap » September 25th, 2011, 9:07 pm

I haven't read over this thread in a long time. hug]

I see Mulder very casually bringing out his mother's ring, and a scene kind of like when he gave Scully that ugly doll that was his when he was a kid. Mulder's kind of awkward, because its something special but he doesn't want to act like its really emotional for him. But it is!

And a very quiet wedding. Scully in a tailored dress, with a sophisticated bouquet, Mulder in a suit, and only close friends and family to gather with them. and of course, Bill Scully to glare daggers at Mulders back.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby Agent Spooky » September 28th, 2011, 4:17 pm

@ maurisap: That would be very romantic :). And the Bill thing would be funny as hell :lol:.

I tend to think that the scene at the end of IWTB (no not the boat scene XD) was a wedding scene of sorts for them :). It was them reaffirming their bond to one another. Isn't that a wedding in a way, only without the bells and whistles?

I don't think they need to do anything fancy to let others know that they care about one another. In the end, they've shown it to one another time and time again, and that's more than enough for me.

Agent Spooky

Postby LondonLady » September 4th, 2012, 8:30 pm

No, I don't think that Mulder and Scully will be married in, "The X Files 3." I don't think that their getting married would be congruent with their characters. I know that Scully is Catholic, but she doesn't practise her faith to the extent that she'd want to marry Mulder. I think that these two characters are just perfect as they are. I personally do believe in marriage, but I just don't think that Mulder and Scully would get married.
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012
LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director

Previous

Return to MSR and Traditional Relationships