XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Mulder and Scully well off financially?

Conduct in this topic must adhere to guidelines for the entire site: pg-13, friendly, and on-topic.

Moderators: JeSouhaite, ItsOutThere, TruthIsOutThere

Mulder and Scully well off financially?

Postby SpecialAgent88 » March 21st, 2011, 12:59 pm

I know Scully would love Mulder even if he didn’t have a dime to his name, but I’ve got a feeling that Mulder is very well off financially. Mulder’s mother and father and sister are all dead and the family inheritance must have been left to Mulder.

Because Mulder is on the run in season 8 and on trial for murder in season 9, I believe it would have made financial and economic sense for Mulder to transfer his assets to the only person he trusted in the world, Scully. I’m fairly certain Mulder and Scully would have come up with a plan to transfer all of Mulder’s assets to Scully, to protect his assets from the US Government. This would also ensure that Scully and William are setup for life financially; if something were to happen to Mulder.

Recap Mulder’s real estate holding: located in states with very high real estate values.

In 1996, the CSM approached Teena Mulder at her summer house in Quonochautaug, Rhode Island and recollected that he had enjoyed water-skiing with Bill Mulder in the water nearby. Despite admitting that William Mulder had been a good water-skier, the CSM claimed that he had been better at it than William Mulder and alleged that the same could be said about many things. Price $1,250.00.00

William and Teena Mulder subsequently divorced. (TXF: "Talitha Cumi", "Paper Hearts") Following this, William Mulder bought a two-story house in Martha's Vineyard, West Tisbury, Massachusetts, located six miles from his former family home in Chilmark. (TXF: "Paper Hearts", et al.) Price $1,000,000.00

Teena Mulder's primary residence in Chilmark, Mass Price $1,250.000.00
Last edited by SpecialAgent88 on March 22nd, 2011, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Re: Mulder and Scully well off financially?

Postby Quest » March 22nd, 2011, 5:28 am

Dang, move over Scully! lol

THE ANSWERS ARE THERE, YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR THEM.
Quest
Eddie Van Blundht, Plumber

Postby maurisap » March 22nd, 2011, 10:13 am

I've read those real estate quotes before. I guess it depends on whether or not Mulder sold the homes. He is the sole heir of course, but we also see in "Monday" that he needs his paycheck so his check for damages doesn't bounce.

Or he may have sold his father's home and invested the money.

Logically, there had to be a good amount of cash for them to stay hidden for years. I know Scully was a practicing dr in IWTB and drs make good money, but still...that house outside of DC wasn't cheap!
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby CSM_Clone » March 25th, 2011, 10:03 am

nicet]

If we think of it that way, yes, he is well off. But Mulder usually portrays himself as an ordinary G-man who has to eat, has to rent, has to pay the bills (as in the Unnatural). He has all the property, but little cash :mrgreen:
CSM_Clone
Eddie Van Blundht, Plumber

Postby SpecialAgent88 » March 25th, 2011, 11:47 am

Good Point CSM about Mulder being an ordinary G-Man living paycheck to paycheck. I agree that Mulder was just an ordinary G-Man until the death of his mother in Sein und Zeit, then Mulder becomes the sole heir to the Mulder estate, which is substantial. I would suspect that the Mulder’s also had substantial holdings in stocks, bonds and cash.

I would think that Mulder would not enjoy the job of being a landlord, so it would be my guess that he sold all of his real estate holdings in season 8, after returning from his 6 month trip traveling through space with the Aliens. Mulder would have moved into liquid assets, like stocks and bonds that were managed by Merrill Lynch or Goldman Sachs or some other large money management firm.

I would think that before Mulder went into hiding in Season 9 that he would have given the only person he trust in the world, which is Scully, the Power of Attorney to manage his estate in his absence and really be the sole recipient to his estate. So, in effect, Scully doesn’t need to work anymore, as Mulder would have made sure Scully and William were financially secure. Scully in season 9 was probably too busy on the phone with her many stock brokers. Hey got any hot stock tips Scully?
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby IceQueen444 » May 12th, 2011, 7:30 pm

I always just assumed Mulder got the family money since his parents were a bit more than well off..... It's nice to have legitimate proof now though!~ Thanks ^_^
IceQueen444
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby LondonLady » September 5th, 2012, 1:13 am

I agree with SA88 that Mulder and Scully are very wealthy, due to the sale of the Mulder family's various homes, and some wise investments. I also think that Scully earns a very high salary as a pediatric neurosurgeon. I'm sure that she does not have to work, but chooses to do so. Nevertheless, her income likely adds to the Mulder-Scully coffers!
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012
LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director

Return to MSR and Traditional Relationships