XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

When??

Conduct in this topic must adhere to guidelines for the entire site: pg-13, friendly, and on-topic.

Moderators: JeSouhaite, ItsOutThere, TruthIsOutThere

When??

Postby txf21 » July 10th, 2011, 12:25 pm

I know this issue has been brought up in other discussions but I'm still wondering about it...most people will agree that there was something more than forehead sex going on between M&S before CC let us in on it on screen e.g. all things. I've heard people say they feel that the M&S relationship seemed to have changed somehow long before that and then there was the per manum flashbacks which I can't seem to figure into the timeline (too many shippery thoughts in my brain to work out the maths!!) so just wondering when people think M&S actually admitted what the rest of us already knew!! It would be interesting to re-watch the episodes around that time as all the gazes/touches etc would take on a whole different meaning if u think that they've actually admitted their feelings to each other! hug]
I WANT TO BELIEVE
txf21
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Re: When??

Postby GillyDreamer78 » July 10th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Hmm...I always thought that something changed between them after FTF. We got all these moments in season 6, like "In my book, I'd written that Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love." in Milgaro, then there is the scene in The Unnatural, then holding hands at the end of Field Trip...There have been so many moments that let us know something was happening between those two.
Then "Millennium" came and that kiss. Personally I think they became intimate around the episode "Orison". Or maybe even before that, IDK. Scully playing with Mulder's tie in "Rush" was very very suspicious to me.
Well, anyway, I think they definitely became intimate before "All Things".
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Postby JeSouhaite » July 11th, 2011, 9:37 pm

I love this thread. What does everyone else think?
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby Agent Skulder » July 27th, 2011, 6:58 am

Two weeks later... I think you should find a cozy cap & pose this on FB
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Siven » July 27th, 2011, 7:02 am

I think that this all happend somewhere in season 5 after Scully's cancer.. You for sure remember Mulder crying next to her bed when she was dieing. So I think that then he realised that he loves her and that if she dies he will lost the most important person in his life.
Siven
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby special_agent_mully » July 27th, 2011, 7:57 am

i don't know for sure, but definitely NOT before "rain king" in S6. just watched it last night and they guy in love with victoria jackson asks mulder in disbelief, "you've never kissed her? you're around this beautiful woman all the time, i don't believe it", something to that effect anyway. also, victoria asks scully if she ever kissed mulder, who says "no". and, i don't think they were lying.
special_agent_mully
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 27th, 2011, 8:20 am

Okay, I think they get together romantically after Mulder gives Scully her early birthday gift in the Unnatural. Mulder calls Scully to play a little baseball and has his hands, arms and his face buried in her neck, he's smelling her hair and everything else. Mulder shows Scully how to hit a baseball, and Scully gets all flirty that she's never hit a baseball before, which I find hard to believe because she's a tomboy and has two brothers. I think after a night being wrapped up together in each others arms, they couldn't help themselves, so they go back to Scully's place and get physical with each other, so it's the Unnatural for me.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 27th, 2011, 8:35 am

Okay everyone let the speculation begin, as there is no right answer, however the episode All Things does confirm Mulder and Scully are in a sexual relationship. This is confirmed by Frank and Gillian in the All Things DVD.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88

Postby GillyDreamer78 » July 27th, 2011, 8:44 am

I don't think they got together phisically before "Millennium", if they had, they would have acted differently with each other, so no, I don't think they slept together after "The Unnatural", as much as I would have liked that, it doesn't make sense.
Look at Scully's behaviour at the end of "Amor Fati". It's obvious she wanted to kiss him on the lips but she didn't. Don't you think, SA88, she would have kissed Mulder on the lips if she had slept with him after "The Unnatural"?
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 27th, 2011, 9:04 am

Yeah, that could be true GD78 about maybe being Millennium when they get involved, but I like to think it was the Unnatural. Because to me, the baseball scene is one of the most shippy scenes in the entire run of the X Files. And I happen to be a big baseball fan and the episode was written by DD, so he's also a bigger shipper at heart and feels Mulder and Scully do hang out together outside of work. And you are right about Amor Fati, but the kiss on the forehead was sweet too. I think CC is continuing to tease us.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby Siven » July 27th, 2011, 9:24 am

I think that Mulder will never tell the stranger that he was kissing her or sleeping with her, bc it was against the rules thay had in FBI and if somebody will find out the would be separated. You were abel to notice in FTF when Scully is telling him that she has to leave bc she has to go to Salt Lake City he is hurt. And for me the bee just intterruped them bc he wanted to show her how much he want her to stay.
Siven
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby ScullyFBI » July 27th, 2011, 10:31 am

Well, it has to be after How the Ghosts Stole Christmas, because Mulder denies that they're lovers. But I think it must've been sometime before Closure, because of the way Scully practically steps between Mulder's legs and speaks tenderly to him, even though they're alone in the motel room.

So I place their first time between Millennium and SUZ. Because Scully practically climbs into Mulder's lap to whisper something she could've said from across the room. Who does that?

But I don't think either one of them was ready to admit what was really happening until after they each unloaded their respective baggage. Mulder/Closure. Scully/all things.
ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby special_agent_mully » July 27th, 2011, 11:06 am

well, i'd say it happens in S7, just can't pin-point an episode.

"hips before hands, hips before hands" :conf
special_agent_mully
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby txf21 » July 27th, 2011, 11:43 am

I wonder if we could get someone to ask CC this question at the IBG event?!
I WANT TO BELIEVE
txf21

Postby kyouryokusenshi » July 27th, 2011, 4:23 pm

I think their relationship definitely grew after ss2, but definitely more so ss5 and up. We see some kisses, their commitment to one another and their feelings for each other romantically becoming stronger. Of course by ss7 through ss9 it's vary apparent with Mulder's death, her carrying his child, her becoming a believer etc etc. What I really loved in The Truth and IWTB, is that Scully actually came out and said she was in love with him. That was great!
kyouryokusenshi
Blane Faulkner, Wannabe Abductee

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 27th, 2011, 8:11 pm

I think Scully fell in love with Mulder during the hallway scene in FTF, when she realizes that he needs her and doesn't want to continue the X Files without her. We see the look on Scully's face when Mulder is about to kiss her and she's more than ready to receive. I still hate that bee.

I think Mulder fell in love with Scully much earlier, during the hallway scene in Memento Mori, when Scully gets cancer and he could lose her forever. Mulder just waited patiently for Scully to have the same feelings and we know the rest is history. :bounce
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby JeSouhaite » July 27th, 2011, 9:40 pm

special_agent_mully wrote:well, i'd say it happens in S7, just can't pin-point an episode.

"hips before hands, hips before hands" :conf

Come on, Special Agent Mully... pick an ep. You can change your mind tomorrow. I promise.

BTW... Special Agent Mully, were you on the old XFU? Your name looks extremely familiar to me. If so, well... welcome back! If not... welcome to XFU for the first time!! wave>
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite

Postby JeSouhaite » July 27th, 2011, 9:44 pm

ScullyFBI wrote:So I place their first time between Millennium and SUZ. Because Scully practically climbs into Mulder's lap to whisper something she could've said from across the room. Who does that?

Okay, in which ep is this lap dance? I'm going to have to watch this ep soon. You know... it's for research. Someone needs to validate this observation for scientific purposes. :ugeek:
-JX

JeSouhaite

Postby ScullyFBI » July 28th, 2011, 7:14 am

Closure. Scully goes back to California, they're in the motel room. Mulder is talking about the hamdprints in the concrete."Oh, he led you Mulder!!" Let me know what you think.
ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 28th, 2011, 8:02 am

I think it was much earlier than closure, but I can't put a handle on it? I mean in Rush, Scully is playing with Mulder's tie and is so flirty with him. When Mulder checks out the young chick at the police station, she gives him a pretty big nudge and Mulder is a little embarrassed that he got caught looking at another woman. It really felt to me that Scully was staking her claim that she didn't want him doing that anymore, or at least not in front of her.

Edit: I thought about it and maybe Closure is about right? I just don't know......... :cloud
Last edited by SpecialAgent88 on July 28th, 2011, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby special_agent_mully » July 28th, 2011, 8:10 am

jesouhaite - no, i'm completely new here, so maybe someone else had a similar name. lol. i really have to think more about when. i have no idea, really. i feel that the kiss in 'millenium' was an unfamiliar kiss. i like the way mulder's eyes kinda dart as if he's wondering if he should try to kiss her or not, like a boy. so, i'd say maybe soon after this, they slept together. before then, there's just been a lot of flirting and mind sex. ugh, don't know. but, i think that's the tease of the writers...to keep us guessing and guessing and wondering.

what lap dance? which episode?
special_agent_mully
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 28th, 2011, 8:16 am

SAMully, Welcome to X Files Universe, we hope you have fun on our forum. 8-)
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby IceQueen444 » July 28th, 2011, 11:33 am

I can't say that I know for a fact which ep. though closure sounds pretty good in some ways. All I can say is that we know it was a lonely night for one or both of them and that it was at Scully's apartment. Both of which are heard in "Trust No1." We also know it as a surprise to them AND all the people creepily watching ^_^ LOL/
IceQueen444
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby txf21 » March 9th, 2012, 5:35 pm

In the middle of re-watching season 7 and this question came back to me! Watching Theef and there is something different about the way Scully looks at Mulder in the early scenes and the way she says she'll always keep him guessing! You're not fooling me this time around Mr Carter!! I'm def starting to think they got together around Orison and/or Closure/Sein und Zeit. Mulder also makes a comment in XCOPS about there being more than what you see on screen so maybe that was a clue to us from TPTB!!
I WANT TO BELIEVE
txf21

Postby LondonLady » September 4th, 2012, 11:54 pm

I love this thread and this topic! For me, it's so interesting to watch the later series of "The X Files" knowing now that Mulder and Scully do end up together. It's hard to pinpoint exactly when it happened, but maybe the early part of the seventh series seems correct. Scully was indeed very flirty in "Rush." There is also that unforgettable scene in "The Goldberg Variation," when they are talking about getting home in time for sunset. Their demeanour and dialogue seems very intimate.
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012
LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director

Return to MSR and Traditional Relationships