XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

M&S living together..shippy..beware

Conduct in this topic must adhere to guidelines for the entire site: pg-13, friendly, and on-topic.

Moderators: JeSouhaite, ItsOutThere, TruthIsOutThere

M&S living together..shippy..beware

Postby ScullyFBI » August 17th, 2011, 9:26 am

What do you think about it? When I think back to season 6 and earlier, when CC would tease us mercilessly with a touch or exchange of looks between M&S, and shippers could go to bed happy, I never imagined he'd let it get this far. Now they're living together. Weird how they still seem very cautious around eachother. Random thoughts:

I can't see M&S sharing a bathroom. Scully has to have her own somewhere in that house.

I wonder if they smell alike from using the same soap and detergent. Or if Scully has her girl soap, and Mulder uses Brut, or something.

And does he find her hair on his clothes sometimes?

I LOVE how Mulder greets her. "What's up, Doc?" So cute. And does she look for him everytime she comes home? Or do they just bump into eachother in the kitchen.

Does Mulder cut all of that grass? Or do they have a herd of goats in the backyard?

Somewhere on the property, there has to be a basketball hoop and backboard.

They only have Scully's car, and they don't appear to be on a busline. How the heck does he get anywhere? They're independent people, sure. But if they're out of peanut butter, does Mulder have to call Scully?

I wonder if Scully's been in touch with her mother? They only live in Virginia.

I wonder how long Scully's work days are, usually. How much time she gets off, and if she likes spending it with Mulder. She kinda wanted him to get out of the house.

I don't see him cooking meals everyday, so I imagine they take care of themselves that way. Especially if Mulder has no idea when Scully's coming home. But I can see her coming home, changing her clothes, and falling asleep next to Mulder, on the couch, watching a baseball game.

And I appreciate the pg-13ness of this forum. But I wonder how often they..you know. And if Mulder has to woo her everytime. And if they were ever worried about her getting pregnant again. Maybe Mulder had a vasectomy? Woo Boy!

I didn't put this in the IWTB folder cause it's more about M&S than the movie. Speculation about their day to day relationship. What do you guys think?
ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Re: M&S living together..shippy..beware

Postby SpecialAgent88 » August 17th, 2011, 11:17 am

Interesting topic ScullyFBI, it’s always fun to speculate on Mulder and Scully’s relationship current or past.

I’ve always felt that one of Mulder’s wishes for Scully has always been to see her become a doctor, he’s told her many times to quit the FBI and leave this life of fighting crime and use her extraordinary talents to save lives in the medical field. I’m sure Scully had to retrain to be a medical doctor and what’s interesting is that she chooses to become a neurologist or brain surgeon. What I’ve always admired about their relationship is the yin and yang in how much their expertise is so different, but yet they seem to understand each other.

When Scully first enters the FBI, she’s a pathologist and deals with dead bodies and the causes of their death, that’s way she does all the autopsies. However, one of the major areas that was lacking in Scully’s profession is her knowledge of the brain or psychology and that’s where Scully just finds Mulder so interesting, because of his brilliant and beautiful mind. I’ve always felt from the beginning that Scully’s major interest in Mulder was trying to get a handle on how his brain functioned and it excited her to try and analyze him. The more Scully got to know Mulder, the more intrigued and interested she got, as they moved on in their lives, Mulder’s fascinating brain continues to excite Scully.

One of the most interesting scenes in IWTB was the bed scene, okay this forum is PG-13, so I’m not going to speculate what they do under the covers. However, what was interesting is Mulders comment to Scully. Scully tells Mulder that she can’t sleep because she’s worried about one of her patients. Mulders comment back to Scully is “Why didn’t you tell me about the boy”. This comment tells me that Scully discusses her patients with Mulder and with Mulder having a photographic memory; he might have been busy in that office reading medical books. Scully knows how intelligent Mulder is and his background in psychology and the functions of the brain, so if Mulder took a little time to sharpen his studies he would be able to discuss many of Scully’s medical issues with her.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby ScullyFBI » August 17th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Great point. I'd forgotten how many times Mulder insisted she should go..be a doctor. That probably made them both happy. Plus knowing where Mulder was all the time probably helped ease her mind a little. I agree with Scully, though. Mulder should totally write a book or two.
ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Amy » August 17th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Scully FBI, your post totally put a smile on my face. I'm enjoying speculating these ideas right alongside you! :day

I will say one thing, I can't help but think of their home in IWTB when I watch the episode "Home" and how Mulder says he wants to settle down someplace like that. Um, this is pretty close. The place is a tad more run-down and cluttered than I'd ever imagined them living, ahem, but I do like the country atmosphere. But yes, he needs his basketball hoop and she needs her private bath. I'm guessing that by now, they live in their dream home, considering he is no longer running and she is making the bucu bucks as a neurosurgeon. :P

Which begs the question, what is their dream home, do you imagine? Scully must be getting tired of the drive to the hospital, especially in the wintertime. But somehow I just don't really see them in the suburbs. I definitely don't see them in a planned upper class community, like in Arcadia. Any thoughts?
Amy
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby JeSouhaite » August 17th, 2011, 8:46 pm

ScullyFBI wrote:Does Mulder cut all of that grass? Or do they have a herd of goats in the backyard?

HA!! That is a funny thought! I can't imagine either!

Amy, welcome to X Files Universe! I picture their dream home somewhere in the city, not the suburbs or the country. I think they're city dwellers. The thought of how they deal with the country home and all of it's upkeep does seem to take the characters out of their comfort zone. I mean, imagine the winter... they probably need a truck with a snow-shovel blade on it. I'm not sure I see M or S driving a truck with a snow blade on it.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby SpecialAgent88 » August 17th, 2011, 8:54 pm

Since Mulder and Scully seemed to have only one car, I think Mulder learned to cook at home and made dinner for Scully or maybe they just made dinner together, then settled down to watch a movie. I'm sure it would be something simple like a roast or grilled steak or chicken with a salad. I also thought it was cute when Mulder says "whats up Doc" to Scully.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88

Postby ScullyFBI » August 18th, 2011, 8:19 am

Something simple.. like a roast? Haha! Simple, to me, is a turkey sandwich. And I don't know what was up with the decor in that house, but it had a similar feel to Mulder's old apartment. Like a man furnished it. A straight man who doesn't really care. But the artwork in Scully's office is the same as the piece they have over their bed, or in the bathroom, or both, so maybe Scully had a hand in it, too. If I remember correctly, I wondered if Teena Mulder might have a slight hoarding problem. Maybe Mulder feels at home surrounded by miscellaneous junk.

Also, I believe Christian was healed..cause it's TXF, and a pedophile priest gave Scully a messege from God, so...I'm thinking Scully got more job offers than she could handle, and high-tailed it out of Our Lady of friggin' Sorrows, where her passion, compassion, and commitment were beyond underappreciated. Not to mention her boundless skills. I don't know about a dream home, but something tells me that where ever they go, they'd want to put a little distance between themselves and their neighbors. Maybe not 10's of acres, just not right next door to the Jones'.
ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby Amy » August 19th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Thank you for the welcome, JeSouhaite! :-)

ScullyFBI wrote:And I don't know what was up with the decor in that house, but it had a similar feel to Mulder's old apartment. Like a man furnished it. A straight man who doesn't really care.

:razz This totally cracked me up!
Amy
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby Siven » August 20th, 2011, 3:11 am

I think that fans are wondering a lot of things. :D

I was always wondering if they were trying to hava one more kid after William. And why FBI came to them for help and how thay could do this while they were on the run from them. Why thay didn't changed their names - you know Mulder is under the death penalty so how could he live freely and without any matters. They are not afraid that someone will find them and that they will be accused of something. Scully is normaly working in a hospital under her name not some false one. How could it be after the end of "The truth"?
Siven
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby ScullyFBI » August 20th, 2011, 6:37 am

Yes! All of that. Plus, did they ever switch vehicles again with Reyes and Dogget? Where the HECK did Scully put all of her nice clothes and furniture? They, obviously, have Mulder's old files and books, so is that his fishtank, or one they got later? I really miss Scully's furniture. And I wonder if she has a conceal/carry permit?

I'd guess that Scully didn't go underground. She must have stayed connected to Skinner or D&R, if only to know what the FBI was saying. And, it seems to me that, if you have to take a drug test to work at Wal-Mart, surely she must have had to tell about her previous work experience before being hired at OLoS. I guess after the CSM um..dies a fiery death, nobody is really interested in pursuing Mulder anymore. Since CSM was mainly doing it to mess with Mulder, anyway. He was sick in the head. I think M&S must know that on some conscious level, because they live in Virginia, which is mind-boggling if you're on the run from the government.
ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby SpecialAgent88 » August 20th, 2011, 9:25 am

I think what may have initially happened right after Mulder escapes from prison is that when the two helicopters unloaded their missies at the Indian reservation; that the Super Solders may have thought they killed Mulder and Scully. Mulder and Scully just barely making it out of that reservation alive go into hiding until they finally contact Skinner or Doggett or Reyes.

Skinner may have been able to convince the FBI or members of the Department of Defense that it’s not worth pursuing Mulder because he’s now out of their hair. After all Scully had evidence that the body that Mulder supposedly pushed over the railings was not Knowle Rohrer‎, but some other person and the Military committee didn’t want to use Scully’s evidence, but instead convict Mulder without this proof. I’m sure there were witnesses that saw Knowle Rohrer get up and walk away after falling over the railing.

Also, Scully mentions in IWTB, that if the FBI really wanted to catch Mulder, I’m sure they could have very easily, but the FBI is just happy to get you “Mulder” out of their hair. I think Scully allows Mulder to take this case because the FBI agreed to drop Mulder’s murder charges if he helped solve the case of the missing agent, so Scully jumps at the chance to free Mulder.

I've always felt that the FBI just let Mulder and Scully continue on with their lives, as long as their lives didn't involve working for the FBI.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88

Postby LondonLady » September 5th, 2012, 12:19 am

What a lovely thread. I love your questions and comments at the beginning, ScullyFBI. Also, SA88, I like the idea of Mulder sometimes having dinner ready when Scully arrives home, and their eating together. I also love the image of their falling asleep on the couch watching a baseball game. hug]

ScullyFBI wrote:...I'm thinking Scully got more job offers than she could handle, and high-tailed it out of Our Lady of friggin' Sorrows...

ROTFL! I'm Roman Catholic, and I'm pretty sure that nobody would name a hospital, Our Lady of Sorrows! Our Lady of Lourdes; Our Lady, Queen of Peace; Our Lady of Perpetual Help, etc, but not Our Lady of Sorrows!
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012
LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director

Postby foxspender » December 16th, 2012, 7:17 am

Seeing that there has been a somewhat recent post on this thread, I do not feel as guilty about my reply.

As for the living arrangements, I am surprised that Scully did not put her foot down more with regards to the neatness of the home. I am remember a scene where I believe that I spotted an empty orange juice bottle on the dining room table. I was not surprised, because I always got the impressiont that Mulder has always been a slob and does not do a great job cleaning up after himself. He also seems to have let himself go somewhat. I am not sure if the weight gain was intentionally scripted, or if Duchovny was struggling with his weight at the time. Within the context of the movie, it would make sense. Mulder is older, not working, and not as active. He also probably seemed to have slipped into a professional and personal rut, the personal rut being marked by the ungroomed beard. He almost looks like a caveman.

As for the professional side, I am surprised that there was not more tension about Mulder being unemployed. In my experience, that always puts a strain on even the best of relationships, especially when it is the man who is unemployed.
foxspender
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby JeSouhaite » July 8th, 2013, 10:45 pm

Good reply, foxspender!

I haven't watched IWTB in some time, but I'll comment anyways...

You mention the orange juice container... that must be a throwback to Arcadia. Remember, in Arcadia, Mulder is drinking straight out of the orange juice container?

I agree with your thoughts about the tension that might exist with Mulder being unemployed and the lack of it showing through in the scenes. Although, I wonder if it was there, but we didn't really get to see it due to it not being important to the movie as a whole. I didn't get the impression anywhere in IWTB that they were a happy couple. I think there was tension. I think he was wasting away in his office. (Unless he was writing a book, I just think he was unhappy, and if one of them was unhappy, I can't see the other being happy.)

Now, thinking back to Mulder's apartment during the regular seasons regarding him being a slob... well... it never really seemed too messy, but then again, I might not be the perfect critic on this subject. :oops: I mean, he did have a bedroom that was crammed with junk, if you recall Dreamland, but just because you're hording junk doesn't mean you're a slob, does it? (LOL)
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite

Postby ItsOutThere » July 26th, 2013, 12:27 am

JeSouhaite wrote:Now, thinking back to Mulder's apartment during the regular seasons regarding him being a slob... well... it never really seemed too messy, but then again, I might not be the perfect critic on this subject. :oops: I mean, he did have a bedroom that was crammed with junk, if you recall Dreamland, but just because you're hording junk doesn't mean you're a slob, does it? (LOL)

Speaking from personal experience, just because you hoard doesn't mean you're messy :P. The wardrobes in the spare bedroom in my house are full of bits and pieces, as are the draws... and the space under the bed. Maybe Mulder just had too much stuff for his apartment and liked his couch? (Was the waterbed in there to begin with? If so, waterbeds are far more comfy!). Also, Mulder seemed like quite a little workaholic so it might have not been messy because of him spending more time in the office? Who knows, that's just my two cents...
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)
ItsOutThere

Return to MSR and Traditional Relationships