ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
ScullyFBI

A little late to be a noromo..but

Postby ScullyFBI » August 30th, 2011, 9:46 am

Lately I've been thinking about how Mulder was a jerk sometimes. I mean, sometimes, I wish Scully would've told him to bug off with his trust noone/trust everyone routine. I adore Mulder, but he sometimes took Scully for granted. I mean, yeah, the touchstone speech was nice, but I wanted to shake and slap him in TF/OS. If I had been Scully, there wouldn't have been any seasons 7 through 9, because, after all they'd been through, for him to accuse her of being suspicious of DF's motives because of personal reasons seemed absurd and insulting. Especially in light of what she was telling him. HE was the one who let his personal feelings cloud his judgement. She should have hightailed it as far away from him as possible after that. And was it supposed to be implied that Mulder slept with Fowley after the kiss in her apartment? After he found The CSM with that lame excuse of "looking for his son?" In Diana's bedroom?? Mulder was sooooo ridiculously gullible.

I'm definitely a shipper, and that's partly why I can't watch some of S6, because when I do, I kinda turn into a noromo. Not because of DF, but because Mulder stops thinking when DF is around. And because he willfully chooses the syndicate over Scully. Even almost letting DF drive them right to their deaths. Sometimes, Mulder is irrationally unpredictable. Like Scully, I guess that's part of the reason I love him, but I definitely couldn't have hung out as long as Scully has.

I guess for me the only vindication came when Mulder was able to read minds. Maybe he learned then, because when Scully came to tell him about DF's death, he finally had the realization that Scully always told him the truth. After they cut into his brain... . Thanks Mulder.

Anyway, I'm a shipper because M&S are shippers. But I go through periods when I feel like Scully should've just transferred to Violent Crimes.

GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control
GillyDreamer78

Re: A little late to be a noromo..but

Postby GillyDreamer78 » August 30th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Im definitely a shipper too and always will be but I can't say I don't agree with everything what you said here. I've always thought that Mulder took Scully for granted about lots of things.
I always hated the Fowley one but I hated Mulder more because DF was who she was, he on the other hand was so unfair to Scully when Fowley was around. First we get You've kept me honest... you've made me a whole person. I owe you everything... speech in FTF and then in "One Son" he accused Scully of making the whole thing personal and trusting Diana over Scully. Not to mention that he always said, "Trust no one". If someone, who was as close to me as Mulder was to Scully, did something like that, I would never want to speak to him or look at him again. I would just leave.
Like I said, I'm a shipper, Mulder and Scully belong together and I love Mulder but what he did in season 6 when Fowley was around, made him extremely repulsive to me.

JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.
JeSouhaite

Postby JeSouhaite » August 30th, 2011, 10:45 pm

Good topic!

I've only a few moments, so I can't get into anything really meaty... However, it's funny that you mention season 6 as the season where you feel that Mulder is on the "jerky" side. I feel as if earlier seasons displayed more... "antagonism" between M&S than season 6.

I wish I had a bit more time to get some quotes/scenes; however, it seemed to me that around season 6 (despite the Fowley thing) that the characters seemed to get closer. Did you not sense antagonism between M&S in the earlier seasons? I thought that the feelings of antagonism might be stronger in seasons 4 & 5.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123

SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » August 31st, 2011, 8:41 am

Okay, I’m not trying to defend Mulder’s actions because what he did to Scully when Fowley was around was definitely wrong, but there may have been other reasons for his behavior and actions towards Scully. I believe at this point in the series, both Mulder and Scully are in love with each other and in a long term relationship, they are joined as partners, best friends, and intellectually, socially and emotionally joined, the only thing missing is the physical portion. And maybe it’s this physical joining that has Mulder confused on how Scully really feels about him. I mean Mulder knows and understands Scully, but they are not in a physical relationship, so Mulder feels they are only best friends.

Mulder’s number one weakness is a woman and he is easily manipulated by any woman. Now we move on to Fowley, who’s an ex-lover, ex- best friend, ex- partner and maybe the first love of Mulder’s life that truly cared and understood him. It’s always been my opinion that Mulder and Fowley broke up because Diana thought that her career was more important than her relationship with Mulder and just decides to fly off to Europe. Well in this instance both Mulder and Fowley have never settled or made a final decision that they are not compatible with each other. Both Mulder and Fowley still have these lingering feelings for each other, than Fowley returns with one purpose in mind. Fowley’s going to win Mulder’s love back at any costs because she’s still in love with him.

Diana who is very manipulative and understands Mulder’s motivations and weaknesses starts playing with his mind and tries to drive a wedge between Mulder and Scully, which she is able to do. Diana could care less about Scully’s feelings for Mulder even if they were in a physical relationship. Because Diana is using her past history with Mulder and her mental and physical assets to win him back. Diana tells Mulder in the end as they are discussing their careers that he could have used an ally, someone that thinks like you and could support your theories, which Fowley feels Scully is not doing because she’s such a skeptic, this may have hit on a central nerve of Mulder, but he does end up defending Scully. Mulder’s confused because he’s now getting all this mental and physical attention from Diana and remembers that he trusted Diana as much as he does Scully, so he pushes Scully aside because he starts trusting Diana all over again.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.

GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78

Postby GillyDreamer78 » August 31st, 2011, 9:00 am

JeSouhaite, I agree with you. In the season 6, Mulder and Scully got closer, that is why is so wrong what Mulder did, betrayed Scully's trust when they were getting close, after everything they have been through.

JeSouhaite wrote: thought that the feelings of antagonism might be stronger in seasons 4 & 5.

I agree also with that. Season 4 episode "Never again" is another perfect example how Mulder took Scully for granted. He really acted like a jerk, like he owned her, like he was her boss. So it's no wonder she acted like she did in that episode.

by SpecialAgent88
Fowley’s going to win Mulder’s love back at any costs because she’s still in love with him.

Fowley doesn't care for anyone but herself.

ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
ScullyFBI

Postby ScullyFBI » August 31st, 2011, 11:27 am

Weird, I didn't even think this topic posted. Yesterday the servers were really slow.

Mulder has, imo, always been sort of thoughtless when it comes to being a partner. His personal quest aside, the way he'd leave Scully in danger, or keep information from her. Even without being inlove, it's just common courtesy to consider your partners safety. But he'd make up for that in ways that were endearing. And I can even cut him slack for Scully not backing him up in The Beginning, but for him to dismiss her the way he did in One Son, and then call her to tell her he and Diana are coming to get her? For what? So they can all go be with the CSM? It almost kills the 'ship, for me. Even knowing that they get together eventually, it just seems like Mulder can turn off his loyalty to Scully without batting an eye. It breaks my shipper heart to feel this way, but maybe Bill Scully was right?? And maybe the ghosts were right, too. Intimacy through co-dependency. I think Scully should've told Mulder to go to Hades. But she really must have had it bad for him, because by Alpha, she's ultra territorial when she should be trying to extricate herself from Mulder's life. I don't blame Mulder, though, I blame the writers. The same people who had him out in New Mexico trying like hell to protect Gibson Praise when his own son needed his protection. Whatever.

I'm not trying to bash Mulder or the MSR. In fact, like I said, skipping TF/OS makes the 'ship a lot more believeable to me, but I didn't skip them this time, and now I'm back on the fence. But my 19 year old daughter said something to me that got me thinking. We were talking about Ron Weasely and Hermione Granger, and how some people don't think Ron is good enough for Hermione. She said Mulder tries to be the best man he can be for Scully, and that's saying a lot, because he doesn't even have to try. And, up until the part in IWTB, when Mulder nearly gets himself killed 3 or 4 times, he seemed like a really sweet, caring partner.

And I should probably start another thread for this but it's nothing, really. I just recently have been rewatching and I'm wondering if Scully is supposed to be, like, an angel or something. Maybe even Mulder's guardian. I mean, the way she's never overtly sexualized, the way God speaks to her..repeatedly, she heals people and saves kids, she can see angels and demons. Then there's that same question that people ask over and over-what did Clyde Bruckman mean by "you don't?"

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » August 31st, 2011, 2:17 pm

I’m always found Mulder to be very caring and respectful towards Scully; their relationship is based on trust, understanding and a meeting of the minds. I would agree that Mulder is as extremely mentally challenged person when it comes to holding a relationship. Mulder is a little flawed and used to being a loner and focusing on his obsessions. However, Mulder has always had a desire to protect Scully, but also felt she was capable of taking care of herself. I don’t think Mulder would ever leave Scully in a dangerous position because he was in love with her and would have sacrificed anything for her, including giving up the X Files.

As far as Scully having it bad for Mulder, it’s quite obvious that both had an extreme attraction to each other, by their facial expressions, body language and gazes. Let’s face it; Scully is madly in love with Mulder. Why because Mulder’s brilliant mind just fascinated and challenged her to the ends of the earth and she couldn’t get enough.

I also see Scully as being a hard person to forge any type of relationship with, because she’s always out to prove that Mulder’s theories are wrong though science. And that Scully has a hard time opening up and keeps shutting Mulder out. How many times has Mulder felt that there was something wrong with Scully and all she ever says is “I’m fine Mulder”. Now that feels a little emotionally draining if you asked me. Mulder wants to help Scully emotionally, but she tells him to go fly a kite.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.

GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78

Postby GillyDreamer78 » August 31st, 2011, 3:42 pm

by ScullyFBI
I don't blame Mulder, though, I blame the writers.

Exactly! It was totally out of character IMO!

by ScullyFBI
And I can even cut him slack for Scully not backing him up in The Beginning, but for him to dismiss her the way he did in One Son, and then call her to tell her he and Diana are coming to get her? For what? So they can all go be with the CSM? It almost kills the 'ship, for me.

It didn't kill the ship for me but I really have (had) a hard time watching this storyline with Fowley, especially "One Son". I always thought that adding Diana was really unnecessary. Like I said, Mulder was a total jerk. He let himself being manipulated by Diana. First he says to Scully that she was the only one he trusted and then he did what he did. Totally out of character. But yes, Scully must have had it really bad for Mulder because she would have left him otherwise.

by SpecialAgent88
I also see Scully as being a hard person to forge any type of relationship with, because she’s always out to prove that Mulder’s theories are wrong though science

Scully is a doctor, she's a scientist and she thinks like one. It was her job, not to prove him wrong but she always tried to find scientific explanation. She was assigned to him for that same reason in the first place. Don't forget that it was Mulder who said in FTF that it was her god damned strict rationalism and science that had saved him a thousand times over.
Mulder: "But you saved me! As difficult and as frustrating as it's been sometimes, your god damned strict rationalism and science have saved me a thousand times over. You've kept me honest... you've made me a whole person. I owe you everything... Scully, and you owe me nothing. I don't know if I want to do this alone... I don't even know if I can... and if I quit now, they win."

You said that Scully was a hard person to forge any type of relationship with. Like Mulder was any different. In all the years of their partnership he didn't have a relationship with any other woman ( that chick in "3" doesn't count because it was not a relationship), he didn't have a relationship with anyone, I don't mean just romantic relationship so he's just like Scully when it comes to this.

by SpecialAgent88
How many times has Mulder felt that there was something wrong with Scully and all she ever says is “I’m fine Mulder”. Now that feels a little emotionally draining if you asked me.

That is true. But it's not like Mulder was sooo open with his feelings towards Scully, he wasn't. He didn't say anything, he just ditched her IDK how many times. So you can't say Mulder was trying to help Scully emotionally because he needed help himself. When it comes to emotiones, they were both on the same level, he was no better than she was.

The bottom line here is that neither Mulder or Scully were perfect, they both had flaws but that is what made them both human. It's what makes us all human.
Last edited by GillyDreamer78 on August 31st, 2011, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » August 31st, 2011, 6:06 pm

Okay, I agree that Mulder does tend to ditch Scully because he’s a loner and not used to being tied down and investigating things on his own makes Mulder feel more productive. He even ditches Krychec at the drop of a hat, so nobody’s immune to Mulder’s ditching.

Do I think Mulder and Scully are perfect for each other, of course not, they’re both flawed in some way, but though these flaws they are able to build a relationship, first as partners, then best friends and finally lovers. The X Files is not about some soup opera relationship, it’s about dedicated FBI Agents that are trying to find the truth and solve X Files crimes.

I agree both Mulder and Scully are emotionally reserved, it’s hard for either to open up to anyone, let alone each other, so they dance around with their feelings for what 6 or 7 years. Yet, they have always been respectful towards each other and though their long journey and experiences they found happiness in each other. I know Mulder may have been confused with Diana around, but Scully didn’t give up on Mulder and he gravitated back to Scully, because of their love for each other.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.
JeSouhaite

Postby JeSouhaite » August 31st, 2011, 8:34 pm

ScullyFBI wrote:And I should probably start another thread for this but it's nothing, really. I just recently have been rewatching and I'm wondering if Scully is supposed to be, like, an angel or something. Maybe even Mulder's guardian. I mean, the way she's never overtly sexualized, the way God speaks to her..repeatedly, she heals people and saves kids, she can see angels and demons. Then there's that same question that people ask over and over-what did Clyde Bruckman mean by "you don't?"

Good idea!! Yes, start another thread for this!! Good topic!

GillyDreamer78 wrote:The bottom line here is that neither Mulder or Scully were perfect, they both had flaws but that is what made them both human. It's what makes us all human.

Oh, this is sooo true. I think what you describe here is what draws us all to adore these characters.

ScullyFBI wrote:I don't blame Mulder, though, I blame the writers. The same people who had him out in New Mexico trying like hell to protect Gibson Praise when his own son needed his protection. Whatever.
LOL!! Yes, exactly. I just didn't buy into this whole story line, so I think I sometimes pretend that it didn't happen.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » August 31st, 2011, 10:21 pm

ScullyFBI wrote: And I should probably start another thread for this but it's nothing, really. I just recently have been rewatching and I'm wondering if Scully is supposed to be, like, an angel or something. Maybe even Mulder's guardian. I mean, the way she's never overtly sexualized, the way God speaks to her..repeatedly, she heals people and saves kids, she can see angels and demons. Then there's that same question that people ask over and over-what did Clyde Bruckman mean by "you don't?"

ScullyFBI, I agree with JX, this is an interesting topic, please go ahead and start a new thread.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
ScullyFBI

Postby ScullyFBI » September 1st, 2011, 7:34 am

SpecialAgent88 wrote:

As far as Scully having it bad for Mulder, it’s quite obvious that both had an extreme attraction to each other, by their facial expressions, body language and gazes. Let’s face it; Scully is madly in love with Mulder. Why because Mulder’s brilliant mind just fascinated and challenged her to the ends of the earth and she couldn’t get enough.

I also see Scully as being a hard person to forge any type of relationship with, because she’s always out to prove that Mulder’s theories are wrong though science. And that Scully has a hard time opening up and keeps shutting Mulder out. How many times has Mulder felt that there was something wrong with Scully and all she ever says is “I’m fine Mulder”. Now that feels a little emotionally draining if you asked me. Mulder wants to help Scully emotionally, but she tells him to go fly a kite.

I think a lot of women can relate to Scully in that she was in love with someone who wasn't, necessarily, good for her. And I agree, Scully could be emotionally distant, at times. I'm thinking of when Mulder wants to stay with her, when Emily is dying.

From GD78
The bottom line here is that neither Mulder or Scully were perfect, they both had flaws but that is what made them both human. It's what makes us all human.

Yes, and it's what makes them seem so "real." I'm holding a grudge against an imaginary character. But, like Scully, I can get over it. Last night, I watched War of the Copophrages, and it was paused at the part where Mulder picks up the roach and says "Greetings from planet Earth," and my daughter was like, "WHAT is he doing?" and I said, "he's talking to a roach." And for a brief moment, I felt that warm, protective feeling that Scully probably feels for him because he's, often, misunderstood.

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 1st, 2011, 8:16 am

I also feel that Diana Fowley was the catalyst that made Scully realize her true feelings for Mulder and the sole reason she was part of the plot line of the X Files at this point in the series. I thought Fowley was an excellent part of the story line or why would 90% of the X Files fans have such distaste for her. Fowley leaves a lasting negative impression on many of us to this day. Because we know how Scully feels when any woman gets close to Mulder, but a woman with an agenda to win back Mulder’s love will never fly with Scully. This woman will feel the full wrath and catch hell from Scully for getting within 10 feet of Mulder.

It’s been my feeling that Mulder is the first to fall romantically in love with Scully and wanted more out of their relationship, but didn’t want to scare Scully away if she didn’t feel the same way. So Mulder waits patiently for Scully to realize these same feelings; well that waiting starts to wear thin after 5 or 6 years, so Mulder starts noticing Diana’s attention and turns to her for support. This seems to be a very natural part of anyone’s psychology, to get attracted to someone that’s giving you lots of romantic vibes, which Mulder was not getting from Scully.

Mulder’s a very attractive man and a brilliant FBI Agent with a bright future and career, and I think a lot of woman would jump at the chance to get to know him and he’s single. I think Diana realized that she was still in love with Mulder and jumped at the chance to win back Mulder’s love. So, is it really Mulder’s fault for noticing all this sexual attention he was getting from Diana and moving Scully aside because of all this attention. Mulder and Scully were not in a romantic relationship at this point, they were just best friends.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
ScullyFBI

Postby ScullyFBI » September 1st, 2011, 9:33 am

SpecialAgent88 wrote:I also feel that Diana Fowley was the catalyst that made Scully realize her true feelings for Mulder and the sole reason she was part of the plot line of the X Files at this point in the series. I thought Fowley was an excellent part of the story line or why would 90% of the X Files fans have such distaste for her. Fowley leaves a lasting negative impression on many of us to this day. Because we know how Scully feels when any woman gets close to Mulder, but a woman with an agenda to win back Mulder’s love will never fly with Scully. This woman will feel the full wrath and catch hell from Scully for getting within 10 feet of Mulder.

Reminds me of Mulder recoiling when Agent Whitney reached out to touch his face. You're dead, Dakota. Thanks for playin'.

I never got the impression that DF returned to rekindle her relationship with Mulder because she was in love with him. I always thought she was dirty. And not because of Scully, but because she was doing the syndicate's dirty work. The most I can give her is that we never knew what her motivations were.

It’s been my feeling that Mulder is the first to fall romantically in love with Scully and wanted more out of their relationship, but didn’t want to scare Scully away if she didn’t feel the same way. So Mulder waits patiently for Scully to realize these same feelings; well that waiting starts to wear thin after 5 or 6 years, so Mulder starts noticing Diana’s attention and turns to her for support. This seems to be a very natural part of anyone’s psychology, to get attracted to someone that’s giving you lots of romantic vibes, which Mulder was not getting from Scully.

Mulder’s a very attractive man and a brilliant FBI Agent with a bright future and career, and I think a lot of woman would jump at the chance to get to know him and he’s single. I think Diana realized that she was still in love with Mulder and jumped at the chance to win back Mulder’s love. So, is it really Mulder’s fault for noticing all this sexual attention he was getting from Diana and moving Scully aside because of all this attention. Mulder and Scully were not in a romantic relationship at this point, they were just best friends.

He also mentions that "Sometimes, someone giving you all the answers can be a very powerful thing." I think he was growing tired of questions being answered with more questions. IMO, The Syndicate sent DF to do what Scully's integrety wouldn't allow her to do-Invalidate and placate Mulder. Neutralize him as a threat. Although I can't quite figure out why they shot her in The Beginning? But she was almost successful, until the very end, when she, I guess, showed in a very perverse way, that she "cared" about Mulder..by giving Scully a key card to the room where she could pick up his lifeless body.

I think M&S's lives had become so tangled in their work that it would've been impossible for them to have a successful, romantic relationship unless they separated from it, which is what, ultimately, happened.

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 1st, 2011, 8:11 pm

SCULLY: And they brought you on this because of a terrorism angle?

DIANA: No. I, uh, I requested a reassignment. There were things at home I decided I wanted to get back to.

(MULDER and DIANA make eye contact in the rearview mirror. SCULLY doesn’t notice.)

I believe this comment from Diana is her true feelings about her intentions to win back Mulder's love.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 3rd, 2011, 8:20 am

Just watched the X-Files episodes Two Father/One Son...
Is it just me or is there other people who want to punch Mulder in the face ? (comment on Tumblr)

This Gif does show how shocked Scully reacts to Mulder's disregard for her, as Mulder starts listening and trusting Diana. Scully's reaction is deserving because Mulder and Scully have trusted each other to ends of the earth until the arrival of Diana.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
ScullyFBI

Postby ScullyFBI » September 3rd, 2011, 8:32 am

And he's so dang smug about it. I kinda wish he'd gone with Diana, got burnt to a crisp, but survived, then asked for Scully in the hospital, where she and her new husband, Walter Skinner (tall, muscular, unburned) show up with a Hallmark card and his nameplate, stay for five minutes, then go off to actually help people..together. And since this is television, the next week, Mulder could recover and slink back down to the basement to think about what he's done.

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 4th, 2011, 10:16 am

I really do feel that Scully did the right thing and didn’t give up on Mulder. Scully fought for Mulder’s love and gets her man back. I mean how many times in your life do you really fall in love, if we’re lucky maybe once. I mean real love, to the point where a gaze puts you on cloud nine, a kiss on the forehead makes your heart flutter and the touch of a hand makes your knees buckle and turn to jelly. I believe Scully is in this type of love with Mulder at this point in the series, so why would anyone ever give up on something that could come around only once in a lifetime. We can’t give up and we have to fight for it, which is exactly what Scully did and accomplished by winning Mulder back.

I have to admit that men are a little dense sometimes when it comes to love and in this case Mulder is being a little dense and is completely wrong for pushing Scully aside and trusting Diana. This is not making an excuse for Mulder, but he’s not thinking with his brain, but with something that’s below the belt and it’s taken over his emotional state. Mulder dismisses Scully’s trust and begins to trust Diana because he’s confused. Diana has manipulated Mulder and earned his trust by using her assets. These assets include Diana’s physical assets, she has long beautiful brunette hair, she’s tall, leggy, attractive and she’s got a fantastic body and Mulder still has lingering feelings for her. It would seem very easy for Diana to get into Mulder’s head and manipulate him.

At this point in the series I believe Scully has it bad for Mulder and she’s madly in love with him. I mean everyone around her can see that Scully’s in love with Mulder. I’m sure Skinner, Kim, Ma Scully, every FBI Agent in the entire building and I bet even Bill Scully knows that Scully has it bad for Mulder. Even Padgett the guy from Milagro who gets into Scully’s head and understands her emotional state and motivations, see’s that Scully’s in love and even calls her out on it. What it took to wake up Scully is Diana Fowley’s actions that another woman wanted Mulder, to make Scully finally realize what those feelings are, that she’s in love Mulder, so she acts on it and fights to get her man back and wins.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

ScullyFBI
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
ScullyFBI

Postby ScullyFBI » September 11th, 2011, 8:57 am

I've been watching season 8, really for the first time, but more closely than I did in the past, and..um..Scully didn't look for Mulder. I really can't figure out if she just expects him to show up one day, or if she thinks he left her?? Or..what? But that, imo, kind of balances out the whole 'siding with Diana' thing. Not only that, but Mulder DIES..he's dead and buried for three months, and she's keeping and cleaning his apartment? I really think Scully lost her mind for 2 years.

And SA88, this video really puts the MSR/Mulder-Fowley thing into more perspective for me. M&S had a longstanding, respectfully professional relationship, a caring partnership, and a burgeoning friendship which LATER revealed itself to be a uniquely unbreakable pairing. M&S couldn't have known where their relationship was headed, really, until they found themselves there.

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 11th, 2011, 11:21 am

I totally agree with your observation about season 8, that Scully never really looked for Mulder. However, I think Chris Carter and the writers wanted to make the focus on Doggett and Scully investigating X Files cases and not about the search for Mulder. But, I agree they should have at least made some effort or at least acknowledge that Scully was looking for Mulder.

ScullyFBI wrote: this video really puts the MSR/Mulder-Fowley thing into more perspective for me. M&S had a longstanding, respectfully professional relationship, a caring partnership, and a burgeoning friendship which LATER revealed itself to be a uniquely unbreakable pairing. M&S couldn't have known where their relationship was headed, really, until they found themselves there.

This is a very beautiful video and I agree with your statement above.
Made by Gillyinfatuation