SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division
SpecialAgent88

What attracted Scully to Mulder?

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 9th, 2011, 9:34 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Trust No. 1 - episode

SCULLY: (Voiceover) One day, you'll ask me to speak of a truth - of the miracle of your birth. To explain what is unexplained. And if I falter or fail on this day, know there is an answer, my child, a sacred imperishable truth, but one you may never hope to find alone. Chance meeting your perfect other, your perfect opposite - your protector and endangeror. Chance embarking with this other on the greatest of journeys - - a search for truths fugitive and imponderable. If one day this chance may befall you, my son, do not fail or falter to seize it. The truths are out there. And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, or on some unseen plane, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken. For the truest truths are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.

I feel this voice over by Scully is one the most beautiful reflections of her true feelings for Mulder, what are your reasons that Scully was so attracted to Mulder?
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Re: What attracted Scully to Mulder?

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 9th, 2011, 10:44 am

Scully fell for Mulder's Intelligence.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.

IceQueen444
Phillip Padgett, Typist
IceQueen444

Postby IceQueen444 » October 9th, 2011, 2:05 pm

YAYAY I love that quote!!! I'm my next monologue! It's so pretty and emotional I love it!

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 9th, 2011, 6:52 pm

Scully's attracted to Mulder's tenacity and stubbornness.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 10th, 2011, 4:35 pm

Scully knew that if she was in trouble, Mulder was so devoted to her that he would do anything in the world to save and protect her. Mulder went to the middle of Antarctica to save Scully and she knows he will always do that for her. Scully loved Mulder's true devotion to her.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support
Agent Skulder

Postby Agent Skulder » October 10th, 2011, 7:37 pm

I think what attracted her initially was Mulder's caché - she'd heard about "Spooky Mulder" and here she was assigned to work with him! Then as she worked with him, and she learned he was the antithesis of her usual "type" (father figure, rules follower, older man) I think her inner rebel was teased out since no way, no how would her deceased daddy ever approve of a Mulder. We saw how her dour brother nearly eviscerated Mulder in the Hospital scene. Scully was grooving on being attracted to her idea of a "bad boy;" her relationship with him made her feel powerful, more powerful than she had felt before meeting Mulder...
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 10th, 2011, 10:18 pm

I think the biggest attraction for Scully is Mulder’s beautiful and brilliant mind. Even from the Pilot episode Scully had heard all these rumors about Mulder being this brilliant FBI Agent that gave up a promising career in Violent Crimes who turned his attention and devotion to the X Files; she just needed to find out more about him. Scully being a doctor and attending medical school must have been in contact with many intelligent people, but she just couldn’t get a handle on the brilliant mind of this guy named Fox Mulder, he just fascinated her to the ends of the earth. Mulder had an answer or theory for every case and they were just simply too outrageous to believe, but Mulder was usually right and many times the reason they solved X Files cases. Scully just became enamored and fascinated with Mulder’s mind that she just wanted to find out more about how this guy ticked. Scully’s always been starved for intelligent stimulation with Mulder being able to fill this void.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 12th, 2011, 7:40 pm

Scully is attracted to Mulder because he's her perfect other,"she's the yin-to his yang".
Made by Gillyinfatuation

kyouryokusenshi
Blane Faulkner, Wannabe Abductee
kyouryokusenshi

Postby kyouryokusenshi » October 14th, 2011, 12:34 pm

I believe she mentions why in IWTB and in The Truth. His stubbornness and that he never gives up. "And I know you -- you can't give up. It's what I saw in you when we first met. It's what made me follow you ... why I'd do it all over again." -The Truth. "Mulder, you think I don't understand, but I do. This stubbornness of yours, is why I fell in love with you." IWTB

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 15th, 2011, 2:00 am

Scully is attracted to Mulder because he's incredibly intelligent, kind, charming and sensitive. Which are qualities that Mulder only expresses to Scully. hug]
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 23rd, 2011, 9:09 am

Scully is attracted to Mulder because of his open mindedness and his intuitiveness. In fact I see Scully being very close and trusting many people with this personality, I see her close with Mulder, Melissa, Monica and Margaret Scully or Ma Scully. Again I’m seeing a pattern here, does anyone notice that Scully’s close with people that have names that have an “M”? Just wondering what’s up with this?
Made by Gillyinfatuation

IceQueen444
Phillip Padgett, Typist
IceQueen444

Postby IceQueen444 » October 23rd, 2011, 11:36 pm

I think the M thing is just a fixation on the letter by the authors'. It's like the "William" thing. Though one could consider it fate that they love each other as both had fathers named William! ;-P

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 24th, 2011, 12:36 am

You are probably right IQ444, I'm sure it wasn't a coincidence that all the people that got to really understand Scully had names that started with an "M", but I thought it was interesting. Because Scully does seem to enjoy and have a warmer relationship with anyone that's a little open minded and intuitive. I think this opposing personality type helps balance Scully's own weaknesses and makes her stronger.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 26th, 2011, 11:33 pm

Scully was attracted to Mulder because all of her prior relationships tried to control her career and life and maybe she tried to please them and not disappoint them. However with Mulder, he allowed Scully a sense of freedom and independence. Mulder allowed her to make her own decisions and be herself. Scully also felt sparks fly right from the beginning because Mulder moved her, she found Mulder thrilling and couldn’t get enough of this fascinating man.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 30th, 2011, 11:04 am

Scully's attracted to Mulder because he taught her to open up and made it possible for her to look beyond science towards the world of extreme possibilities.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer
Agent Spooky

Postby Agent Spooky » November 1st, 2011, 6:05 pm

SpecialAgent88 wrote:Scully's attracted to Mulder because he taught her to open up and made it possible for her to look beyond science towards the world of extreme possibilities.

Definitely. Good point.
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » November 22nd, 2011, 8:55 pm

Scully's attracted to Mulder because he was the only worthy intellectual sparring partner in the whole series. Scully wanted to always prove Mulder wrong and enjoyed making him sweat to come up with the right answer.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director
LondonLady

Postby LondonLady » September 4th, 2012, 11:39 pm

You give some excellent reasons for why Scully is attracted to Mulder, SA88. hug]
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012