SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division
SpecialAgent88

Favorite underrated Mulder and Scully moments?

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 29th, 2011, 9:16 am

I thought this was a very underrated moment between Mulder and Scully in Little Green Men, because Mulder misses a chance to bring back evidence of extraterrestrial life, but Scully supports him.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.

IceQueen444
Phillip Padgett, Typist
IceQueen444

Re: Favorite underrated Mulder and Scully moments?

Postby IceQueen444 » October 29th, 2011, 11:56 am

It's honestly one of my favorite scenes for them. he's perfectly willing to shoot Pusher, had no problem shooting himself, but when Scully comes into the picture he fights with everything he's got not to hurt her. It's sweet and tends to be ignored in favor of the next scene.... understandable but it's still so.... admirable to me.

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 30th, 2011, 9:03 am

Irresistible - Mulder takes an assignment to actually go out on a date with Scully, is Mulder telling us something with these tickets to a Vikings game? Now does anyone know if Scully even likes football?
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » October 30th, 2011, 10:55 am

Redux - I've always found it odd that Mulder's hiding in Scully's bedroom and she doesn't really sound surprised to see him in her bedroom.

MULDER: Keep going, FBI woman.
SCULLY: Mulder? What are you doing? Why are you sitting in my bedroom in the dark?
MULDER: It was too crowded in my apartment, I couldn’t sleep.
SCULLY: I’m not kidding, Mulder.
MULDER: Good, because neither am I. There’s a dead man on the floor of my apartment, and it’s only a matter of time before he starts to stink the place up.
SCULLY: What are you talking about, Mulder? What’s going on?
Made by Gillyinfatuation

LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director
LondonLady

Postby LondonLady » September 4th, 2012, 8:34 pm

These are some great moments, SA88. Thank you for posting the screen caps. Mulder looks especially cute in the screen cap of October 30th, 2011, 9:03 am. :)
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012

Quest
Eddie Van Blundht, Plumber
Quest

Postby Quest » January 26th, 2013, 12:14 pm

I always thought the scene in Skinners office in the episode The red and the Black was underated. The tension between Mulder and Scully is so thick. There's this sense of betrayal oozing from both of them.

THE ANSWERS ARE THERE, YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR THEM.

Amber Lynn LaPierre
Rob Roberts, Food Service
Amber Lynn LaPierre

Postby Amber Lynn LaPierre » July 21st, 2013, 12:54 pm

For I'm watching the series the first time in english I have my personal brand new underrated M&S moment (because it is not like that in german) :D

In Beyond the sea, when Scullys father died and Mulder calls her "Dana" for the first time, she kind of repeats "Dana" silently because she wonders (and likes?) that he is calling her by her first name. That was so cute :lf

Maybe I "overrate" it a bit now, haha.

And I really LOOOOOVE when Mulder strokes her cheek to comfort her hug]

Another scene I liked very much was in Detour when Scully comes into Mulders room just to drink something and spend time with him, that was rather unexpected and nice to see. Unfortunately it didn't "work" out.
"Let them take you to Germany, they make nice cars" ... Thx Mulder, lol :dd

ItsOutThere
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.
ItsOutThere

Postby ItsOutThere » July 26th, 2013, 12:55 am

THE SIXTH EXTINCTION and THE SIXTH EXTINCTION II: AMOR FATI.
These episodes for me, have some of the best underrated Mulder Scully Moments..

MULDER: You were my friend, and you told me the truth. Even when the world was falling apart, you were my constant. My touchstone.
SCULLY: And you are mine

SCULLY: In spite of everything I've ever held to be true. I will continue here as long as I can... as long as you are beset by the haunting illness which I saw consume your beautiful mind.
(¯`*•.¸(¯`*• If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced •*´¯)¸.•*´¯)

UofLCardFan08
UofLCardFan08
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner
UofLCardFan08

Postby UofLCardFan08 » March 22nd, 2014, 9:29 pm

Hi, new here! wave> Sorry if I'm doing something wrong by posting in an older thread, but I wanted to contribute on this topic.

One of my favorite little moments is when they shared a beer in his apartment.

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic
TruthIsOutThere

Postby TruthIsOutThere » March 23rd, 2014, 1:56 am

Welcome, UofLCardFan08! :sun

Muldersgirl9
Muldersgirl9
Muldersgirl9

Postby Muldersgirl9 » March 23rd, 2014, 5:26 pm

I recently discovered two moments which I love. The first one's not really an MSR moment as such, it's more a sign of Mulder's changing priorities. In Paperclip when M & S are looking through those files, Mulder looks for Scully's file first and then Samantha's. It's very subtle but it's just another little sign to me that it is Scully who now comes first in his life and I think this started with her abduction.

The second one is a little sequence from The List. Here are some screencaps

http://xfphotos.fredfarm.com/season3/thelist/cap069.jpg

http://xfphotos.fredfarm.com/season3/thelist/cap070.jpg

http://xfphotos.fredfarm.com/season3/thelist/cap071.jpg

http://xfphotos.fredfarm.com/season3/thelist/cap072.jpg

It's the scene in the prison after Parmelly grabs Scully. Looking shaken, she walks up to Mulder and tells him she's ready to go. When he looks around at her he instantly notices that she seems anxious and the expression on his face changes to concern. The screencaps really don't do it justice because the change is extremely subtle and quick. When he says that he'll be right there his voice is so soft. I love how he immediately follows Scully out. He might not even have finished his interview with Speranza but that doesn't matter to him. He is concerned about her and wants to make sure she is ok. Then we see one of the prisoners leering at Scully and Mulder looking daggers at him as if to say "Stay away from her!" The whole sequence is so sweet. I love Mulder here - this is just another example of his sensitivity and caring nature. Plus, he knows that Scully can take care of herself but he still has a protective streak.

LittleStarbuck
LittleStarbuck

Postby LittleStarbuck » August 16th, 2015, 9:20 am

One of my favourite underrated Mulder and Scully moments is in Requiem when Scully goes to Mulder's motel room because she's "started to get chills." When Mulder asks if she wants him to call a doctor, she says no "I just wanted to get warm." This, for me, is one of the most touching moments, because if Scully was cold, she could have just asked at reception for more blankets or cuddled up in her bed covers, but instead she went to Mulder so she could be cuddled up by him. There are so few times where Scully opens herself up for affection, but in this scene she did it so openly. And even if she wasn't specifically asking for him to spoon her, she certainly went intending to sleep in his bed with him, because what's the point in going to his room if she wasn't?

hug]

Andrew80
Andrew80
Andrew80

Postby Andrew80 » August 18th, 2015, 1:30 pm

My favourite underrated M and S moment happened in Squeeze, when Scully chose to work with Mulder and not with the Violent Crimes team. It was the one that sealed their partnership and mutual trust after all.

barchick
barchick
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator
barchick

Postby barchick » August 18th, 2015, 2:08 pm

Mine is in Kitsunegari, when Linda Bowman is talking about being in love and 'why wait when it's true love' and Scully glances at Mulder. Awwww

Not that it bleedin hurried that relationship along any mind you

LittleStarbuck
LittleStarbuck

Postby LittleStarbuck » August 18th, 2015, 3:19 pm

barchick wrote:Not that it bleedin hurried that relationship along any mind you

Hahahahahaha, so true :-)