XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Who's the first to "Fall in Love" Mulder or Scully?

Conduct in this topic must adhere to guidelines for the entire site: pg-13, friendly, and on-topic.

Moderators: JeSouhaite, ItsOutThere, TruthIsOutThere

Re: Who's the first to "Fall in Love" Mulder or Scully?

Postby Righthere » May 14th, 2015, 4:12 pm

Hmmm LittleStarbuck, so you think Mulder was not William's biological father? :?
Seeing is believing
Righthere
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby LittleStarbuck » May 14th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Righthere wrote:Hmmm LittleStarbuck, so you think Mulder was not William's biological father? :?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I really really DO believe that Mulder is William's biological father. I think that with all the abductions and weird alien interferences that both Mulder and Scully have had, one of them was responsible for passing on the telekinesis stuff that was going on in William.

What I meant in my essay (I'm so embarrassed I wrote so much!) was that having a real physical representation of their love for each other (Williambobs) gave them that final push to admit their feelings to one another :D
LittleStarbuck
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby LittleStarbuck » May 16th, 2015, 9:39 pm

No, wait, I've just read over my initial post and I think I know what you mean now Righthere (if this isn't what you mean, then prepare for some awkwardness)

Even though I think that Mulder and Scully finally admitted their true feelings to one another during 'Existence', I do think they got it on ;-) ;-) during season 7, in some kind of friends with benefits way, because even though we knew (or it was highly implied) that they were in a sexual relationship, not much had changed between when they were working, so I think that if they had got together in a couple sense rather than a sex after work sense, it would have been more obvious like it was in season 9 where it was all like "dearest Dana" and "I remain forever yours" and stuff.
LittleStarbuck
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby barchick » July 30th, 2015, 2:04 pm

Oof this is a toughie.

I think Mulder fell first, or was at least aware of it first. I genuinely don't think that Scully became aware of her feelings until season 6. Mulder, I think realised in season 5.

So Mulder I think realised around Redux II that his feelings were deeper than friendship, I don't think that he dealt with that realisation though until Fight the Future when he almost kissed his best friend. From then on, in my opinion, he broached the subject again (poorly in Triangle) and then not receiving a warm response, decided not to attempt to act on them again. I think he's slightly hurt, but he respects her and doesn't want to push it.

Scully, she's tougher to understand. Hyper-rational and a consummate professional, I think that she realised during The End that she had feelings for her partner beyond friendship, I don't think that she fully understands what those feelings are until season 6, and certainly not until after One Son. In my opinion, this led to a slightly disjointed relationship in season 6, if they both realised that they were in love earlier, surely Arcadia would have had a completely different vibe. Mulder's reticent and neither seem comfortable with the physical aspect of the assignment.

Once we get to Milagro, Padgett's concession that 'Agent Scully is already in love' seems to have been the catalyst for a change in their relationship. Mulder starts paying attention again. Immediately following Milagro we have the Unnatural and the batting scene, in my opinion, this was Mulder with a regained sense of hope.

Sadly, Biogenesis and Amor Fati didn't give enough away about what Mulder may or may not have heard in Scully when she visited him in the hospital, but I'd like to think that he was able to understand how she felt about him a bit more clearly in those episodes. Perhaps even came to understand her reasons for not moving their relationship forward. Season 7 is flirty and fun, we get our first kiss, rubbish as it was, but I don't think that they ever discuss their feelings during the season. I'm not sure where the baby request fits in to this season either.

I don't think that Mulder even contemplates seriously a relationship with Scully until after Closure, when he's suddenly 'free'. I don't think that she contemplates a relationship with him until after All Things. I don't think they consummated anything in that episode either. I don't think anything happened until after En Ami. By Je Souhaite, we seem to have some RST.

I don't know... it's just so tough.
barchick
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 30th, 2015, 7:44 pm

Great analysis, barchick. I just got done watching "Monday" (Season 6), and the way Mulder keeps her hand on Mulder's chest (sure, he's bleeding, but to some degree it seemed she was doing it as much to comfort him, and it seemed to me as if she was showing genuine affection - beyond friendship - towards him, probably realizing she was about to lose him).
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby barchick » July 31st, 2015, 3:28 am

TruthIsOutThere wrote:Great analysis, barchick. I just got done watching "Monday" (Season 6), and the way Mulder keeps her hand on Mulder's chest (sure, he's bleeding, but to some degree it seemed she was doing it as much to comfort him, and it seemed to me as if she was showing genuine affection - beyond friendship - towards him, probably realizing she was about to lose him).

I love Monday. I love the possibilities in that episode. :day
barchick
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby scullystattoo » August 13th, 2015, 4:51 pm

Mulder mul2]
It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship.
scullystattoo
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Previous

Return to MSR and Traditional Relationships