XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Let's Count The Shippers

Conduct in this topic must adhere to guidelines for the entire site: pg-13, friendly, and on-topic.

Moderators: JeSouhaite, ItsOutThere, TruthIsOutThere

Re: Let's Count The Shippers

Postby ReynardMuldrake » March 6th, 2011, 8:51 pm

what is a shipper?

RM
ReynardMuldrake

Postby JeSouhaite » March 6th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Well, RM... a "shipper" is one who enjoys or promotes the romantic relationship between two characters. The "Shipper" part comes from the last bit of the word "Relationship". In the X Files fandom, 95% of the time the term is associated with situations where Mulder and Scully are in an romantic relationship. So, you might meet up with some philes that say that they're a "shipper", meaning M&S specifically. However, this thread is wondering what other characters, in your opinion, have a great relationship. So, there you go... I hope that helps!
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby Agent Skulder » March 7th, 2011, 12:05 am

ReynardMuldrake wrote:what is a shipper?RM

:rolf Some day when you're bored or nite when you can't sleep, open You Tube and just search on XFiles. I received my "Shipper Degree" by reading Vid comments and watching Vids. It's a whooooole education. During your coursework you'll learn also about NOROMOS - fans who believe in No Romance between characters, etc. Somewhere on this Forum is an outstanding list of either Definitions or Abbreviations. SpecialAgent88 usually finds my "help-I'm-lost" posts so either he, JeSouhaite or I will get the link to you. Just think - lots of jargon to add to your own personal lexicon. Most of which btw are documented in UrbanDictionary.com. Sliders didn't offer a fraction of these terms.

Also - "ship" in XFiles World is also a verb - you can Ship someone by wanting X to "hook up" with Y. 
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby stottie92 » March 7th, 2011, 7:47 am

I think I agree with a large proportion of you on here in that I enjoy watching other tv couples - and I might even push it by saying that if Bones and Booth don't end up together I will be rather gutted...but I think what I found so special about TXF is that fact that you never really knew if M&S were actually going to end up together. ie with Bones, even though the series hasn't finished yet - we all know they can't NOT have them finally seeing their love for one another...it's just been pointing that way for so long.
Oh! Does Melinda and Jim count (Ghost Whisperer) I mean they were already in a relationship when we met them...? But we had that brief spell with Jim in Sam's body...
stottie92
Duane Barry, Chauffeur

Postby IceQueen444 » May 11th, 2011, 9:50 pm

I've been a shipper since I was like 5 you don't want the whole list........ I deffinatly ship MSR as far as x-files goes though LOL
IceQueen444
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby SpecialAgent88 » May 12th, 2011, 8:17 am

Hey IceQueen444, I was wondering if you were a shipper, but your signature gives it away. Very nice I might add. hug]
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby IceQueen444 » May 12th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Thank you! The writing gave me a bit of trouble on the centering but it was fun to make. I had another but it was, sadly, too big ^_^ I love photoshoping! ^_^
IceQueen444
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby SpecialAgent88 » May 30th, 2011, 9:31 am

Time passes?
Not for shippers
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby IceQueen444 » May 30th, 2011, 8:17 pm

lol so true! I love that pic!
IceQueen444
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby ScullyIsMyHomegirl » June 2nd, 2011, 7:03 pm

My favourite tv ships are:
Mulder and Scully (obv)
Luke and Lorelai from Gilmore Girls, i was so pleased when they got together and just as gutted when they split up.
Ok i know its a miniseries but Jack and Aliena from Pillars of the Earth.
Xena and Gabrielle from Xena, who IMHO had sexual tension to rival Mulder and Scully. I really wanted to see these two get together and have a relationship but alas it was never meant to be :(.
The Doctor and Rose from Doctor Who, i just loved them.
W.W.D.S.D - What Would Dana Scully Do??

Check out my fic UnChanged in the Romance section :)
ScullyIsMyHomegirl
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Postby LondonLady » September 5th, 2012, 12:53 am

I'm definitely a shipper, but I wasn't one when I first started watching, "The X Files," firstly with the first feature film, then with the 6th series. I think that I gradually became a shipper. I know that I was one by, "The Unnatural," because I was so giddily happy about that baseball lesson scene! hug]
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012
LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director

Previous

Return to MSR and Traditional Relationships