Killashandra
Killashandra
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
Killashandra

Let's Count The Shippers

Postby Killashandra » July 3rd, 2010, 9:50 am

OKay I'm a shipper no secret to that, but which other tv relationship do you ship.

Mine are

X Files Mulder and Scully
Fringe Peter and Olivia
CSI LV Grissim and Sarah
Leverage Nate and Sophie
GG Luke and Loralai

Okay, so I know, a few of them have finished the series. But shipper I'll stay.

Who are yours? 8-)

SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division
SpecialAgent88

Re: Let's Count The Shippers

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 3rd, 2010, 10:33 am

I'm a shipper and only ship Mulder and Scully because nobody else measures up to them.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.

GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control
GillyDreamer78

Postby GillyDreamer78 » July 3rd, 2010, 11:49 am

The X-files: Mulder and Scully
House MD: House and Cuddy (although they can't compare to M&S)

Gillyinfatuation
Cassandra Spender, Hybrid Liason
Gillyinfatuation

Postby Gillyinfatuation » July 3rd, 2010, 12:45 pm

SpecialAgent88 wrote:I'm a shipper and only ship Mulder and Scully because nobody else measures up to them.

100 percent agree w/ u......no one will ever compare to thier love
“If you do that one more time, YOU’RE GOING TO LOSE A FINGER!!”
gillyinfatuation.tumblr.com

ObfuscatedAgent
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator
ObfuscatedAgent

Postby ObfuscatedAgent » July 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm

Shipper for M&S first and foremost. They can't compare to any others, however...

I used to ship Luke and Lorelai from Gilmore Girls.

I also liked Sawyer and Juliet from Lost.

See I could say I'd like certain characters to be together, but I wouldn't say I ship them because to me that is a much stronger feeling lol.
Maybe there's hope.

maurisap
Site Admin
maurisap

Postby maurisap » July 3rd, 2010, 8:52 pm

I ship M&S. That's it. And it took years to get me to the point where I thought it made more sense to have them together than apart. I was noromo for years.

Sometimes I can envision a relationship between Peter and Olivia, or between Walter and Astrid. Sometimes not.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.

Quest
Eddie Van Blundht, Plumber
Quest

Postby Quest » July 4th, 2010, 7:31 am

I only ship Mulder and Scully as well. Although, I could get into the Astrid and Walter thing. lol

THE ANSWERS ARE THERE, YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR THEM.

MelissaLScully
Rob Roberts, Food Service
MelissaLScully

Postby MelissaLScully » July 4th, 2010, 11:49 pm

I'm only for Mulder and Scully as well.

The reason I don't want Peter and Olivia together is because I like the current relationship between them...the banter is fun to watch. Kind of like the first 7 or so years of Mulder and Scully. I think their relationship needs to develop more.
"It's like looking in a mirror."

Menagerie
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner
Menagerie

Postby Menagerie » July 5th, 2010, 4:33 pm

I'm only an active shipper of Mulder and Scully (in terms of watching the whole show, fanfic, online fandom, etc.) But I do like Jack and Liz from 30 Rock.
"I was raised a Catholic, and I have a certain familiarity with the scripture. And God never lets the Devil steal the show." - Scully, Miracle Man

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 6th, 2010, 8:54 am

Wow, amazing that most of us only ship Mulder and Scully, I wonder if it's because this is an X Files site or it's really that Mulder and Scully are such a special TV couple? I think they were something special.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.

GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78

Postby GillyDreamer78 » July 6th, 2010, 9:02 am

SpecialAgent88 wrote:Wow, amazing that most of us only ship Mulder and Scully, I wonder if it's because this is an X Files site or it's really that Mulder and Scully are such a special TV couple? I think they were something special.

No one will ever be like Mulder and Scully, it's just impossible.

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 6th, 2010, 9:06 am

GillyDreamer78 wrote:
SpecialAgent88 wrote:Wow, amazing that most of us only ship Mulder and Scully, I wonder if it's because this is an X Files site or it's really that Mulder and Scully are such a special TV couple? I think they were something special.

Very true GD78, I agree no one and I mean no one will be like Mulder and Scully, but every show will continue to try, they will be known as the greatest classic Love Story on TV.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Gillyinfatuation
Gillyinfatuation

Postby Gillyinfatuation » July 6th, 2010, 8:45 pm

SpecialAgent88 wrote:
GillyDreamer78 wrote:

Very true GD78, I agree no one and I mean no one will be like Mulder and Scully, but every show will continue to try, they will be known as the greatest classic Love Story on TV.

I think it is because of the deep respect they had for one another that makes them so special. Not to mention how they were always there for each other, through some of the hardest times. And what CC always says it is a love afair of the minds. That is why I think no character on tv will ever a.be written the way that M&S were written, b. there will never be actors w/ such chemistry as GA & DD, and C. there will never be a fan base quite like TXF where people have to wait so long to see the main characters admit the love they share.

xf4life
Phillip Padgett, Typist
xf4life

Postby xf4life » July 6th, 2010, 10:08 pm

Well said Gillyinfatuation! :) I mostly ship Mulder and Scully, but sometimes I ship Booth and Brennan, House and Cuddy, and Jim and Pam. But none of them stands up to M&S. They are like soul mates and they have perfect chemistry. Mulder and Scully forever! :D
"This stubborness of yours ... it's why I fell in love with you."

JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.
JeSouhaite

Postby JeSouhaite » July 6th, 2010, 10:47 pm

xf4life wrote:Well said Gillyinfatuation! :) I mostly ship Mulder and Scully, but sometimes I ship Booth and Brennan, House and Cuddy, and Jim and Pam. But none of them stands up to M&S. They are like soul mates and they have perfect chemistry. Mulder and Scully forever! :D

Okay, I was prepared to say that I only "ship" for M&S; however, XF4LIFE reminded me of Jim and Pam. I do love the Office. I don't watch it regularly, but I do think I own all the seasons.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 7th, 2010, 1:09 am

I also like to watch the office as this show really hits home for me, but I don't ship Pam and Jim. I really like the Brennan and Booth partnership in Bones, I think their relationship is rather cute and Brennan reminds me of Scully without the social skills. Scully and Brennan both are doctors, dedicated to their work, highly intelligent and in love with their FBI Partner.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Gillyinfatuation
Gillyinfatuation

Postby Gillyinfatuation » July 7th, 2010, 9:28 am

xf4life wrote:Well said Gillyinfatuation! :) I mostly ship Mulder and Scully, but sometimes I ship Booth and Brennan, House and Cuddy, and Jim and Pam. But none of them stands up to M&S. They are like soul mates and they have perfect chemistry. Mulder and Scully forever! :D

Thankks xf4life......i watch other shows and would like to see couples together.......like Grissim and Sarah from CSI.......I also would like Olivia and Elliot from SVU.......I also want Abby and McGee from NCIS toget involed. I just can say I ship them.....if they get together than great but if not then oh well I'll live. W/ Mulder and Scully I HAD to see them together, I NEEDED them to admit their love.

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 7th, 2010, 10:40 am

i think it is because of the deep respect they had for one another that makes them so special. Not to mention how they were always there for each other, through some of the hardest times. And what CC always says it is a love afair of the minds. That is why I think no character on tv will ever a.be written the way that M&S were written, b. there will never be actors w/ such chemistry as GA & DD, and C. there will never be a fan base quite like TXF where people have to wait so long to see the main characters admit the love they share.

Aw Gi, what a beautiful response to their relationship, I've missed all your postings, Welcome back.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78

Postby GillyDreamer78 » July 7th, 2010, 11:53 am

Gillyinfatuation wrote:

Thankks xf4life......i watch other shows and would like to see couples together.......like Grissim and Sarah from CSI.......I also would like Olivia and Elliot from SVU.......I also want Abby and McGee from NCIS toget involed. I just can say I ship them.....if they get together than great but if not then oh well I'll live. W/ Mulder and Scully I HAD to see them together, I NEEDED them to admit their love.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I mean, I really like House and Cuddy together but I don't really ship them. Like you said, if they get together OK but if not, well it's OK too. I will never ship another couple the way I ship Mulder and Scully. They are EPIC!

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 7th, 2010, 7:24 pm

GD78 it sounds like you really enjoy shipping Mulder and Scully, how romantic. Well I'm going to join you because I only ship Mulder and Scully too, because nobody even comes close to Mulder and Scully, they are just such a special couple.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Gillyinfatuation
Gillyinfatuation

Postby Gillyinfatuation » July 7th, 2010, 8:00 pm

SpecialAgent88 wrote:i think it is because of the deep respect they had for one another that makes them so special. Not to mention how they were always there for each other, through some of the hardest times. And what CC always says it is a love afair of the minds. That is why I think no character on tv will ever a.be written the way that M&S were written, b. there will never be actors w/ such chemistry as GA & DD, and C. there will never be a fan base quite like TXF where people have to wait so long to see the main characters admit the love they share.

Aw Gi, what a beautiful response to their relationship, I've missed all your postings, Welcome back.

Thanks SA88...... I missed u too, Sweetie...*hugs*

MelissaLScully
MelissaLScully

Postby MelissaLScully » July 10th, 2010, 2:26 am

I think we're all just secretly (or not so secretly) in love with Mulder and Scully being in love lol, and perhaps we express that love of Mulder and Scully's relationship vicariously through the potential couples on the other shows we watch, and then are disappointed when it's not as good. If that makes any sense at all...it made sense in my head before I typed it haha.
"It's like looking in a mirror."

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 10th, 2010, 10:21 am

MelissaLScully wrote:I think we're all just secretly (or not so secretly) in love with Mulder and Scully being in love lol, and perhaps we express that love of Mulder and Scully's relationship vicariously through the potential couples on the other shows we watch, and then are disappointed when it's not as good. If that makes any sense at all...it made sense in my head before I typed it haha.

I'm a little strange in that way too, I do end up comparing each TV couple to Mulder and Scully and I know it's wrong, but I just can't help myself. I usually end up disappointed in the show because the relationship is just not as good as Mulder and Scully. I only follow two TV shows they are Bones and Fringe; both shows are similar to the X Files in that it's a FBI cop show and have male and female leads. I'm guilty of comparing the leads to Mulder and Scully, but should realize that it's not fair, so I'm trying.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78

Postby GillyDreamer78 » July 10th, 2010, 10:31 am

SpecialAgent88 wrote:
MelissaLScully wrote:I think we're all just secretly (or not so secretly) in love with Mulder and Scully being in love lol, and perhaps we express that love of Mulder and Scully's relationship vicariously through the potential couples on the other shows we watch, and then are disappointed when it's not as good. If that makes any sense at all...it made sense in my head before I typed it haha.

I'm a little strange in that why too, I do end up comparing each TV couple to Mulder and Scully and I know it's wrong, but I just can't help myself. I usually end up disappointed in the show because the relationship is just not as good as Mulder and Scully. I only follow two TV shows they are Bones and Fringe; both shows are similar to the X Files in that it's a FBI cop show and have male and female leads. I'm guilty of comparing the leads to Mulder and Scully, but should realize that it's not fair, so I'm trying.

That is the main reason why I hate Bones, not just don't like but hate. They totally copied the Scully and Mulder UST and I really hate that. Writers and producers of the shows who try to copy Mulder and Scully relationship should just realize that they can't copy them. There will never be another Mulder and Scully, it's impossible.

MartinaBC
Phillip Padgett, Typist
MartinaBC

Postby MartinaBC » July 11th, 2010, 10:10 am

I second that. Mulder and Scully were any are a unique couple, and there will never be a great couple like them.

Well, Neo and Trinity in "Matrix" were great too, but that´s another story...
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hands"
( from The X Files, Episode "Amor Fati")

KEZMULDER
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
KEZMULDER

Postby KEZMULDER » July 12th, 2010, 8:26 am

Mine are

Mulder and Scully

Lois and clark ..on lois and clark and smallville

Sara and Grisson ..CSI
FOLLOW MY BLOG :)http://kezgeek.blogspot.com/

FACEBOOK GROUP
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 366&v=wall

MartinaBC
Phillip Padgett, Typist
MartinaBC

Postby MartinaBC » July 12th, 2010, 11:44 am

MelissaScully wrote:

"I think we're all just secretly (or not so secretly) in love with Mulder and Scully being in love lol, and perhaps we express that love of Mulder and Scully's relationship vicariously through the potential couples on the other shows we watch, and then are disappointed when it's not as good. If that makes any sense at all...it made sense in my head before I typed it haha."

Hmmm, yesss, if I think well and remember well I waited for Mulder and Scully falling in love from the first episodes on. And then I couldn´t watch the X files when they really fell in love....haha. And in each episode I liked to see the aliens, monsters, creepy people, the other actors, ...but most of all I loved to see the little gestures of love, the friendship, the trust, the loevely sense of humour and the caring way between Scully and Mulder. :)

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 18th, 2010, 8:33 am

MartinaBC,

I'll like to ask you how popular the X Files are in Germany? I know the show is international, but I'm really curious. This is only my opinion and I don't have any real proof, but my feeling is that the X Files is declining in popularity in the USA. I hope I'm wrong, but nobody I know is an X Files fan, people tell me they used to watch or liked the show, as in past tense.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

MartinaBC
Phillip Padgett, Typist
MartinaBC

Postby MartinaBC » July 18th, 2010, 11:18 am

The show X files is still popular in Germany. I am on a german forum where most of the memnbers are great fans and have quite a number of relatives and friends who are fans, too. And most of my friends are, and I have many friends in Germany and other european countries and abroad.

Luckily the first seasons of the X Files are repeated here on the "Tele 5 " TV channel since January. First they only wanted to repeat the first season, now we are at the third as many people asked for it. :)

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » July 18th, 2010, 11:28 am

Thank you for your response and that's wonderful that it's so popular in Germany. Just from my interaction with German fans, the enthusiasm for the X Files does seem to run very high in your country and that's great.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

DkSMoTMaEs
DkSMoTMaEs

Postby DkSMoTMaEs » September 22nd, 2010, 11:10 pm

I'm just a Mulder and Scully shipper 2 FM+DS.

MartinaBC
Phillip Padgett, Typist
MartinaBC

Postby MartinaBC » September 23rd, 2010, 4:41 am

Good news from Germany:

From the beginning of this year on we could watch the first X Files seasons on the TV channel "Tele 5" again (Thursdays, 9.20 - 10.20 pm). It seems that so many people watched it again that "Tele 5" is now showing a double feature (2 X Files episodes) each Thursday, and at the best evening hours: from 8.15 pm to 10.20 pm!! :mrgreen:

Which shows that the X files have still lots of old and new fans who are fascinated by the show. :D

SpecialAgent88
SpecialAgent88

Postby SpecialAgent88 » September 23rd, 2010, 6:24 am

Martina, thats really good news and it sounds like the X Files is alive and well in Germany. In the USA, I just checked our cable station and the X Files only plays twice a week at 2am in the morning. Now how is the show going to grow and generate new fans at 2am in the morning, not a good sign where I live in California.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Unicorn1013
Big Mike, Staff Vet
Unicorn1013

Postby Unicorn1013 » September 26th, 2010, 7:52 pm

Mulder and Scully!!! hug]

and Sam and Jack, Stargate SG1
What can be imagined, can be achieved. We must dare to dream.

Wanna meet philes from all over the world in person? --> http://www.couchsurfing.com/group.html?gid=18980

muldersalias
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
muldersalias

Postby muldersalias » September 26th, 2010, 8:53 pm

the original (m&s, obvs)
house and cuddy
*thinks of shows she watches, trying to remember*
to be quite honest i don't really have any other characters that i support like those two. there are others, but none of them have captured my interest like the msr and house/cuddy (i refuse to use 'huddy').

and on that note, i reserve the phrase "shipper" and all of its parts of speech for mulder and scully. they are the original. in txf fandom, you're either a shipper (meaning you go for the msr) or you have another pairing you prefer (dippers, drippers, snoggers, what have you). for house and cuddy, i just see myself as being in favor of them being together (or looking at each other in certain ways, metaphorical conversations, what have you. being shippers here, you all get what i mean by those minuscule things: the tiniest moments which, if you look at them with your head to the side, it's so romantic and all that stuff. subtle crap). but i don't call myself a shipper in regard to them. i just love their dynamic and support them being in a relationship, or being friends, or having ust (or rst, as it were).

lols that might be the most convoluted paragraph ever. but]
look to the stars
let hope burn in your eyes
and we'll love, and we'll hate, and we'll die
all to no avail, all to no avail
-muse

danaleigh2008
danaleigh2008
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
danaleigh2008

Postby danaleigh2008 » September 27th, 2010, 4:54 am

as well as M&S..

Ugly betty .. Mark and amanda
Ugly betty...daniel and wilhelmina
Eastenders... sharon and dennis
True blood... sookie and bill

Unicorn1013
Big Mike, Staff Vet
Unicorn1013

Postby Unicorn1013 » September 28th, 2010, 9:26 am

Oh, and I fortgot:
Bella & Edward, Twilight <3
What can be imagined, can be achieved. We must dare to dream.

Wanna meet philes from all over the world in person? --> http://www.couchsurfing.com/group.html?gid=18980

Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer
Agent Spooky

Postby Agent Spooky » September 29th, 2010, 3:33 pm

I'm definitely a shipper.

Mulder and Scully
Niles and Daphne
Booth and Brennan
House and Cuddy

etc.
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012

Lish31
Lish31

Postby Lish31 » September 30th, 2010, 3:14 am

Xf is the only show I've ever been into enough to really spend time thinking about the relationship between two characters. I mean, I like other shows and I'm entertained by them, but XF is so different. M&S are as good as it gets. Anything else inevitably falls way short of expectations.

scully_hair
Darin Oswald, Electricity
scully_hair

Postby scully_hair » October 1st, 2010, 7:52 pm

I ship M/S exclusively. Other "ships" seem so feeble and petty in comparison, that I really don't see the point in wasting time on them. What Mulder and Scully had could not possibly ever be recreated.