curveycutie84
curveycutie84
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner
curveycutie84

X-Philes=hopeless romantics?

Postby curveycutie84 » August 8th, 2010, 8:36 am

okay so i just got done watching some xfile vids.....thank you yellowbee!
anyway it just got me think that apart of why i love Mulder and Scully is the
hopeless romantic part of me...and a lot of philes i know are kind of in the same boat.
i was wondering if you all agree, or disagree with the thought that x-philes (or should i say
shippers) are really just romantics at heart. dont get me wrong thats not the only reason i watched
but over the years and even now its one of the reasons i still love it ;)

GillyDreamer78
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control
GillyDreamer78

Re: X-Philes=hopeless romantics?

Postby GillyDreamer78 » August 8th, 2010, 9:10 am

Yes, I do partly agree with you. I am romantic too but it's not the only reason why I watched the show either. But the connection between Mulder and Scully was so powerful that I just couldn't not to fall in love with Mulder and Scully.
As for other philes, I really can't tell. I suppose a lot of them are romantics too, however I do think that some of the philes see just the sexual attraction between Scully and Mulder. I see it too because you can't deny it but there is so much more between them. They so fit together in every possible way. In my opinion Mulder and Scully are the most romantic TV couple I have ever seen and the best thing about it is that they were not meant to be in the beginning but they just fell in love.

Gillyfan
Rob Roberts, Food Service
Gillyfan

Postby Gillyfan » January 2nd, 2011, 5:34 pm

Talking personally, its the concept of having that kind of relationship on offer (and the fact that G&D played M&S is a bonus).

Having someone in your life who is your soul mate. Someone who understands you and accepts you for who you are, even if they dont agree with some aspects of your life. Someone who you can truly rely on, and literally trust with your life. Someone who wont use you and who wont stab you in the back. Someone who wont run at the first hurdle. The fact that you start out as strangers, end up as best friends and that love each other and then in turn fall in love with each other.

Thats the concept I mean. Who wouldnt want that in a partner?
Theres a difference between being listened to, and being heard. ~Gillian Anderson

LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director
LondonLady

Postby LondonLady » September 4th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Very well said, Gillyfan.
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012