XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Marita and Krycek

Conduct in this topic must adhere to guidelines for the entire site: pg-13, friendly, and on-topic.

Moderators: JeSouhaite, ItsOutThere, TruthIsOutThere

Marita and Krycek

Postby maurisap » November 12th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Was anyone surprised when Marita and Krycek exchanged the big, sloppy, and extremely hot kiss?

When do you think this relationship started?
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
Image
User avatar
maurisap
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2678
Joined: March 1st, 2010, 11:41 am
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby maurisap » November 15th, 2010, 7:07 pm

That would have been an awesome story to see. Maybe a flashback episode like Musings? Or completely told in flashbacks like Unusual Suspects. They are two characters that I feel were kind of wasted, and I sincerely hope that we find out in XF3 that Skinner killed a Krycek clone and not the real one.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
Image
User avatar
maurisap
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2678
Joined: March 1st, 2010, 11:41 am
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby Salome » November 15th, 2010, 7:37 pm

I read somewhere that they wanted to to a Krycek centered episode in Season 7, but it never came to fruition. Maybe we could've gotten some of their backstory. What a loss!
User avatar
Salome
Darin Oswald, Electricity
 
Posts: 883
Joined: October 28th, 2010, 5:25 pm
Location: 66 Exeter St.

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby JeSouhaite » November 15th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Dang, what a good idea... a Krycek centered episode! Oh, man... They so should have done one. I do think that Marita and Krycek had some sort of history. I would have loved to have seen an ep exploring their past relations.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
User avatar
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: June 9th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby SpecialAgent88 » November 17th, 2010, 8:50 am

Okay now I have to admit something here, it was always my impression that Marita had a thing for Mulder, but Mulder never caught on because he needed her for information and nothing more. Now I made another observation, I believe this is the only woman on the show that Scully never got jealous over that had a hint of an interest in Mulder. Does anyone else think that Marita had a thing for Mulder or was it just my imagination?

Now about the Marita and Krycek kiss, I thought the kiss was hot and they may have known each other from prior dealings with the Russian conspiracy or American syndicate.
Image
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
User avatar
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division
 
Posts: 10159
Joined: June 9th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby SpecialAgent88 » November 17th, 2010, 11:50 pm

Marita and Mulder in Tunguska; I know Mulder visits her apartment to get information and Marita’s in her sexy pj’s and she’s really flirty with Mulder, judging by her body language and tone of voice. Marita agrees to help Mulder because she believes in his cause; and she stands in front of her bedroom with an inviting look on her face.

However, I think the following sequence proves that they didn’t get together that night. When Mulder hears that she is willing to help him, he looks at his watch and it reads something like 3am, then in the next scene, Mulder returns to his car and his watch reads 3:12 am. I believe we were allowed to see Mulder looking at his watch so that fans would not speculate that Marita and Mulder had more than a casual rendezvous that night. In other words, the time on Mulder’s watch was proof that nothing happened between them that night; because there was such little time in between. But, I could be completely wrong.
Image
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
User avatar
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division
 
Posts: 10159
Joined: June 9th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby SpecialAgent88 » November 17th, 2010, 11:52 pm

Image

Tunguska - time when Mulder returns to the car after visiting Marita, sorry I don't have the time when Mulder wakes up from his little nap on Marita's couch.

Image

Marita tells Mulder she is willing to help him because she believes in his cause.
Last edited by SpecialAgent88 on December 11th, 2010, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
User avatar
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division
 
Posts: 10159
Joined: June 9th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby SpecialAgent88 » November 18th, 2010, 1:43 am

Sorry my fault we should get back onto the right topic.

Was anyone surprised when Marita and Krycek exchanged the big, sloppy, and extremely hot kiss?

When do you think this relationship started?
Image
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
User avatar
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division
 
Posts: 10159
Joined: June 9th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby gorgclaud » December 11th, 2010, 12:56 pm

I was totally shocked when Krycek and Marita kissed. It just didnt cross my mind that they were flirting or anything before hand. It makes sense in a way, but it did come out of no where.

I did think that Marita and Mulder had some UST between them, for sure, that Tunguska scene is piled with sexual tension....did Scully ever see Covarubias? did she ever have a scene with her cause i dont think so.
gorgclaud
 

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby gorgclaud » December 13th, 2010, 1:40 pm

dont blame ya! The Truth was on TV yesterday and oh god, help me!

Yes the relationship between Marita and Alex made sense. I do wish they did more about it. But then both characters should have been used more, together and apart.

Yeah i didnt think Scully had any scenes with Covarubias. So any sort of non-jealousy plot would be very hard to determine.
gorgclaud
 

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby stealthgear » December 30th, 2010, 12:15 am

I had no idea who they were when I saw them do that. I saw it as a kid. I just realized that she was "bad" for doing it because I knew that Krycek wanted to kill mulder. I think most of it was lost on me. I'm not sure how well it worked, but its still a shocker.
stealthgear
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner
 
Posts: 7
Joined: December 19th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby gorgclaud » December 30th, 2010, 9:50 am

stealthgear wrote: I just realized that she was "bad" for doing it because I knew that Krycek wanted to kill mulder.



He was bad for wanting this??!! :lol: (joke) :D
gorgclaud
 

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby maurisap » December 30th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Yes, I was Completely shocked when Marita and Krycek jumped each other. That was one of the raunchiest kisses ever! *wipes brow

I think my mouth was hanging open during that whole scene. :D
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
Image
User avatar
maurisap
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2678
Joined: March 1st, 2010, 11:41 am
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby Agent Skulder » January 3rd, 2011, 1:36 am

The first time I saw this kiss I thought okay- guess I missed something that happened in a prior episode. Then I caught it again in one of the late night mini marathons and realized there hadn't been anything TO miss!

I'll bet that episode originally aired during a Sweeps Month (when ad rates are set in the US)  & someone had the "brilliant idea" that these two as a couple would boost ratings, primarily for the following week's episode. (You know, Would there be a part two ...?). Well, they blew it.  Marita's character had the sex appeal of.... furniture! It's like they had 2 minutes time left to fill, so the director yelled: Passionate Kiss... GO! :lol:
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
User avatar
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support
 
Posts: 9459
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 9:48 pm
Location: Eastern USA

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby gorgclaud » January 3rd, 2011, 11:45 am

I'll bet that episode originally aired during a Sweeps Month (when ad rates are set in the US) & someone had the "brilliant idea" that these two as a couple would boost ratings, primarily for the following week's episode. (You know, Would there be a part two ...?). Well, they blew it. Marita's character had the sex appeal of.... furniture! It's like they had 2 minutes time left to fill, so the director yelled: Passionate Kiss... GO



Well plot-wise they did this scene because Marita was fooling Krycek in order to get the boy, cause she was working against him and she was working for the syndicate. It could be said that she did not fancy or love him at all because of this. At the season 5 point I dont think the creators or anyone behind the scenes did anything to get ratings, I think they were very successful at this point still.
gorgclaud
 

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby Agent Skulder » January 3rd, 2011, 12:17 pm

gorgclaud wrote: Well plot-wise they did this scene because Marita was fooling Krycek in order to get the boy, cause she was working against him and she was working for the syndicate. It could be said that she did not fancy or love him at all because of this.....

I completely forgot this! So would you say that kiss was maybe pure unadulterated ... Lust? party]
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
User avatar
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support
 
Posts: 9459
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 9:48 pm
Location: Eastern USA

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby gorgclaud » January 3rd, 2011, 12:21 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:
gorgclaud wrote: Well plot-wise they did this scene because Marita was fooling Krycek in order to get the boy, cause she was working against him and she was working for the syndicate. It could be said that she did not fancy or love him at all because of this.....

I completely forgot this! So would you say that kiss was maybe pure unadulterated ... Lust? party]


Krycek was probaly gagging for some ass but I think Marita was just using him...or maybe she enjoyed it too...judging by her she reacted when she saw him again in One Son, she probably developed feelings for him... but then of course he has feelings for her too, cause he protected her in The Truth.
gorgclaud
 

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby Funk Mulder » January 3rd, 2011, 12:25 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:I'll bet that episode originally aired during a Sweeps Month (when ad rates are set in the US) & someone had the "brilliant idea" that these two as a couple would boost ratings, primarily for the following week's episode. (You know, Would there be a part two ...?). Well, they blew it. Marita's character had the sex appeal of.... furniture! It's like they had 2 minutes time left to fill, so the director yelled: Passionate Kiss... GO! :lol:


Image

I love the bolded part!

It's true - she was an awful, albeit useful character. I think they were trying to use some of Krycek's appeal to boost hers, but it failed. Who needs another Boris and Natasha or whatever anyway - that's not clever anymore.
User avatar
Funk Mulder
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
 
Posts: 89
Joined: January 2nd, 2011, 9:59 pm

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby Agent Skulder » January 3rd, 2011, 4:50 pm

Funk Mulder wrote: Who needs another Boris and Natasha or whatever anyway - that's not clever anymore.

You're right - but remember, THEN it was still the 90's!
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
User avatar
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support
 
Posts: 9459
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 9:48 pm
Location: Eastern USA

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby gorgclaud » January 3rd, 2011, 6:33 pm

who's Boris and Natasha? :)
gorgclaud
 

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby Funk Mulder » January 3rd, 2011, 6:46 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:
Funk Mulder wrote: Who needs another Boris and Natasha or whatever anyway - that's not clever anymore.

You're right - but remember, THEN it was still the 90's!

:lol: so true! And they had just made the B & N movie!!

gorgclaud wrote:who's Boris and Natasha? :)

The Russian spies on Rocky & Bullwinkle. :)

I think in the movie, if I remember right, B & N's enemies were real agents but they were codenamed Moose & Squirrel. Oh, man, I haven't seen that movie in YEARS.

It really would have been p f hot if Marita & Alex had become some sort of an international spying dream team, in retrospect. ;)
User avatar
Funk Mulder
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
 
Posts: 89
Joined: January 2nd, 2011, 9:59 pm

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby gorgclaud » January 3rd, 2011, 7:02 pm

the only things i know about Moose and Squirrel are what Mulder & Scully talk about in Never Again!
gorgclaud
 

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby Funk Mulder » January 3rd, 2011, 7:17 pm

Look, gorg! It's Marita and Krycek!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHqy-chPMnM

;)
User avatar
Funk Mulder
Ed Jerse, Skin Care
 
Posts: 89
Joined: January 2nd, 2011, 9:59 pm

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby Agent Spooky » January 7th, 2011, 2:03 pm

maurisap wrote:That would have been an awesome story to see. Maybe a flashback episode like Musings? Or completely told in flashbacks like Unusual Suspects. They are two characters that I feel were kind of wasted, and I sincerely hope that we find out in XF3 that Skinner killed a Krycek clone and not the real one.

Definitely. I really was interested in their relationship. I wonder if it had to deal with the whole being under cover thing? Maybe that's what drew them together -- dealing with the stress of it and such...
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
User avatar
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer
 
Posts: 428
Joined: September 28th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Re: Marita and Krycek

Postby LondonLady » September 4th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Good point, Agent Spooky.

Also, I agree that a Krycek-centred episode would have been brilliant, and enlightening. Indeed, maybe the idea was shelved for the very reason that Krycek needed to remain a complete mystery.
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012
User avatar
LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director
 
Posts: 7822
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 9:49 am


Return to MSR and Traditional Relationships

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests