XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

David Duchovny's Causes & Charities

Moderator: ItsOutThere

David Duchovny's Causes & Charities

Postby Agent Skulder » June 5th, 2011, 2:16 am

Many people are unaware of David Duchovny's affiliation with different causes and charities mainly because he likes to fly under the radar. He's also not on Twitter or Facebook which means he does no self promotion; "news" must be sourced via backtracking random links.

One such cause could be titled "Butts on Bikes." (Not our verbiage.)

Most folks (at least in the US) know how famous California is for monstrous traffic in the LA area. So "The 100 Mile Man and The Harold Robinson Foundation are teaming up bringing their annual bike ride [- using STATIONARY BIKES -] to the the West Coast at the Santa Monica Pier [the weekend of June 4th]. 100 Butts. 100 Bikes. 100 Miles! All of the proceeds will go to the Harold Robinson Foundation, providing a camp experience for underprivileged children that would otherwise never get the opportunity. The aim of the event is to raise $ 500,000 which will send 20 different inner-city schools to camp for all expense paid retreats."

David Duchovny is expected to participate; other famous cyclists include Peter Krause and lots of Baywatch hardbodies. All participants - famous and civilians alike - have 6 hours to complete 100 miles either on their own or by switching off with team mates.

See http://www.looktothestars.org/news/6399 ... or-charity for more info. If the participants' results are published we'll have them here!
Last edited by Agent Skulder on April 2nd, 2013, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Re: Duchovny's Causes & Charities

Postby Agent Skulder » June 5th, 2011, 3:04 am

Duchovny is acutely aware of the dog overpopulation, especially in NY where he & his family live. So it came as no surprise this Spring when he was asked by the 600million.org group to film a PSA. (http://600million.org/)

Per HuffPo (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/1 ... 63322.html) , article includes a brief YT PSA:

"Other organizations are getting more creative. 600million.org is an organization that proposes an animal sterilization pill to cut down on animal population, and in turn, reduce animal abuse and killings. Alex Pacheco, co-founder of PETA, came out of retirement to begin the movement.... Duchovny goes on to describe a pill being developed by scientists in order to sterilize dogs and reduce overpopulation in a safe and humane way.
In the video, Duchovny requests donations so that 600million.org can pay for development, regulatory approval, and distribution of the pill. Beyond supporting innovative organizations like 600million.org, consider adoption over buying from a breeder, and be sure to spay/neuter your pets. You can help change the headlines."
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Skulder » June 5th, 2011, 10:25 pm

As mentioned 2 posts up, Duchovny participated in the "Pedal On The Pier Charity Event" Benefiting Inner City Schools 06/05/2011 at the Santa Monica Pier in California. (Sounds better than Butts on Bikes).

He was part of Team Kinetic, sponsored by Kinetic Cycling. Total dollars raised are still being tallied.
For more images see: http://www.wireimage.com/ItemListings.a ... 724&nbc1=1
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby dreamy » June 6th, 2011, 5:01 am

He looks great! :lf
dreamy
Blane Faulkner, Wannabe Abductee

Postby GillyDreamer78 » June 6th, 2011, 5:23 am

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Via philiater1
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Postby Agent Skulder » June 6th, 2011, 11:42 am

Thanks for posting, GillyDreamer! I got my miserable little bike shot to post by doing the upload to phone / save to Photobucket / download here / "exercise."

Makes me wonder (as it does with all these half-shaved dudes) - is that constant itchy feeling really worth the Don'tcha Think I'm Sexy look? Mix in lots of sweat from the stationary "race" ... Doesn't sound comfy...

Anyway - from the photos of the all the bikers, Duchovny was one of the more "senior" members participating - only Mike Newman (Baywatch but lifeguard IRL) is older by 3 years.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby dreamy » June 6th, 2011, 2:07 pm

+ 52 pics from Philiater are here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/louwvv
dreamy

Postby Agent Skulder » June 6th, 2011, 5:05 pm

D&G- Please check your link? This gives me a screen to subscribe in order to download...
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby dreamy » June 7th, 2011, 6:26 am

It's ok for me, you just need to put Regular Download and you'll get the link in the bottom of the page.
dreamy

Postby Agent Skulder » June 7th, 2011, 11:46 am

THANK YOU D&G!

But... Thanks to Jobs and his weird obsession with specific coding - Safari (Apple) doesn't play nice with certain software. No matter ... At some point a geek will convert the code and all will be available! I thought these platform wars were nearing an end.... In this case, later rather than sooner ....
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Skulder » June 23rd, 2011, 5:41 pm

For anyone interested in Duchovny's charity involvement "at a glance" here's an interesting website:
http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity ... d-duchovny

This details his involvement in several charities and includes related news items.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Queequeg0925 » June 29th, 2011, 8:27 pm

cool! thanks for the 411!!
Scully: "I want everything I should want at this time of my life. Maybe I want the life I didn't choose."

Queequeg0925
Holman Hardt, Rain King

Postby Agent Skulder » October 13th, 2011, 2:18 am

http://www.looktothestars.org/news/7109 ... z1aZpqWAKo

Duchovny's participating in a "Stars Go Dunking For Dogs At Charity Event" the week of Oct 12, 2011...
See the link for more info...

To benefit 600million.org which is a 501 ©3 non-profit created by Alex Pacheco (the co-founder of PETA) to end the global problem of stray dog overpopulation. The goal of 600million.org is to develop and distribute around the world a single dose oral sterilization pill which will not harm dogs, but make them unable to reproduce, thereby organically reducing the numbers of strays around the world, and saving them from the often brutal ‘population control’ methods used by many countries, including poisoning, beating to death, shooting, electrocution and more.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Skulder » October 27th, 2011, 1:38 am

Celebrities To Attend Kids For Kids Carnival For Charity - Nov 5 2011

http://www.looktothestars.org/news/7206 ... or-charity

October 25, 2011

On Saturday, November 5, the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is hosting its 18th Annual “Kids for Kids Carnival” in New York City to bring children and families together and raise awareness on the global efforts to eliminate pediatric HIV and AIDS.

Many celebrities support the Foundation’s efforts and are expected to attend the 2011 “Kids for Kids Carnival.” They include, but are not limited to: Bridget Moynahan, Kelly Rutherford, Julianna Margulies, Kyra Sedgwick and David Duchovny.

Each year the Carnival attracts over 1,000 people including adults and children, which raises around $1.5 million dollars to help fund research and education on pediatric HIV and AIDS, giving hope to mothers and children with the disease. The “Kids for Kids Carnival” offers celebrity-hosted games and activities and samplings from New York’s best restaurants. The fun-filled event will be held at Skylight Soho, transformed into a “Journey around Africa” setting by David Stark Design and Production. This year’s activity sponsors include: Disney, 77kids by American Eagle, SPiN, New York Central Art Supply, and Princess Expressions.

Highlights of the “Kids for Kids Carnival” will include: T-shirt decorating from American Eagle; the beloved Disney Reading Room; an African drum workshop led by the Alvin Ailey Dance Workshop; a celebrity vs. children ping pong booth provided by SPiN ofNYC; and a fairytale dress up booth from Princess Expressions, just to name a few. Several of New York City’s finest restaurants will be participating in Restaurant Row: On the Rocks, Serendipity 3, ’wichcraft by Tom Colicchio, and many more.

WHERE:
Skylight Soho
275 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013

WHEN:
Saturday, November 5, 2011
1:00pm – 4:00pm ET
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Re: David Duchovny's Causes & Charities

Postby Agent Skulder » January 31st, 2013, 2:20 pm

Garden of Dreams Bring Laughter, Hope & Inspiration to Children
Jan 26, 2013
NYC, NY

via Ravi Report (RR)

Garden of Laughs [Jan 26 2013] was one of the most anticipated and exciting star-studded event at Madison Square Garden that was not only full of iconic comedians, TV & film stars, top athletes and musicians, but was an event that brought awareness to one of the most amazing children’s organizations in the world, The Garden of Dreams Foundation. (http://www.gardenofdreamsfoundation.org)

The Garden of Dreams Foundation is an organization founded in 2006 that makes dreams come true for children facing struggles and life obstacles. The foundation collaborates with 22 other organizations and sport teams to make dreams comes true for children and their families by connecting them to the magic of The Madison Square Garden Company. Garden of Dreams produces nearly 500 events a year and has helped achieved the dreams of over 220,000 children. Can you say GREAT karma folks?

Award-winning actor David Duchovny has been a strong supporter of Garden of Dreams and was honored to be part of the iconic ensemble of entertainers and sports legends.

** See link for photo; too large **
http://theravireport.files.wordpress.co ... aymond.jpg

RR: Pleasure to see you again David. As a well known celebrity with young children, what advice would you give to these children today that look up to celebrities as role models and mentors? 

That’s a good question. Well, it’s the same thing I tell my kids. Do what you are interested in,stay open and do all the work. You know with my kids, some subjects in school are harder then others,but I tell them,just try and see if you have any interests and don’t not do something because you might fail.

I tell my kids it’s OK to fail.

RR: You’re a Princeton University grad so have you been back recently to visit?

Go tigers! I went back 5 years ago and I think I am do for a visit. I have some friends there so I will come back. Miss it.

More on other attendees:
http://theravireport.wordpress.com/2013 ... -children/
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Return to David Duchovny