XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

David Duchovny: New Talent Agency

Moderator: ItsOutThere

David Duchovny: New Talent Agency

Postby Agent Skulder » November 23rd, 2011, 5:10 pm

This just in ....
EXCLUSIVE: Californication star David has signed with WME. He had been with ICM. Duchovny won a Golden Globe for his role on the dark Showtime comedy series whose fifth season premieres on January 8th. The X Files alum just wrapped indie thriller‘Phantom, in which he stars with Ed Harris. He also recently filmed the feature Goats alongside Vera Farmiga, Keri Russell, Minnie Driver and Ty Burrell. Duchovny continues to be repped by manager Melanie Greene and attorney Peter Nelson.

Do you think this will move the actor into more mainstream projects?

Source: http://deadline.com/2011/11/wme-signs-david-duchovny/
Last edited by Agent Skulder on April 2nd, 2013, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Re: Duchovny's New Talent Agency

Postby Songbird » November 25th, 2011, 12:40 pm

Did you read the comments posted on this site?

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/wme-sig ... /#comments

If Double D is David then it looks like Cali is coming to and end with season 5. I noticed Evan Handler has commented underneath as well.

Penny xx
I try to balance having to live in this painful physical world and trying to open up channels to another. When you experience them, you know they’re true. But when you talk about it, you’re in great danger of sounding like a knucklehead. - DD
Songbird
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby Agent Skulder » November 25th, 2011, 1:28 pm

Penny - While Nikki's reporting is flawless, her audience is more vicious than IMDb's since some posters actually are in the Industry, and love reporting early rumors. They also love to snark and go at each other with funky pseudonyms for cover. (Nikki's admonition is "not to bore her" - hence the snark.) As for "Double D" & "Evan Handler," do you seriously think either actor would comment? Their comments would be via email to Nikki (who's no amateur) so she could update the story or open a new one on the show's future.

That said, as you probably know from reading different Cali or DD boards, many fans seem to think Cali's stories are running out of steam. If so, this Season may be where Hank gets his act together and things get tied up. Generally they announce a following season closer to the premier, or after they see the first 1-3 weeks' numbers.
Last edited by Agent Skulder on November 25th, 2011, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Songbird » November 25th, 2011, 1:31 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:Penny - While Nikki's reporting is flawless, her audience is more vicious than IMDb's since some posters actually are in the Industry, and love reporting early rumors. They also love to snark and go at each other with funky pseudonyms for cover. (Nikki's admonition is "not to bore her" - hence the snark.)

That said, as you probably know from reading different Cali or DD boards, many fans seem to think Cali's stories are running out of steam. If so, this Season may be where Hank gets his act together and things get tied up. Generally they announce a following season closer to the premier, or after they see the first 1-3 weeks' numbers.

Thanks for the info. :-) I also realised that same comment is posted under LiteraryMasterpiece's music video clips of Cali - Season 5 Teaser, and written by someone called Remus0387 who's from Australia.

Season 5 is shaping up to be the final season of the show, sad that it's coming to an end but this show has been one of the highlights of American TV, David Duchovny's opus i hope they go out with a bang.

Remus0387 3 days ago
I try to balance having to live in this painful physical world and trying to open up channels to another. When you experience them, you know they’re true. But when you talk about it, you’re in great danger of sounding like a knucklehead. - DD
Songbird

Postby Agent Skulder » November 25th, 2011, 1:36 pm

You can always email Nikki or communicate via the main Deadline site and ask what they know about this comment since it's appeared twice now.

No need to quote things from the previous post here; I know what you're referring to ;)
Last edited by Agent Skulder on November 25th, 2011, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Songbird » November 25th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Oh, I know about celebs going undercover with funky codenames, especially Duchovny since I used to chat online in the past. He had such a descriptive, magical and totally cool one. 8-) But alas I promised I wouldn't share it, and I'm still keeping my word in case he ever turns up on the Net using it again. I very much doubt he will...but you never know?

I left a comment on the site...but yeah, I might email and see if this is legit?

Pen xx
Songbird

Postby Agent Skulder » November 25th, 2011, 1:41 pm

... Up to you....
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Songbird » November 25th, 2011, 1:50 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:... Up to you....

I meant the info about Cali, not if it's DD commenting.
Songbird

Postby Agent Skulder » November 25th, 2011, 1:56 pm

I know what you meant.. :) (No one cares who's commenting.)

Even more reason for you to contact Nikki, even via the Tips file since some clown seems determined to drive a cancellation rumor.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Songbird » November 25th, 2011, 2:02 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:I know what you meant.. :) (No one cares who's commenting.)

Even more reason for you to contact Nikki, even via the Tips file since some clown seems determined to drive a cancellation rumor.

I've just emailed her, so hopefully we'll see if she has any idea if it's true or not. :-)
Songbird

Postby Agent Skulder » November 25th, 2011, 2:16 pm

Again - no need to keep quote captioning on XFU...

We're really offtop] so any further Cali jazz, let's move to the Cali thread.

More important, since we now know Duchovny HAS a new Agency - the topic here - it's THEIR job to suss out cancellation rumors - not the fan's. At the fan level, it's pure gossip...
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Songbird » November 25th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Sorry to have gone off topic - story of my life! ;)

I think it's wonderful he's with WME as they are one of the biggest talent agencies in the world! Hopefully this will mean much more exposure for him, maybe in the movie industry?

Penny xx
Songbird

Re: David Duchovny: New Talent Agency

Postby Agent Skulder » November 25th, 2011, 3:00 pm

We can only assume his former agency just wasn't presenting the right opportunities to him. Even if they were, but then failed to secure contacts he was satisfied with, then it was time for a change. Time will tell whether this new relationship proves to be fruitful...
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Skulder » August 1st, 2013, 9:29 pm

Nearly 2 years later we can only assume WME didn't work out. From Administrivia thread: viewtopic.php?f=301&t=2402#p73233

Resolution Signs David Duchovny
August 1, 2013

http://deadline.com/2013/08/resolution- ... -duchovny/

EXCLUSIVE: 
David Duchovny has signed with Resolution, and the agency will help the actor as he figures out the next chapter as the seventh and final season of his Showtime series Californication premieres next April. Duchovny had been repped by WME. 

Duchovny took that series after finishing up The X-Files and two spinoff feature films. On the feature side, he will next be seen starring opposite Hope Davis and Timothy Hutton in Louder Than Words. 

Duchovny continues to be repped by manager Melanie Greene at Affirmative Entertainment and attorney Peter Nelson. [Greene is the petite, blonde woman seen in many long lens photos snapped by paps in airports.]

"Why is this agency change significant?" 
Because when an actor changes representation (agencies), it often heralds new opportunities (jobs) afforded the actor. This info may prove interesting going forward. "Does an Agency change always produce results?" No. Or, sometimes the change takes a while to manifest. (Note Carter's change to CAA a couple of years ago, which we thought might bring his projects to completion. Thus far it has not.)
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Songbird » August 2nd, 2013, 7:30 pm

Well let's hope this one works out? I did have a strong feeling 'Californication' was going to end. I mean it had reached it's limit in my opinion.
Songbird

Postby Agent Skulder » August 2nd, 2013, 7:39 pm

From everything I've read (I bailed after S2), you're right... but someone used smart timing this week:

The "last 'Series' Episode" tweets began earlier this week. And we now know (see Cali thread) that S7 won't air until April 2014. That means the series finale will air next July. This ensures there will still be Cali internet chatter for 12 more months. Hopefully, Duchovny will be attached to a big budget series or film by then.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Songbird » August 6th, 2013, 8:56 am

Agent Skulder wrote:From everything I've read (I bailed after S2), you're right... but someone used smart timing this week:

The "last 'Series' Episode" tweets began earlier this week. And we now know (see Cali thread) that S7 won't air until April 2014. That means the series finale will air next July. This ensures there will still be Cali internet chatter for 12 more months. Hopefully, Duchovny will be attached to a big budget series or film by then.

Thanks for the info. I don't tweet or twat (as Dave/Hank would say!) :lol:
Songbird

Postby Agent Skulder » August 6th, 2013, 5:07 pm

OT...

Think of this as a forum PSA: Important note to y'all in the UK. In the US, twat is a vulgar as c*nt. If DD used it on TV, he's an ass.

Platform: Twitter
Noun & Verb: tweet
One who uses Twitter: (s)tweep; (pl)tweeple (or if you're Ricky Gervais - "twonk")
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Songbird » August 8th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:OT...

Think of this as a forum PSA: Important note to y'all in the UK. In the US, twat is a vulgar as c*nt. If DD used it on TV, he's an ass.

Platform: Twitter
Noun & Verb: tweet
One who uses Twitter: (s)tweep; (pl)tweeple (or if you're Ricky Gervais - "twonk")

Do you know that the actual meaning is pregnant goldfish. That is the true definition, but it became a swear word in UK. And it's not that strong a word here in UK. How come it ended being worse in USA?? Weird!
Songbird

Postby Agent Skulder » August 8th, 2013, 4:28 pm

More OT...

Here in the US, our culture has things a bit backwards. They won't allow photos of actual (human) nipples (sans "pasties") BUT but they think it's perfectly fine to legislate women's reproductive rights!!! (WTF'gF!) It's enough to make one consider moving to Switzerland...
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Spooky » August 8th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:More OT...

Here in the US, our culture has things a bit backwards. They won't allow photos of actual (human) nipples (sans "pasties") BUT but they think it's perfectly fine to legislate women's reproductive rights!!! (WTF'gF!) It's enough to make one consider moving to Switzerland...

OT...

Yep and that would be an understatement. Me too.
Credit goes out to RLFicons for this avatar.

We want the X-Files in 2012
Agent Spooky
Alfred Fellig, Official Photographer

Return to David Duchovny