XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

David Duchovny in "The Last Full Measure"

Moderator: ItsOutThere

David Duchovny in "The Last Full Measure"

Postby Agent Skulder » April 30th, 2013, 7:56 pm

Duchovny, Fichtner join The Last Full Measure
(Thread bit: http://bit.ly/15c7S4o)
http://moviehole.net/201364158duchovny- ... ll-measure

While promoting his recent Indie film "Phantom," Todd Robinson hinted that his directorial plans for his next Indie film were in full swing. Here's the scoop, now official ...

David Duchovny is the latest actor said to be associated with the long-gestating Pararescueman drama “The Last Full Measure”. The film, which also has Andy Garcia, Robert Duvall, Laurence Fishburne and Morgan Freeman attached, reunites Duchovny with his “Phantom” writer/director Todd Robinson.

Robinson, speaking about the film’s lengthy delays in an interview with Zap2it, said Duchovny and another “Phantom” star William Fichtner have agreed to partake in the film.

Robinson says, despite the delays, “Last Full Measure” is expected to film in Georgia before the end of the year.

What appealed to Duchovny and co about coming aboard the film, the true story of an Air Force Pararescueman who saved 60 men before being killed in a bloody Vietnam battle, are the fleshed-out characters within it.

“I try to write three-dimensional characters [actors] would like to play, and write words they would like to say, and give them something to explore,” says Robinson. “I’d seen an awful lot of bad material, where all the emotion is written in to the lines. A lot of writing is oriented toward a result and that’s not what actors want to do. They want to push their process through the text, and find their performance. The white space in between the lines is as important to me as what’s actually in ink.”

It may sound like it, but the movie’s not so much about politics as it is about pals.

“It’s a story about friendship and loyalty and altruism,” he says. “So there’s really something in it for everybody. And it has a wonderful, heartbreaking, yet totally uplifting ending — it’s a celebration of life in the end.”

Robinson, who says his movie has “the heartbeat of this battle that’s driving the story through in a very ‘Rashomon’ kind of way… yet you have these wonderful intimate scenes between these great actors”, has had a hard slog getting the movie up because it isn’t some kind of flashy, special effects-riddled studio blockbuster.

“It is a little frustrating that there are less and less movies made, and they’re bigger and bigger, and there’s more pressure on those movies,” Robinson explains. “For people who love making movies, and seeing movies, I think you’re getting less and less of a variety because it really is a corporate mentality in terms of choosing material.”

The movie, which “Mission : Impossible – Ghost Protocol” financier David Ellison is spearheading monetarily, tells of Airman William H. Pitsenbarger, Jr. (“Pits”), who, 34-years after his death, is awarded the nations highest military honour for his actions on the battlefield.
Last edited by Agent Skulder on July 1st, 2013, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Re: David Duchovny in "The Last Full Measure"

Postby Agent Skulder » May 6th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Source Sites

IMDb - Main page (skeletal for now; DD 4th billed on mobile site)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783640/combined
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Skulder » May 15th, 2013, 2:16 am

Todd Robinson on 'The Last Full Measure' ...
March 15, 2013

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/03/m ... awken.html

Interesting read.

(Robinson looks like Jason Alexander - "George" from Seinfeld, but with hair & contacts....)
Last edited by Agent Skulder on July 1st, 2013, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Skulder » May 16th, 2013, 10:52 pm

Andy Garcia attached to FOX Studio Film...
http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/and ... ets-524144

This may be a case of déjà vu, but Garcia was originally attached to Phantom in 2011 (with the same director as TLFM) when something "better" came along, & he dropped out of Phantom. Duchovny replaced him.

Now, 2 years later:
"Garcia will play a seasoned detective who inadvertently becomes the boss of the two wannabes [in Fox's 'Let's Be Cops'].

"Cops is eyeing a summer shoot in Atlanta.... This is Garcia’s first studio movie since 2007’s Ocean’s Thirteen..."

Last Full Measure - an Indie - is also slated to shoot this summer, also in Georgia (which must offer good tax credits). Maybe he can film both. Otherwise if Robinson really wants Garcia this new "Studio Film" could hold up production of Robinson's Indie.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Skulder » September 6th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Update: nothing to update

Now that September is in full swing, and there's been no news regarding this film which was supposed to shoot during August in Georgia, we can only assume they ran into budget problems or some other snafu.

From the IMDb page:
"Note: Because this project is categorized as in development, the data is only available on IMDbPro and is subject to change."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783640/?mode=desktop

Since Duchovny's every waking move (including plane rides) is tracked on Duchovny Central's blog via Twitter, we know he hasn't flown into Georgia. Stay tuned...
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Agent Skulder » September 12th, 2013, 6:48 pm

Something new (to us), that's actually OLD - from 2007

While trying to search for news about this film we searched a different way and found a few interviews that confirmed the director - Todd Robinson - started talking up this project 6 years ago. The timing explains some odd IMDb message board threads that pre-date what we thought was the original entry for this film. One example from ComingSoon; notice the original cast mentioned.

CS: What will you be doing next?
Robinson: My next movie's called "The Last Full Measure" and currently, my cast includes Morgan Freeman, Robert Duvall, Bruce Willis, Andy Garcia, Laurence Fishburne, Amy Madigan and a whole bunch more...

CS: What's "The Last Full Measure" about?
Robinson: It's a totally beautiful, wonderful gut-wrenching true story about how a group of veterans who survived the bloodiest day in Vietnam after an incredible ambush, were reunited 35 years later by this self-interested Pentagon bureaucrat who was tasked with helping them get the man who saved their lives 35 years ago the Medal of Honor. It's a gorgeous movie and the Department of Defense is all behind it [pre Obama, if that matters]. It's one of those that I'll be able to be proud of when I'm a granddad, it's a good one. 

CS: Are you going to be doing that through a studio?
Robinson: Well, I'm putting it together independently because when you go to a studio, it's a lot more about the business of making movies then the passion, and I get these actors based on the script and based on our synergy. Sometimes it's tricky to do that with a studio. It also depends on the type of movie. I'm sitting here at Universal right now after spending an hour at DreamWorks, because they have a project I really like, so it all depends on what business plan fits the movie the best. I don't really have a position on it. Independent movies have a lot of challenges. It takes a lot longer to get them up and going, but you have more control. 

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19734

I'd say "stay tuned" but there's no way to know if this project will ever get made. I doubt we need another movie about Vietnam, but it might be better than another vampire romp.
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Return to David Duchovny