XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

My Meeting with Bill

Moderator: ItsOutThere

My Meeting with Bill

Postby TruthIsOutThere » September 9th, 2012, 1:23 am

Thanks to a tip from Agent Skulder (thanks so much, AS, you rock!!!), I was able to meet Bill Davis in Seattle tonight. I took my daughter, and we both got a chance to talk with him for a bit and get some autographs. He's a very kind and soft-spoken man, remind me of my father in many ways (who also was named William and went by "Bill"); in fact my wife often comments about how much he reminds her of my dad.

We timed things perfectly. He was scheduled for 7:00 p.m., so I called ahead (making sure it was still on), then left my place a little after 7. By the time we drove downtown, found parking, and found him in the lower part of the bookstore, it was past 7:30. We saw a number of people coming up the stairs, so I think we just missed any kind of line. By the time we arrived it was just us!

He was very personable and enjoyable to talk to. I mentioned (to the staff person there) how wonderful this old bookstore was, and this led to the three of us (her, Bill and I) chatting for a bit about how bookstores have really disappeared in recent years. Bill said that there's hardly any of them in Vancouver anymore.

Here's a pic my daughter snapped. I'm the one on the right. ;)

TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Re: My Meeting with Bill

Postby TruthIsOutThere » September 9th, 2012, 1:24 am

Not sure why it's cutting off so much of the picture (it usually doesn't do that, so must be the settings on this website). So here's a direct link, for anyone who wants to see it:

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae29 ... GP4810.jpg
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Agent Skulder » September 9th, 2012, 8:21 am

Terrific picture and account, Truth! (I don't think XFU code "auto sizes" photos which is why it got cropped, but the link is perfect. Nice to "meet" you!)

Davis' PR rep Rachel Sentes posted the confirmation of his signing mid week, so I'm glad you could take advantage of your proximity to the bookstore. Incredibly, I think this was his only US book signing to date. Whether he has future US appearances pending, we can only check his Facebook (or Google alerts).

Being able to meet and chat with someone as you and your daughter did Davis, is so much more enjoyable than the structured madness of large scale events. Seattle's storied low key vibe probably added to the relaxed atmosphere. I can't picture him doing a book signing in NYC, for example, but Upstate or even Boston or New Haven might work.

Thanks for sharing your evening!
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby HristinaB » September 9th, 2012, 10:37 am

He looks very sweet!Like one of those people you'd sit down with and listen, as they share their life's experiences.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it.
HristinaB
Big Mike, Staff Vet

Postby Apocrypha21 » September 18th, 2012, 6:08 am

Great photo, TruthIsOutThere! :)

It must have been an amazing experience to chat with a member of the XF team. Thank you for sharing this with us!
Resist or serve.
Apocrypha21
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby Righthere » April 4th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Wow! I bet that was a great experience TruthIsOutThere! :P I'd love to meet him too!

P.S. Any alien colonization plans revealed? alien]
Seeing is believing
Righthere
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby Agent Skulder » April 4th, 2013, 5:42 pm

If you have any plans to visit the UK this summer, he'll be at the London Comic Con...

Or, check his sites - official and Facebook - (linked in Interweb thread) for his upcoming appearances. His wife resides in the South of France so they split their time between Europe and Canada.
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby TruthIsOutThere » April 5th, 2013, 4:12 pm

I missed some of the remarks on here earlier. No plans of colonization revealed, I'm afraid. :)
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Righthere » April 6th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Agent Skulder wrote:If you have any plans to visit the UK this summer, he'll be at the London Comic Con...

Or, check his sites - official and Facebook - (linked in Interweb thread) for his upcoming appearances. His wife resides in the South of France so they split their time between Europe and Canada.

I wish I could fly... Thank you for the suggestion Agent Skulder! You always know everything! bravo]
Seeing is believing
Righthere
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby Harris Ryland » April 3rd, 2014, 11:14 pm

Met him at LFCC '13 , he's so low key and polite cancer]
Harris Ryland
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby TruthIsOutThere » April 4th, 2014, 10:44 am

Very much so. Welcome to the forums, Harris Ryland!
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Harris Ryland » May 8th, 2014, 5:25 pm

Thanks skinner]
Harris Ryland
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Return to CSM/William B. Davis