XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Bombshell Ending and other thoughts

Moderator: TruthIsOutThere

Bombshell Ending and other thoughts

Postby maurisap » January 4th, 2018, 12:10 am

SPOILERS

I finished the episode, I think I’ve processed the shock, so here are my thoughts (if you were following along on the Facebook XFU page, some of this may repeat).

Great beginning. I loved the throwback to “Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man.” He faked the space landing? Why? What was the point? Was it a case of the tail wagging the dog? I can’t think of what was going on in history then.

CSM- did we ever learn how he escaped fiery death? I can’t remember if that was part of season 10.

Mulder and Scully look a little stiff with each other and Scullys doing that weird whisper thing from season 10. Does GA have some voice damage? They look good.

Monologue. Lots and lots of monologue. I know it has a purpose but I’d like to see action and case-solving.

I really was hoping for a case and not William angst for the first episode. Why are people looking for him and why do they keep saying “the boy”? He’s not really a boy anymore.

Mulder in a Mustang. Looking good. Midlife crisis car? Whatever, he travels three states FAST!

Glad to see The Syndicate is alive and well. We need more villains.

Now- the BOMBSHELL. Holy crap. My stomach actually got nauseous and my lip curled up. I’m going to post a separate topic on William’s parentage. There are already links and analysis going around the Internet.

So- a strong beginning to season 11. (Ps- I may start a “we hate CC” fansite. Any joiners, lol?
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
]
maurisap
Site Admin

Re: Bombshell Ending and other thoughts

Postby maurisap » January 4th, 2018, 12:14 am

Oh! I did NOT expect to see Jeffrey Spender. I also don’t remember him being the sole “keeper” of knowledge for where William is. I’m going to have to go back and rewatch.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
]
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby maurisap » January 4th, 2018, 12:19 am

And what is Monica doing with CSM? Has she been working with him all along? Is she a Fowley? I may have to hate her.
]
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby OneShoe » January 4th, 2018, 9:43 pm

I enjoyed the episode, but I have a lot of questions (not that that's anything new.)

I've tried to stay spoiler free, but I had heard someone float the theory that maybe the Season 10 finale was a dream or vision, so I like that that ended up being the case because that fixed a lot of problems I had with the last episode in terms of it being a little ridiculous.

Still no good explanation for how CSM survived being blown up and what happened to his trach hole? But we find out the CGB stands for Carl Gerhard Bush. That's interesting.

Mulder's monologues were very film noir detective. I did like the car scenes though. I kept whispering "2 Fast 2 Furious" to my sister everytime he was driving fast.

I don't understand how Jeffrey Spender looks normal. And why does Mulder have his number in his contacts?

I'm concerned about how Reyes fits into all this. However, Annabeth Gish did get kinda defensive on Twitter about her character being called a villain, so I still have hope. Also, Skinner didn't seem that surprised to see her when she had a gun to his head, but maybe he was just being a cool cucumber.

I liked the new Syndicate people or whoever they are.

And I love Mark Snow's music, but it seemed like it was constant in this episode. Maybe it's always like that in fast paced episodes, but it kinda bugged me. That and the subtle camera zooms. It gave it a bit of a modern police procedural feel.

What was up with Miller and Einstein? They kinda acted like they didn't know Scully or at least that they wanted to give the impression that they didn't know Scully. Did the other episode not happen either? The one where Mulder took shrooms and line-danced? I really don't like Miller and Einstein (especially Einstein), so I would be okay with that.

In one of Mulder's monologues he wondered if he had "come full circle to find the truth" like the line in "Revelations". Just an observation.

Another observation in the flashback to "En Ami", the editing was weird around the part where CSM says he and his housekeeper carried Scully to bed...and I went back and read the transcript of that part of the episode and originally he didn't mention a housekeeper if the transcript is correct.

My reaction to CSM's bombshell was OMG, but I kept picturing Luke Skywalker screaming "Nooooo!", which is basically how my sister reacted, so it was hard to take seriously.

I have no idea how they are going to shift into Monster of the Week episodes. Plus, Mulder just killed a guy. It seems like that should have consequences.
OneShoe
Phillip Padgett, Typist

Postby TruthIsOutThere » January 5th, 2018, 12:59 pm

Really good points so far.

I too was bothered by Scully's 'whisper voice'; I wonder if she's doing that on purpose, to show us a weakened, injured Scully. GA played Media in American Gods recently, and she didn't talk like this, so I think it's intentional.

The bit about Mulder and Spender having each other as contacts in their phones seemed strange to me as well. I wouldn't expect that either would have the other as a contact, but if they did, who puts their brother (even a half-brother) in one's phone with both a first and last name?
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby FunkyFiles » January 13th, 2018, 8:59 am

Im so confused xD thats all I can say. The whole previous season was a vision or a dream?? what?
or maybe that ufo took scully to the past?? :?
I will have to see that episode again, maybe two times more xD
FunkyFiles
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby TruthIsOutThere » February 1st, 2018, 6:04 pm

I think they were just saying that only the *last* episode from last season (MSII) was the dream/vision.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Return to My Struggle III