XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

There aren't many alien colonists

Moderators: ItsOutThere, TruthIsOutThere

There aren't many alien colonists

Postby Doug Hutchison » September 14th, 2015, 12:35 pm

The conclusion I have drawn is that the alien colonists either struggle to reproduce or are trying to take over so many planets that they're spread too thinly to be effective. My reasons for this are:

- their science is incredible yet they refuse to engage Earth in an actual war
- they feel that they need a slave race on Earth
- they constantly send the same bounty hunter
- they get easily shut down by a small resistance force
- they create a load of "super soldiers" instead of using their own shape-shifting abilities to replace humans

Basically I think they're using their awesome science as a veil to cover the fact that they can't take over Earth. The syndicate fell for it and started preparing for an invasion that couldn't happen at all without human cooperation.

Disagree with me.
Doug Hutchison
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Re: There aren't many alien colonists

Postby TruthIsOutThere » September 14th, 2015, 5:00 pm

I think you're right that there aren't that many of them. Though that ship in FTF seemed pretty huge, so I suppose there are still at least hundreds (thousands?). Nowhere near what is necessary to take on billions of humans, though.

I'm not convinced there is only one ABH, though. I always got the impression that was just one of the more common personas/images they took on.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Postby Fallon » October 2nd, 2015, 12:46 pm

I think colonization just isn't going to happen.
Fallon
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby AJBlack » October 23rd, 2015, 5:09 am

The other explanation is that they simply don't consider Earth of much strategic value to warrant sending a massive invasion force, which I tend to feel is possibly more accurate.

I mean if Purity did go about sparking life across the galaxy, which is implied, then they're an enormous universal force potentially. It would be like in Star Trek, the Borg sending their entire fleet to colonise Earth - they never do because they don't feel they need to in order to get the job done.
AJBlack

Postby maurisap » October 23rd, 2015, 5:04 pm

I agree with you, AJBlack. I always picture this as a science experiment with Earth.

Then there's the issue of the alien rebels, which screwed up the mythology imo,but even with them I felt like this was a small group protesting the mistreatment of Earth people .
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby FlyingSquirrel42 » November 1st, 2015, 5:32 pm

maurisap wrote:I agree with you, AJBlack. I always picture this as a science experiment with Earth.

Then there's the issue of the alien rebels, which screwed up the mythology imo,but even with them I felt like this was a small group protesting the mistreatment of Earth people .

I don't know about that. If they cared that much about how Earth people were being treated, they shouldn't have gone around luring abductees - the poster-children for mistreatment of humans - to central locations to set them on fire. The analogy I used to make back when the show was originally airing was that the colonists are the Nazis, the rebels are the Soviet Red Army, and we're Poland. (Cut me a little slack - this was the pre-Godwin's Law era and I was a pretentious college student trying to sound clever. ;))

That's not to say that none of the aliens had sympathy for humans - Jeremiah Smith and the baseball player from "The Unnatural" were two obvious cases - but I saw them more as individuals who went rogue than as part of the explicitly identified "alien rebels" from S5/S6.
FlyingSquirrel42
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby AJBlack » November 2nd, 2015, 3:12 am

I think with the rebels there was a cold, militaristic dispassion in their approach; they had a job to do, and likely were doing it amongst numerous civilisations under threat. For them it's all bigger picture, and they'll do anything to achieve that.
AJBlack

Postby maurisap » December 29th, 2015, 12:34 am

FlyingSquirrel42 wrote:(Cut me a little slack - this was the pre-Godwin's Law era and I was a pretentious college student trying to sound clever. ;))

ROFL! It always comes back to Godwin's Law. But- the law began in 1990.

For those who don't know it, Godwin's Law says, "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1". In other words, it's inevitable.

I actually kind of like your analogy. And I could be totally off-base with my thoughts on the rebels. I couldn't figure them out and I'm pretty sure CC couldn't either. ;-)
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby Barry_Insane_Duane » April 9th, 2017, 10:35 am

AJBlack wrote:I think with the rebels there was a cold, militaristic dispassion in their approach; they had a job to do, and likely were doing it amongst numerous civilisations under threat. For them it's all bigger picture, and they'll do anything to achieve that.

I agree. I get the feeling that the rebels don't actually care about Earth or humans, they just want to fight back against the Greys. Since they are trying to colonize Earth, it makes sense that the rebels would try to stop them as an act of rebellion.
Barry_Insane_Duane
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Return to X-Files Mythology