XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Rate "One Breath"

An unconscious Scully is found in the hospital. Mulder wants to find the truth, no matter what.

One Breath

5 -- Perfect episode!
100%
4 -- Near perfect
No votes
3 -- Good episode
No votes
2 -- Needs some improvement
No votes
1 -- Really needed rewriting
No votes

Total votes : 6

Rate "One Breath"

Postby maurisap » October 26th, 2010, 9:54 pm

Rate the episode and write a review.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Re: Rate "One Breath"

Postby maurisap » October 28th, 2010, 11:12 pm

"5!" Fantastic finale to the trilogy. We get the LGM, X, murder, the return of Scully, an "is she real or a figment of imagination" Nurse Owens...this is the type of episode that made XF great.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby HristinaB » August 10th, 2012, 10:40 am

5/5 is a huge understatement.

This is my favorite episode of the whole series, I have watched it close to 70 times and I can find no flaw in it whatsoever. DD plays Mulder with his heart on his sleeve and *nails* every scene (not to mention how utterly HOT he is in his black turtleneck :tounge ), we get the ever wonderful Mrs. Scully, lovely Melissa, more insight in Skinner, great tension with X and Cancerman *and* comic relief with the Lone Gunmen. The religious overtones were subtle and comforting, the ending cute and filled with so much love... *sigh* I can't ask for anything more.

Sheer perfection. bravo]
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it.
HristinaB
Big Mike, Staff Vet

Postby TruthIsOutThere » June 14th, 2013, 12:49 pm

Yes, I also voted a "5" for this one, as it's just amazing all the way through.

Truly tense and nail-biting in the scenes with X and Mulder going after the MIB who stole some of Scully's blood. X not being afraid to shove a gun in Mulder's face, and he then doing the same to CSM. More depth given to Skinner, Frohike in a bow tie (and bringing Scully flowers), a cool flashback scene of Scully as a kid with her siblings, the beautiful Melissa, wonderful acting by Shiela Larkin and DD (who truly seemed broken when he came back to his thrashed apartment), the myserious (guardian angel?) Nurse Owens, humor by the Lone Gunmen, Mulder giving Scully her cross back, and so much more.

A few questions/comments:

- I wonder how Skinner got that note inside the sealed pack of Morleys?

- Why did X execute that MIB? I suppose he was truly protecting Mulder at this point, and he was probably telling the truth when he pointed out that Mulder worked for him, not the other way around.

- Mulder didn't even seem surprised to run into X (who had dogged him after he attempted to contact him) in the hospital laundry.
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Return to 2.8 One Breath