XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Chilling Episode

After bones are found, murders reminiscent of some in the 1940s begin again.

Chilling Episode

Postby maurisap » October 17th, 2010, 3:09 pm

This is one of the creepiest episodes in Season 2 I think. That old man, the old woman, it gives me the shivers!

And the pregnancy at the end! That poor woman!

Then there is Scully and her reference to Daniel/All Things:
SCULLY: Things must be difficult for you now. I've had ... feelings for people I've worked with. Interoffice relationships can be complicated ... especially when he's married.

I always forget about this when people dispute that Scully was really involved with Daniel. So now I'm writing here for evidence!
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Re: Chilling Episode

Postby JeSouhaite » October 26th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Interesting catch! Even though I think it's a fluke or happens by chance, it does bring an element of depth to the "Daniel" story line.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby Eugene Victor Tooms » January 16th, 2011, 4:59 am

Pretty good episode. I saw it again yesterday.

There are a couple of lines tho who really cracked me up during the episode, when the woman "BJ" is in the house of the old lady, and the old lady realizes who she really is and says : "You have his eyes ... you are .... HIM !!"
That really sounded like a B movie :mrgreen:
Eugene Victor Tooms
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby MF Luder » January 17th, 2011, 8:30 am

maurisap wrote:This is one of the creepiest episodes in Season 2 I think. That old man, the old woman, it gives me the shivers!

And the pregnancy at the end! That poor woman!

Then there is Scully and her reference to Daniel/All Things:
SCULLY: Things must be difficult for you now. I've had ... feelings for people I've worked with. Interoffice relationships can be complicated ... especially when he's married.

I always forget about this when people dispute that Scully was really involved with Daniel. So now I'm writing here for evidence!

Wow, nice catch indeed. I think it was probably a fluke more than anything else, but it does create a lovely sense of continuity.

I like Aubrey a great deal, a brilliant slice of season two horror (I love how season two is full of amazingly strong horror stories), it works tremendously well, the script is sharp, the investigative angle is a gripping watch, and the guest characters make an impact. And also it marks the debut in a Chris Carter show of Terry O' Quinn. Important one that.
MF Luder
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Return to 2.12 Aubrey